CL QF/SF DRAW. FRIDAY 11.00 GMT - PSV Eindhoven

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redmikey » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:25 pm

your all forgetting rafa has already told us it will be us verse ac milan in the final

good draw but so was benfica last year where we were the better team like arsenal were against with defensive unit

don't care about the next round yet just getting a lead against psv away, by taking our chances
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:25 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:anyone got any set dates

DATES SET FOR PSV GAMES

The first leg of Liverpool's Champions League quarter-final tie with PSV will be played in Eindhoven on Tuesday, April 3.

The club has also confirmed that the return leg at Anfield will take place on Wednesday, April 11.

(from .tv)
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:36 pm

I wanted a Liverpool v Bayern final and its looking on the cards now after the draw. I realise PSV won't be easy but to be fair they would have been my first choice (unless Valencia get banned)Thank god they beat Arsenal as I really wouldn't have fancied playing Arsenal in another cup tie.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby lakes10 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:48 pm

Liverpool v Man U in the Final then lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:51 pm

lakes10 wrote:Liverpool v Man U in the Final then lol

I don't think my heart could cope with that final Lakes. I certainly wouldn't be able to enjoy it. I just can't stand ManU.
account deleted by request

Postby lakes10 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:55 pm

s@int wrote:
lakes10 wrote:Liverpool v Man U in the Final then lol

I don't think my heart could cope with that final Lakes. I certainly wouldn't be able to enjoy it. I just can't stand ManU.

lol i know what you are saying, we would go 0-4 down in the 40 mins and come back and win 5-4....they would kill half the forum off lol.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:05 pm

I think we are looking at an all English final here.

I dont thik I'd want to go to Athens if we were playing the Mancs
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:26 pm

We cannot afford complacency. We don't want a repeat of last year, when we were beaten by an inferior team purely because our lads did not think it was going to be a challenge.

This draw is harder than many people realise.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:27 pm

Im happy enough with the draw! I really did not want another EPL at this stage..lets save the Mancs to the final! :D

On paper we all would have wanted PSV or maybe Roma but that counts for nothing really!
We will need to be at the top of our game and every player will need to be 100% focused from now to the final if we are to get there!I really feel we can win this again this year.
I just hope we get a decent ref and the game is won fairly,some of the referee's in the C/L this year have been very poor!FFS they give free kicks and yellow cards for fun.

Im sure we are favourites but that counts for nothing at this stage...PSV are not in the quarters by luck!
66-1120597113

Postby Crouchamania » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:29 pm

The 2nd legs at home so thats to our advantage. I'm confident we'll score in PSV.
RIP Drummerphil YNWA

JFT96 Don't buy The S*n

Crouchamania

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:44 pm

Either way we're in for a rocky time, and those of us with short nails better start growing them now, for they'll need to be long, because knowing how the reds have performed in recent memory in Europe, it's never comfortable and I've found myself wanting to nibble down to the bone. Past few big games, I've not had the nerve to watch the last 10 minutes and found myself in the toilet. No lie.

PSV were ideal. They were my pick to come out of the draw, though looking how it could pan out eventually doesnt bode well for said nervous dispostions. I'll be praying Roma do United. Not that I fear the filth, it's just that I've had bad vibes ever since '96 when that French whore smashed in the winner against us in the final of the F.A. Like S@int said - it will not be comfortable, and the thought of them sneaking a bad beat to us will be a :censored: living nightmare if they were to do it in the biggest one of all, and one that is a God given right to be ours by tradition.

Us to go through, and either United and Chelsea to get beat and exit the compitition. That would be ideal. On the other hand, I'd take Chelsea in the semi's. However, it would be ever so sweet to do either one of em in the final, though I may need a few new pairs of trunks if such a final were to happen!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:59 pm

The prospect of facing the poxy scum in the final is frightening.

Their record of being battered by us, yet popping up with the winner in the dying minutes is beyond a joke.
Beating them in the CL final would give us phenominal bragging rights, but the chances are pretty slim as they are the darlings of the refs, and virtually go through an entire season with the officials up their a*se.

Obviously I want us in the final, and I want us to win it.

I just don't want to play those cheating, dirty, poxy b*stards in order to do it.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:59 pm

s@int wrote:(unless Valencia get banned)

This raises an interesting hypothetical question*: if Valencia were to be banned, would that mean that Chelsea get a bye (sp?) just because they were drawn against them prior to the ban being handed down?  It would hardly seem fair to the rest of the teams in the competition, who could have just as easily been handed the Valencia tie.  Would a fairer solution be to hand the bye to the top-seeded remaining team (based on whatever calculus they use over there at UEFA) or to promote the eliminated team who lost by the narrowest margin (Barca, isn't it?).  Or is the luck of the draw the fairer way to do it, meaning a Chelsea bye would be the fairest solution (much as it would gaul me to see it)?  ???

*I say this is a hypothetical situation because there's no way in hell, IMO, that UEFA will ban Valencia.  Heck, they didn't ban Inter from the competition after the flare incident against Milan in 2005 and, in that case, it would have been easy to do: they had been eliminated by Milan and could have been banned for the following season without disrupting the rest of the tournament.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby lio » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:05 pm

‘Chelsea is the only one of the eight survivors that has never reached the final of the 52-year competition, which used to be called the European Cup prior to 1992’.
My dear people, this has got to be continued … at all cost !
If Valencia cannot do the job than we got to do it at the semi ... no plan B !
Whoever on the other side of the hill meets us finally at Athens, I say to them, ‘you will know what hell is all about, be prepared’ … (better still if it’s manure) !

YNWA
lio

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:40 pm

A brilliant draw for us .  :buttrock

Man U may scrape past Roma but I honestly believe that AC Milan will get through to the semi's and put the Mancs out .

We're destined to meet AC MILAN in Athens after we've knocked out PSV and Valencia (who dumped Chelsea on their a'rses in the quarter finals) .

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion