Juve - Performances in italy

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sean » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:13 pm

I was very impressed with Juventus against Madrid.....but could somebody give a run down on how they are performing in their domestic league ?
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby murphy0151 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:30 pm

murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby jack66 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:36 pm

They are second at the moment,although on the same points as ac milan,this is one top team and we will have to be at our very best to have a chance of going through.
jack66

Postby the great one » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:37 pm

murphy0151 wrote:top

Wrong Ac milan lead Serie A on goals scored  :)
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Juventino » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:00 pm

We are second with 63 points, just like AC Milan, but the rossoneri side score one more goal than we did, so they are ahead.
Third is Inter with 47 points and no chance to win the scudetto.
AC Milan has won 6 games after the 90st minute if I'm not wrong...
Juventino

Postby Sean » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:14 pm

Thanks lads....but I won't be able to rest easier after your responses.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:31 pm

Juventino wrote:We are second with 63 points, just like AC Milan, but the rossoneri side score one more goal than we did, so they are ahead.
Third is Inter with 47 points and no chance to win the scudetto.
AC Milan has won 6 games after the 90st minute if I'm not wrong...

you write good english mate, it`s not easy to speak (or write) in another language so well done. i learned how to say two beers in spanish and it wrecked my head just trying to remember that!
incidently do you know the old story about how juve got their famous kit. at the turn of the century when juventus were just formed they ordered a flashy salmon pink kit from a kit suppliers in england. at the time england was the only country who made sports kits because the game hadn`t really taken off worldwide yet. anyway the kit manufacturer sent juventus notts countys kit by mistake, when they realised they told juventus but by then the italians had become attached to the kit. so juve has notts county to thank for their famous colours. funny how life works, juventus wouldnt seem the same in any other kit somehow.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Juventino » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:40 am

In fact I can speak italian (i'm italian) and french (i was born in geneva) more fluently, so thanks a lot :D
Yeah, I knew about the weird story of our kit, the funny thing is, since a few years ago, our second kit has pink on it, and last year, the shirt was totaly pink! It has been a total commercial failure by the way! Even the most loving fan couldn't walk in the street with that http://matchseats.com/matchcatalog/images/piero.jpg
Some of our training gear is pink though, but it is slightly more wearable :)
Juventino

Postby LFCFan4Life » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:49 am

Juventus were very lucky this past weekend as their opposition's goal was unbealivably disallowed. Some say that Juve are the Italian Real Madrid as far as referee's being on their side.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby Juventino » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:57 am

We've been helped by the ref in two capital games, against Chievo and Roma! The other games were fair, honestly...
We had a great start this season and tooked a large lead... Then early 2005, we've lost many points and had 8 point less than AC Milan during the first two month. All this periode knew no referee's mistake...
Italy's Real Madrid is Inter :)
Juventino

Postby est1900 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:24 pm

juventus is the most unloyal team of Europe, their official doctor has been found guilty for abuse of drugs last month...
they pay to the referree prostitute and money.......
juventus is just the worst example of Italy.
est1900

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:29 pm

oh well you'll get over it
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby lakes10 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:52 pm

HEALING MATCH

Mar 19 2005

LIVERPOOL and Juventus are planning a special commemorative service as they join together to remember the fans who died at Heysel.

The two clubs want to head off the prospect of any trouble after they were drawn together in the Champions' League quarter-final yesterday, as the 20th anniversary of the tragedy looms.

Many people from both cities and major figures in the UEFA organisation feared "the nightmare scenario" of an explosive clash between the clubs on the raw occasion of a painful anniversary. But last night, Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry outlined the bond his club shares with Juventus and the steps they would take to ensure Heysel was remembered with dignity and respect.

He said: "I really don't think that there will be any problems. I see it as a game of friendship.

"It is an opportunity for our fans to pay their respects and move on. And that is the view of Juventus as well. There are no fears or concerns. Absolutely none."

Juventus director Romy Gai insisted the tie was a perfect chance to heal the scars of the past.

"Heysel is a terrible part of the history of both clubs and we can't forget it - we are obliged to remember it," he said.

"This is more than a simple game, but I mean that in a friendly way. We will have the chance to commemorate what happened 20 years ago and show proper respect." Tragically, 39 Juventus fans died when a wall collapsed at the Heysel Stadium in May 1985, when trouble broke out between the two sets of supporters.

The two clubs have not met in a competitive match since, although they did organise a friendly game in Turin when Ian Rush moved to the club three years later.

There are fears that Italian fans have still not forgiven their English counterparts and that could generate unrest, particularly when Liverpool visit Turin for the second leg on April 13.

Parry will hold meetings next week with Italian directors to talk about the best way in which to remember the victims of the tragedy, and he will also speak to fans at Anfield for their views.

Manager Rafael Benitez welcomed the draw but admitted it could have been kinder.

"Italian teams are always tough to play against," he said.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:39 am

I watched them play tonight, I wasnt that impressed TBH ok they wernt as bad as us against Blackburn, but they where no chelsea, Barca, BM either.
I know it was only one game I watched but a few of there players look older than Pellegrino :D .
I think we can get through over 2 legs, clean sheet at anfield, 3-0 to us. :cool:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:54 am

I watched them for a little bit as well, I am sure we can beat them on our day like any other opponent. By the way it seems that there were no more than 20,000 of their supporters, and they were at home and everytime I've seen them play their stadium has almost been half-empty.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion