CL QF/SF DRAW. FRIDAY 11.00 GMT - PSV Eindhoven

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby destro » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:49 pm

Just the draw i wanted :) all the scum fans in work are really worried about Roma.

Despite what many are saying on here im not worried in the slightest about facing them i saw nothing at all to concern me in either of the group games we played them in or the games they played against Arsenal

Bring on number 6 and no sweeter way to do it than watching the scum fans crying in Athens if they make it that far ( ive already dismissed the semi as a foregone conclusion :p )
destro

Postby Marccc » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:39 pm

We in Eindhoven are much less happy with the draw as you guys are. I think PSV is to weak to defeat Liverpool FC. What do you think about this? I think the chanches are 70% - 30% for L'pool.

See you in Eindhoven and Liverpool!! :D

Sorry for my english! I'm Dutch!
Marccc

Postby jaytoothetee » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:54 pm

me thinks i'll just cut out the middle man and wear a nappy if it's a lfc mufc final... don't want to be sh*ttin up me kecks :D

One time, I saw a man looking at me, yes, with his eyes. And then, he, he picked up a tube. And he looked, in the tube, and he made the moon big, inside the tube. The moon big inside a tube! Waahaha... Aaah. Telescope.
jaytoothetee

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:13 pm

Marccc wrote:We in Eindhoven are much less happy with the draw as you guys are. I think PSV is to weak to defeat Liverpool FC. What do you think about this? I think the chanches are 70% - 30% for L'pool.

I'd say 60%-40% . Any team that knocks out Arsenal derserves respect . I hope we at Liverpool don't get over confident as PSV are capable of springing a nasty surprise .

Also congratulations to the PSV fans  , I appreciate the respect many of you have shown to Liverpool FC .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Marccc » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:51 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Marccc wrote:We in Eindhoven are much less happy with the draw as you guys are. I think PSV is to weak to defeat Liverpool FC. What do you think about this? I think the chanches are 70% - 30% for L'pool.

I'd say 60%-40% . Any team that knocks out Arsenal derserves respect . I hope we at Liverpool don't get over confident as PSV are capable of springing a nasty surprise .

Also congratulations to the PSV fans  , I appreciate the respect many of you have shown to Liverpool FC .

We appreciate your respect also! The LFC fans are one of the best fans we've ever got in Eindhoven @ Uefa Champions league! Great songs in our stadium, great fans, great club. :bowdown

I'm pretty happy with the draw because LFC is one of my favourite clubs in Europe, after PSV ofcourse. :cool:

Does someone know overhere what the price of a ticket is for the visitors sector?

:bowdown

Marccc

Postby destro » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:56 pm

Just as a matter of interest if we play the scum in the final which team gets to wear red and how is it decided ?
destro

Postby Marccc » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:06 pm

I think they draw

Marccc

Postby destro » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:11 pm

I think it should be based on the number of times youve won the european cup :D
destro

Postby Marccc » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:17 pm

Hmm I think that's not such a good plan;)

Marccc

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:25 pm

Andy Gray, of all people, makes a good point in today's football365.com column:

PSV will be nowhere near as generous as Barcelona at the back.  We can expect some well-drilled defensive work from the Dutch side and the onus will be on us to break them down.  We'll need big performances from the likes of Kuyt, Bellamy, Crouch, Gerrard, Riise and Pennant.  This may be the tie where the loss of Garcia really tells.  My hope is that, when the chances do fall our way, we have the wherewithall to take them this time. I'm still confident we'll get through but I think we might just find it a much more frustrating two legs of football than we had against the holders. ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:50 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Andy Gray, of all people, makes a good point in today's football365.com column:

PSV will be nowhere near as generous as Barcelona at the back.  We can expect some well-drilled defensive work from the Dutch side and the onus will be on us to break them down.  We'll need big performances from the likes of Kuyt, Bellamy, Crouch, Gerrard, Riise and Pennant.  This may be the tie where the loss of Garcia really tells.  My hope is that, when the chances do fall our way, we have the wherewithall to take them this time. I'm still confident we'll get through but I think we might just find it a much more frustrating two legs of football than we had against the holders. ???

Based on what we have seen so far this season mate that is a distinct possibility.
Although PSV are at home first and would want a lead, i am sure they will sit back as conceding a goal when you are the home team can be catastrophic.

We will need the attacking players to be ready to take there chances because as you said there wont be a hat full.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Novo » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:10 am

A good draw in theory,however the defensive game by Koeman could be a though draw to us,but i think we could reach semi finals.
Novo

Postby Reg » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:16 am

Cant complain about the draw can we? Our game is predictable though, masses of action, run them ragged, hope to god we fumble one over the line.

But we should go into the game confident and its high time to show these other top clubs that we do have finishers who will ruthlessly punish mistakes.

There's a word that we haven't had cause to use since the Owen's and Fowlers of this world left us 'ruthless' .

Forza Reds !
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrTNT » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:23 am

I think we got a good draw, we've played them twice this season and have a good record against them, it will undoubtedly be tougher, than Barca, to get through their defenses as they are a well organized and disciplined side. However, I am confident of securing a position in the semi-finals but the team must not be complacent in their approach to this tie as any team that can beat Arsenal over two legs deserves respect.

Rafa being the professional he is will emphasize this to the team and will not get carried away with the prospect of Chelsea or Valencia in the next round. It would be great to go all the way this year to show the new owners exactly what Liverpool FC is about and thats winning trophies!!!.
REST IN PEACE PHIL!
DrTNT

Postby hello_red » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:33 am

good draw for the redmen however after benfica last year im not counting any chickens until they pop up in the semi final!
hello_red
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion