DAMIEN PLESSIS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby heimdall » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:09 pm

Espionage wrote:Looked very good on the ball.  Very impressed with the guy, and its great to see some more of our young prospects getting a look in.

On of the big positives I have always seen from Rafa's rotating is that it gives young players the opportunities to come in and do something positive.  This is great motivation for young players who are in our reserves and those which we are trying to sign to the club. 

I hope that this is the growing trend,

Arsenal who?

I'm sorry but how many youngsters have been given first team chances then, becuase I must have missed those matches. Rafa rotates in his favs like Voronin rather than try some of the youngsters, either the academy is cr@p or Rafa is cr@p for not bringing through our young players!
heimdall

Postby Fo Dne » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:32 pm

The new Vieira, he's world class. He'll learn to do everything and learn to become world class at everything. He's so amazing....

YEEEAAAHHHH!!!!
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Thingy » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:45 pm

Fo Dne wrote:The new Vieira, he's world class. He'll learn to do everything and learn to become world class at everything. He's so amazing....

YEEEAAAHHHH!!!!

Rafa said the same about Momo  :D . Hes like Momo a bit though, but dosent seem half as clueless, dozy and lost as him.
Thingy

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:59 pm

Fo Dne wrote:The new Vieira, he's world class. He'll learn to do everything and learn to become world class at everything. He's so amazing....

YEEEAAAHHHH!!!!

Honestley stu , what did you make of the lad considering it was his debut  and considering who he was up against. Like i said all i was looking for was for him to look cormfortable at this level and i think it's fair to say he did.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby holylamb2006 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:18 am

Hopefully he'll play more before the season's over i'd like to see him more.

Also it couldnt harm him anymore playing time with the 1st team.
holylamb2006

Postby Fo Dne » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:26 am

Igor Zidane wrote:

YEEEAAAHHHH!!!!

Honestley stu , what did you make of the lad considering it was his debut  and considering who he was up against. Like i said all i was looking for was for him to look cormfortable at this level and i think it's fair to say he did.

Completely amazing and the best player in the world...
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:38 am

Fo Dne wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:

YEEEAAAHHHH!!!!

I still insist to this day it is NOT the lowest form of wit !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:57 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:I think that it's a little too early to praise him after just one game, we should wait and see how he does after a few more games.  I think that he should definitely start in at least the Carling cup games next year though.

Yes but credit is to be given where due , he had a good performance thats all i'm saying , i never said he would be next viera .The lad ahd a good first game esp against a top team and he deserves praise
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:06 am

The_Rock wrote:At the risk of pi$$ing of the Alonso fan club.. Plessis did in 1 game against arsenal what alonso has failed to do this season .....

Taking charge of midfield and controlling the tempo...  :cool:

So now we have Gerrard, Mascherano, Alonso, Lucas, Plessis and Guthrie (who will be back) as our CMs....... Does not take a rocket scientist to see one or even 2 will leave before next season........

hmmmmm.....i wonder who are they gonna be....  :oops:

i think if rafa sticks to the 4 5 1 formation then thats 3 centre mids playing in every game so i fancy alonso lucas masch gerrard and plesis to all stay and play plenty of games... but as for guthrie staying i cant see it, he might look good in a relegation team but hes not up to our standard, espeacialy in centre mid
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:08 am

holylamb2006 wrote:Hopefully he'll play more before the season's over i'd like to see him more.

Also it couldnt harm him anymore playing time with the 1st team.

Might not be the best choice of sub when there are only five, might make it onto a bench for Europe. If Mascherano remains banned he should play against rovers, I might also give him a game against Man City and brum. Not sure about spudz away last game of the season, depends how the situation is for fourth.

But then should we be looking to fit him into the side? He's unlikely to displace Gerrard or Mascherano when available so he's competing to fill the other midfield place in the current formation. That's up to Rafa if he thinks he deserves it, hard to say on the basis of one game.

And of course you have to take into account experience for crucial games which he doesn't have, it's all well and good playing well in a game we didn't need to win and so with no pressure........................
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:55 am

The kid has played one game and he is better then Momo ?

Just wait till he misplaces a pass, then you can all over react and label him useless.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:00 am

heimdall wrote:
Espionage wrote:Looked very good on the ball.  Very impressed with the guy, and its great to see some more of our young prospects getting a look in.

On of the big positives I have always seen from Rafa's rotating is that it gives young players the opportunities to come in and do something positive.  This is great motivation for young players who are in our reserves and those which we are trying to sign to the club. 

I hope that this is the growing trend,

Arsenal who?

I'm sorry but how many youngsters have been given first team chances then, becuase I must have missed those matches. Rafa rotates in his favs like Voronin rather than try some of the youngsters, either the academy is cr@p or Rafa is cr@p for not bringing through our young players!

I understand where you are coming from but there are positive signs.  Lucas getting games when Alonso was fit, Skrtel pushing Carra into RB, Babel getting a huge run of games.  Defense and midfield have been rotated extensively yes, forwards have not.

I still think that it will be another year or two until we know whether it will pay off.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:05 am

Fo Dne wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:

YEEEAAAHHHH!!!!

Nice one, this way you can criticize later and say you were using sarcasm as clearly he is not good enough. Way to hedge your bets.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:08 am

I think Stu was just trying to tell you all to calm down as we have only seen him play once. Ok he had a good game but even Gonzalez had a good first game and look what happened after that. Id like to think he is capable of holding down a first team place but there is no way we can make such judgments based on 1 game. If this time next season we are still singing his praises them it will be justified. Hopefully he will figure a few more times before the season is up.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:21 am

bavlondon wrote:I think Stu was just trying to tell you all to calm down as we have only seen him play once. Ok he had a good game but even Gonzalez had a good first game and look what happened after that. Id like to think he is capable of holding down a first team place but there is no way we can make such judgments based on 1 game. If this time next season we are still singing his praises them it will be justified. Hopefully he will figure a few more times before the season is up.

Fair enough and that is correct but what he also said is that he could spot "sh1t" players from their first game and it would have been nice to see him commit now so as he cannot change his opinion to follow the hoards later.

I was curious about his opinion and he seemed to hedge his bets but no doubt he will later claim to have known the player was not good enough (or world class) from his first game.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion