Comings and goings - Starting 11 for 06/07 season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bittenByTheAnfieldBug » Wed May 24, 2006 4:33 pm

What do you guys think about Di Vaio?

http://www.football-rumours.com/footballer.php?d=458

Looks like he could be playing for Liverpool next season.
bittenByTheAnfieldBug

Postby deejay-cgt » Wed May 24, 2006 7:28 pm

Di Vaio went on loan to monaco end of last season after being forced out at valenca i dont think he would be good enough for us. i hope we keep cisse and kewell. cisse because i like him lol also he could be good cover for foward and right mid. kewell looks like he getting back to his form which last saw at leeds so. if we get a forward i hope it defoe he be perfect for us price way he not over the top also he proven in the prem and him next to someone like crouch would work fine he got the pace and finishing (maybe cisse could learn how to mix it like defoe)

p.s any1 else heard more on this rumor that we are signing Javier Saviola on a season long loan??
CgT

deejay-cgt

Postby bittenByTheAnfieldBug » Wed May 24, 2006 10:09 pm

Valencia has Villa.

OTOH, I've never seen Saviola start 5 consecutive games. Not in Barcelona, not in Sevilla, probably in Monaco?
bittenByTheAnfieldBug

Postby tubby » Thu May 25, 2006 2:35 pm

Whos that other Argie weve signed. Not Palletta. Cant remember his name but he was highly rated in Argentina, its waqs quite a low key transfer. Anyone know who im talking about.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu May 25, 2006 2:36 pm

crazyhorse wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Alves will replace Cafus place on the right in the Brazil squad. Its quite lucky actually how he already hasnt been picked up by a major European team.

Hey Fella - WE are a major European team!

:buttrock

Yeah but we havent got him yet.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sat May 27, 2006 1:45 pm

this old chestnut again.... :no

from 'koptalk'  but, should we be worried yet? for me xabi's going nowhere. its the second half of the article that im alluding to... where exactly is all the pennies going? the stadium? wages? come on liverpool cant be that skint....can they?  anyway make what you will......

==============================================

Reports originating in Spain this morning claim that Real Madrid are interested in testing Liverpool's resolve with a bid for Xabi Alonso during the summer.

There are suggestions in Spain and even on Merseyside today in the local media that Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez will be forced to sell before going on a spending spree.

With investment no nearer, it is claimed that Liverpool could be tempted to cash in on Alonso. But there's no way that Rafa would willingly sell the influential midfielder so we wouldn't worry about that aspect of the reports.

However, the reports both here and in Rafa's homeland send out a gentle reminder that there's not as much money kicking around as we'd like to see.

If we're to believe the reports, unless Rafa can raise a few bob from selling Djibril Cisse and fringe players, there's no way we could afford the likes of Fernando Torres and to be honest, even Dirk Kuyt could be priced out leaving us to consider cheaper options such as Craig Bellamy and Jermain Defoe.

We had tipped a wealthy consortium to make an approach before the end of May but as you know, we've been told they're now holding off until July. We were gutted to hear this and if they move the goalposts again, we're just going to write them off altogether.

There are several options floating around for the Reds to consider but only one consortium we know about looks powerful enough to fund a new stadium, buy out David Moores and invest in new players. But there could be potential investors lurking that we don't know about.

If they were to invest we'd expect chairman David Moores to stand down and chief executive Rick Parry to leave. A dramatic shake-up would take place although Moores could stay on in some capacity.

We're aware that several individuals who are keen on investing are all keeping each other in the loop with pledges of support. Various gentlemen's agreements are in place even though they're technically rivals.

None of them favour any kind of aggresive approaches at this time. It would appear to us that everyone's just sitting tight and waiting, waiting for what we're not sure.

Liverpool fan Steve Morgan shouldn't be underestimated. He may be keeping a low profile but he's very much on the scene if you look in the right places.

Supporters should be reminded that both Rafa and Rick Parry have said numerous times that they hoped to have the majority of this summer's transfer business concluded before the World Cup finals.

We're now less than two weeks away which is a little worrying. Let's hope that the forthcoming week sees some fringe players axed and that we start to see some medicals pencilled in.

Despite a little gloom we believe the boss has at least four playes in the bag if he wants them i.e. Bellamy, Defoe, Pennant and Alves. We see little competition for them and all are within our reach.

Sadly though we don't think they'll set the world on fire so we're scouring Europe for other options. There's bound to be a shock signing but let's just hope there isn't a shock exit.

==============================================

ominous signs  ??? or someone as bored as us lot who's a tad pessimistic!   ffs  roll on the world cup, at least there'l be something factual to discuss....

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Sat May 27, 2006 1:57 pm

defoe is done and dusted. not sure about the price but he'll be at lfc next season.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby XSD » Sat May 27, 2006 2:02 pm

Alonso to madrid, don't make me laugh. If Benitez was going to sell to buy Alonso would be the very last person he'd look to sell. He's clearly happy at Liverpool as well.

and stmike how come you are so confident?
Last edited by XSD on Sat May 27, 2006 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sat May 27, 2006 2:05 pm

XSD wrote:Alonso to madrid, don't make me laugh. If Benitez was going to sell to buy Alonso would be the very last person he'd look to sell. He's clearly happy at Liverpool as well.

and i agree with you.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby neil » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:56 pm

Heres my take on a possible starting 11 for next season, maybe even for the big games
Reina
Aurelio
Agger
Palletta
Finnan
Gerrard
Alonso
Sissoko
Gonzales
Bellamy
Crouch
what do you think? comedy?
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:08 pm

neil wrote:Heres my take on a possible starting 11 for next season, maybe even for the big games
Reina
Aurelio
Agger
Palletta
Finnan
Gerrard
Alonso
Sissoko
Gonzales
Bellamy
Crouch
what do you think? comedy?

2 words

Carra Ger
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:19 am

2 words ? bit more than that Leon, where could you fit him in? England can't. I think Carraghers rally cries are second to none, his willingness to die for the cause is highly admirable, however, there is a possibilty that at his age and the fact that he has not had a proper rest now for 3 years coupled with his high energy combatitive nature, we could see a tired player next year. Hey who's to say that Palletta & Agger are not better anyway? His distribution is conservative and predictable, I suggest people take note of Henchoz demise, here was a guy that gave the proverbial 110% every game and yet he was kicked to the curb because he did'nt offer anything more. Bring on the brickbats.
Last edited by neil on Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:26 am

First name on the team sheet from rafa is Carra FACT.
Benitez on Carra's season just gone, Jamie is the best CD in the prem.
I dont think Rafa will be looking at replacing him any time soon.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:33 am

What about the long period without a rest? Is he bionic?
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:43 am

Resting or injury is the only way that Carragher won't be the first name on the team sheet in my humble and non-Anfield going opinion. I think that only Terry in the Premiership is a better and more reliable stopper and if Agger or Palletta ever in their careers reach his level they will have been sound purchases.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion