Cisse - Is it still too early?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:22 pm

Sean wrote:Cisse is beginning to look more and more like Diouf

Sigh

More and more numpties by the day. Cisse's the latest one who's 'not cutting the mustard' after 13 games.

Good thing Arsenal stuck with Henry after he failed to score any goals for 8 games, then didnt score his 2nd till November of that season.

Fecking knee-jerk reactions everywhere you go, lately. After Saturday we were class, now we're pants again.

How predictable. :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Sean » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:33 pm

How can Cisse be compared to Henry ?  Cisse couldn't lace Henry's boots. 

Before Henry went to Arsenal his confidence was at a low ebb after his time at Juventus, so it was always going to take him time to regain it and deliver.  Also, he played more as a winger during the early days at Arsenal.  Prior to joining Arsenal Henry also proved himself at the highest level during France '98.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:37 pm

I wasn't comparing them. I just ask how long you give a player before you write him off? Cisse has already scored the same number of goals that diouf scored in 2 YEARS.

Cisse will never be a Henry. They are both different players. Cisse is a goal poacher and Henry is a striker whom love to do more on the pitch. He dribbles, pass and sometimes act as a winger. Cisse, if you watched him play at Auxerre is a player who love to blast the ball to the net, less dribble, got less skill and always be in the right position to recieve the final ball. He is more like Nistelrooy.

Here, with different style of play and with different players to get use to he has to adapt fast. Its completely different. Defenders love to man-marked him and he will get lots of nasty tackles and body-contacts compared to the French League. He will improve. That's what i see in his eyes..Rafael has trust in him. He has the attitude to improve and that is the most important thing.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 106-1093504160 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:43 pm

Sean wrote:How can Cisse be compared to Henry ?  Cisse couldn't lace Henry's boots. 

thats because henry has velcro on his boots, but cisse has laces. now whos lacing who  :D
106-1093504160

Postby antz » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:50 pm

Cisse looks like he might be okay but bottom line is he aint worth 14 million. Thats what the problem is with him
antz

Postby stmichael » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:59 pm

antz wrote:Cisse looks like he might be okay but bottom line is he aint worth 14 million. Thats what the problem is with him

i agree that the price was over the hill. however houllier negotiated the deal so what did you expect. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 106-1093504160 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:37 pm

antz wrote:Cisse looks like he might be okay but bottom line is he aint worth 14 million. Thats what the problem is with him

are you some kind of footy banking expert?  :D
106-1093504160

Postby mistyred » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:52 pm

look at this shi.te you lot are fooking nut's. why have you all got this fookin thing with players.
Ever since i can remeber evry black player always looks the same to you lot and some on here with brains that don't always compare.

cisse black blonde hair Oh must be diouf or able xavier smart bstards.
If a player is ****** he is ****** bottom line Heskey was ****** more like Eric Mjer remember him?.

Anyway time will tell the class Cisse has and if he proves you wrong i hope you admit it and not make up bull.****** excuses.

Henry is not the same player as Cisse different time periods of setteling in are needed as Cisse has left his family behind and has played in french football which is a Hell of a lot different from the English Prem....as for Emile he has been in English football from the day he started he is just plain old ******.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby antz » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:53 pm

There was a report if im correct stating that rafa was after cisse before he left valencia, if this being true then rafa must see something he can work with.

What bugs me most about cisse is the amount of time he gets caught offside surely at the level he is playing he should have the ability to read the line alot better. A number of times when he is flagged he looks amazed at the decsion when he is clearly off !! Is it the midfielders not releasing the balls quick enough or him just not up to speed when it comes to the off side rule
antz

Postby stmichael » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:55 pm

antz wrote:What bugs me most about cisse is the amount of time he gets caught offside surely at the level he is playing he should have the ability to read the line alot better.

half of the time he gets flagged offside when he isn't. last night was a prime example.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:56 pm

I hope he will come good.  Flashes of brilliance keeps me thinking he will get it together, I like that fact he always looks disappointed when he makes a fook up, as it shows he cares..  give him time
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Redrider » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:47 pm

Sean wrote:Cisse is beginning to look more and more like Diouf as time goes by.....another waste of money.

Bloody Yell, even I wouldn't go that far, he definitely isn't that bad.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:50 pm

stmichael wrote:He is more like Nistelrooy.

Wow, I couldn't go that far either.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:59 pm

judge wrote:

are you some kind of footy banking expert?  :D

Judge, you don't have to be a footie banking expert to see that the lad is over valued.
The problem here is that we have a management team at LFC who are not very savvy when it comes to negotiating the right price for players when it comes to buying and selling.
The Business Management team at LFC have wasted £100m of your money, my money, all the fan's money, Sky money, Carlsberg money, David Moores money, etc. etc. on inflated, poor purchases and not capitalised on sales at the same time.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:04 pm

stmichael wrote:
antz wrote:What bugs me most about cisse is the amount of time he gets caught offside surely at the level he is playing he should have the ability to read the line alot better.

half of the time he gets flagged offside when he isn't. last night was a prime example.

You are correct, he just needs to be more deliberate in his positioning inside the back line and the timing of his run's.
It's a bit like the Driving Test and the Instructors advice, to make it bloody obvious that you are looking in the rear view mirror.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion