Comings and goings - Starting 11 for 06/07 season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby PCG77 » Fri May 19, 2006 2:50 pm

Red Red Tom wrote:Why is everybody so keen on Defoe - he can't get in the Tottenham side, surely you aren't suggesting we should take on somebody like that?  Perhaps he IS better than some of our current crop - so from that point of view he would be an improvement, but we can still do far better!  Why should we be satisfied with somebody who is only slightly better than our current forward line when we are Liverpool FC?  I'd like to see a bit more ambition than that.  Robbie Keane might be a good move - but I can't see them selling him after the season he's just had.

If you had to choose a striker in the Premiership who'll be moving on this summer - and you were any other club, you wouldn't take Defoe, you'd take Horse-face.  Unfortunetly that deal would be nearly impossible because of his ties to the scum.  If we must buy a Premiership player, lets at least investigate the rumours about a clause in Owen's contract letting him come to us first.  Anybody can see that Liverpool are flying again, and Michael will surely want to be a part of that.

If not, then look abroad - Defoe is English, and would cost far, far too much.  You can get better players than him for less if, and I really hope Rafa decides to take a big step, not a small one forward up front this summer.

Tom

Why do some people think because we are Liverpool FC we can have whoever we want. What ever happened to the financial and political factors? Also, the player must actually want to come to the club.

As much as it hurts to admit, presently we do not have a Russian oil thief running our club. Unfortunately we do not have an owner who raped and pillaged his country's unfortunate circumstances with the backing of the military. Therefore, we must conduct our summer transfer budget on the same parameters as 1 average chelski purchase. Hence, we can’t afford to bring in 2 of the worlds best right wingers. 2 world class strikers and an international for every position in reserve.

As much as I wish we could walk up to Inter and throw dollars at Adriano or a striker of that caliber. Reality is, it’s very unlikely to happen, same as last summer. Unless major investment comes in very quickly.

Reality check: Defoe, Bellamy, Bent or Kuyt are probably as good as we can hope for. As much as I love Owen, why do so many LFC supporters believe Owen is the savior to all our striking problems. Do we have short memories. As great as he is when he is fit and in form, he has spent the last 3-4 years of his career injury plagued or struggling for form.

What’s next, Are the rest of the Spice boys suppose to return to the club.

I would prefer the club to seek a younger striker either here or abroad. Not another washed up player i.e. Morientes. No Raul's or Ronaldo's. Yes, they might sell a few shirts but we need 20 goals in the back of the net. Yes, there are older players who are capable but it would be nice to see a young striker to play here 10+ years and knock in 200 goals.
PCG77

Postby Gareth G » Fri May 19, 2006 2:54 pm

Well said PCG77.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Fri May 19, 2006 4:14 pm

PCG77 wrote:
Red Red Tom wrote:Why is everybody so keen on Defoe - he can't get in the Tottenham side, surely you aren't suggesting we should take on somebody like that?  Perhaps he IS better than some of our current crop - so from that point of view he would be an improvement, but we can still do far better!  Why should we be satisfied with somebody who is only slightly better than our current forward line when we are Liverpool FC?  I'd like to see a bit more ambition than that.  Robbie Keane might be a good move - but I can't see them selling him after the season he's just had.

If you had to choose a striker in the Premiership who'll be moving on this summer - and you were any other club, you wouldn't take Defoe, you'd take Horse-face.  Unfortunetly that deal would be nearly impossible because of his ties to the scum.  If we must buy a Premiership player, lets at least investigate the rumours about a clause in Owen's contract letting him come to us first.  Anybody can see that Liverpool are flying again, and Michael will surely want to be a part of that.

If not, then look abroad - Defoe is English, and would cost far, far too much.  You can get better players than him for less if, and I really hope Rafa decides to take a big step, not a small one forward up front this summer.

Tom

Why do some people think because we are Liverpool FC we can have whoever we want. What ever happened to the financial and political factors? Also, the player must actually want to come to the club.

As much as it hurts to admit, presently we do not have a Russian oil thief running our club. Unfortunately we do not have an owner who raped and pillaged his country's unfortunate circumstances with the backing of the military. Therefore, we must conduct our summer transfer budget on the same parameters as 1 average chelski purchase. Hence, we can’t afford to bring in 2 of the worlds best right wingers. 2 world class strikers and an international for every position in reserve.

As much as I wish we could walk up to Inter and throw dollars at Adriano or a striker of that caliber. Reality is, it’s very unlikely to happen, same as last summer. Unless major investment comes in very quickly.

Reality check: Defoe, Bellamy, Bent or Kuyt are probably as good as we can hope for. As much as I love Owen, why do so many LFC supporters believe Owen is the savior to all our striking problems. Do we have short memories. As great as he is when he is fit and in form, he has spent the last 3-4 years of his career injury plagued or struggling for form.

I would prefer the club to seek a younger striker either here or abroad. Not another washed up player i.e. Morientes. No Raul's or Ronaldo's. Yes, they might sell a few shirts but we need 20 goals in the back of the net. Yes, there are older players who are capable but it would be nice to see a young striker to play here 10+ years and knock in 200 goals.

:buttrock

what he said!
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PCG77 » Fri May 19, 2006 4:30 pm

I know I can get fired up but there is so much verbal :censored: that comes out. The end of the day Rafa will do what he thinks is best for the club with the resources available. Madrid tried to put Rafa over a barrel last year in regards to Figo. As much as Rafa wanted him, the club came first and Rafa went else where (with out much success). However, we see it again this season, Liverpool show some interest in Bent (supposedly?). Rafa is thinking around the 7million pound mark... Charlton want 12... take it or leave it.. The games we play
PCG77

Postby alessandromagno » Fri May 19, 2006 5:56 pm

My fear is that if we sell Cisse and buy Defoe, what advance is that? It's just musical chairs. We want someone who'll get 20 goals a season--but Cisse got 19. Only sell him for a significantly better striker like Owen or Kuyt.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri May 19, 2006 6:03 pm

PCG77 wrote:Why do some people think because we are Liverpool FC we can have whoever we want. What ever happened to the financial and political factors? Also, the player must actually want to come to the club.

:cool:  Well said that man.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO » Fri May 19, 2006 6:18 pm

Reina

Finnan             Hyppia            Carragher                Riise

Sissoko

Wright Phillips                  Gerrard                           Gonzalez

Crouch        Van Nistlerooy

Subs
Carson
Fowler
Alonso
Kewell
Cisse
ALONSO

Postby david wayne » Mon May 22, 2006 10:19 pm

reina
alves
areulio
hypia
carra
sissoko
xabi
stevie g
pennant
gonzalez
defoe
david wayne

Postby tubby » Tue May 23, 2006 8:36 pm

I know this should really be in the rumors section but i dont give a :censored:.

Rumours doing their rounds on the internet (especially on popular fans' site ynwa.tv) suggest that Liverpool have signed up 14yr old Adam Pepper.

Pepper was Everton's brighest youth prospect and it seems he had a look at Man U, Liverpool and Everton and liked the way he was treated by Liverpool.

Ive heard a lot abgout this kid since last year actually and from what people have said he is the next big Scouse superstar to emerge form the ranks. I just hope the rumors are true. Id rather secure the services of a bright kid like this who can grow up to be a Gerrard or Rooney.

Rafa has signed some good kids, so lets just hope we start to see a few of them breaking through next year.
Last edited by tubby on Tue May 23, 2006 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue May 23, 2006 11:14 pm

bavlondon wrote:I know this should really be in the rumors section but i dont give a :censored:.

Rumours doing their rounds on the internet (especially on popular fans' site ynwa.tv) suggest that Liverpool have signed up 14yr old Adam Pepper.

Pepper was Everton's brighest youth prospect and it seems he had a look at Man U, Liverpool and Everton and liked the way he was treated by Liverpool.

Ive heard a lot abgout this kid since last year actually and from what people have said he is the next big Scouse superstar to emerge form the ranks. I just hope the rumors are true. Id rather secure the services of a bright kid like this who can grow up to be a Gerrard or Rooney.

Rafa has signed some good kids, so lets just hope we start to see a few of them breaking through next year.

Ciggy posted a few weeks back about him, i hope he becomes the next superstar in english football and Liverpool history
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Speedy Gonzalez » Wed May 24, 2006 12:19 am

Kopboyau wrote:Just looking to get peoples opinions on their starting 11's for next season. Please can we stick to names that we have a realistic chance of transfering. Here is my line up:

GK - Reina
LB - Risse
CB - Carragher
CB - Agger
RB - Finnan
LW - Kewell
CM - Gerrard
CM - Alonso
RW - Simao
CF - Crouch
CF - Defoe

Bench

Garcia
Momo
Cisse
Carson
Kromkamp
Fowler

Wheres Hyypia ?
has he gone on holiday for 1 season?

Defoe? c'mon DUDE! Chelski signing Ballack and possibly Schevckenko when he makes up his mind on wed?

Us Defoe?

If you think we ae gonna win the title with that you is larfin mate.

We need to try a little harder in the transfer market.
Speedy Gonzalez

Postby GOAT » Wed May 24, 2006 12:21 am

Speedy Gonzalez wrote:
Kopboyau wrote:Just looking to get peoples opinions on their starting 11's for next season. Please can we stick to names that we have a realistic chance of transfering. Here is my line up:

GK - Reina
LB - Risse
CB - Carragher
CB - Agger
RB - Finnan
LW - Kewell
CM - Gerrard
CM - Alonso
RW - Simao
CF - Crouch
CF - Defoe

Bench

Garcia
Momo
Cisse
Carson
Kromkamp
Fowler

Wheres Hyypia ?
has he gone on holiday for 1 season?

Defoe? c'mon DUDE! Chelski signing Ballack and possibly Schevckenko when he makes up his mind on wed?

Us Defoe?

If you think we ae gonna win the title with that you is larfin mate.

We need to try a little harder in the transfer market.

:D  Knew we'd have a speedy gonzalez soon enough! welcome, and i agree
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Speedy Gonzalez » Wed May 24, 2006 12:25 am

PCG77 wrote:Why do some people think because we are Liverpool FC we can have whoever we want. What ever happened to the financial and political factors? Also, the player must actually want to come to the club.

Yes, and this is exact reason why we will struggle to win the league next season, if we have any chance.

I blame Rick Parry. Still not much investment without any of the old boys moving out of the board.

And wheres the funding or commencement on the building of the new stadium, seeing as LFC have had planning permission for nearly 12 months??

Stanley park is still in tact. Whats Parry doing to raise the funds to get the builders in? Selling "Big Issues" ?

Arsenal are moving into their new ground as we speak.

No mess boys...Chelsea getting stronger, Ballack, Schev etc.

If this is the case, i would predict a similar season to the one for us that has just ended. a contest for the "also rans", no matter who benitez signs.

World class is what we need.
Speedy Gonzalez

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed May 24, 2006 6:16 am

Get rid of Cisse, Le Tallec, Pongolle, Kirkland, Cheyrou, Diao, Morientes and any other deadweight.

I'd like Wright-Phillips on loan, but I don't think Jose will let him go to a rival.

Sign Dirk Kuyt, Joaquin and David Villa, if possible.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed May 24, 2006 8:45 am

The fact once again remains that if we seriously wish to close the gap further let alone overtake Chelsea we reuqire some serious investment. I hope something materitalises soon.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion