Cisse - Is it still too early?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 106-1093504160 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:54 pm

agreed stmike
106-1093504160

Postby Redrider » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:46 pm

stmichael wrote:
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:all this main man business i dont understand.

agree to an extent. arsenal have already proved that you don't need one. they have four or 5 players who's movement means that they don't really have a position. henry doesn't play as a striker, neither does bergkamp or reyes.

however i do agree that it would be a massive bonus if we could get a stiker in who iss good in the air. there's no point having wingers unless you have a shearer type player who can finish off the crosses.

In using the words 'main man'. I have to say I meant the first name on the teamsheet, the striker who will always be the first thought to play.
Typically as Micheal Owen was last season (when fit).
I did not necessarily mean a big man like Tony Hateley or John Toshak.
Coming back to Cisse, I do not see the quality of performance or the skill set that makes him an essential member of your forward line for every game. What I see up to now, is a support player who might come on with a variation in play to outfox a dominant defence etc.
Why do I criticise Cisse for that ? I don't, but what I do criticise is the concept of paying £14m for a support player and the attitude that ''Give him time and he will grow into a 'must play' type of player''
My view is that I have seen enough to suggest that he is not that man.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:50 pm

I sincerely hope he scores a hat-trick tonight and proves me completely wrong. In which case as penance, I will post a topic in praise of Cisse before lunch tommorrow !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Macgregor » Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:05 pm

I am not impressed with Cisse, I live in Glasgow and Boumsong, who plays for Rangers has been heard to say that Cisse is overrated.
Celtic tried to sign Heskey, but were put off by his high wage demands, but O'Neill would still have him, thinks he is a super squad man, sticks to his instructions and his role, no complaints.
Red Macgregor

Postby kindaconfused » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:25 pm

Red Macgregor

I smell a rat are you Dom 1?
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:18 am

Well no penatent post required, Cisse lived up to my expectations last night.
He is not a £14m performer, never really looked like slotting anything and you will love me for this, but he really reminded me of Heskey at times.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Red_Si » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:17 am

I agree. He is very lightweight at times and falls over too easily. His powers are weak. :(
Red_Si

Postby Redtribe » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:24 am

Red_Si wrote:I agree. He is very lightweight at times and falls over too easily. His powers are weak. :(

When did he fall over last night!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Macgregor » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:50 am

He didn't look good, he was no threat to the defenders, they were pushing him ouy of the way at coners.
Red Macgregor

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:35 pm

Red Macgregor wrote:I am not impressed with Cisse, I live in Glasgow and Boumsong, who plays for Rangers has been heard to say that Cisse is overrated.
Celtic tried to sign Heskey, but were put off by his high wage demands, but O'Neill would still have him, thinks he is a super squad man, sticks to his instructions and his role, no complaints.

I think its a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black with this Boumsong lad. he is the most overated defender I have seen since Kvarme, and most of the over rating is being done by himself.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 106-1093504160 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:40 pm

Redrider wrote:Well no penatent post required, Cisse lived up to my expectations last night.
He is not a £14m performer, never really looked like slotting anything and you will love me for this, but he really reminded me of Heskey at times.

cisse is a proven goal scorer, heskey is not.

i was happy when they sold heskey, however, i do understand why they bought him. nonetheless, rafa asks for time, so give it to him. success dont happen overnight.
106-1093504160

Postby whylongball? » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:50 pm

Not a bad player but not worth 14m. Baros looked a lot better.
whylongball?

Postby LiverpoolFC_Kopite » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:20 pm

Cisse I thought was poor last night, he can't seem to bat players even with his pace, too much of a fanny like not jumping for the ball against people backing out of challenges and when he had that one on one, messed it up. I know he might be adjusting to life in the Premiership but he's played in Europe and just doesn't at the moment look like our answer for goals. Baros though worked very hard and was excellent last night, apart from the sitters he missed, I don't know what Rafa will play next match but Baros has to be in there.
LiverpoolFC_Kopite

Postby Redrider » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:19 pm

judge wrote:
Redrider wrote:Well no penatent post required, Cisse lived up to my expectations last night.

cisse is a proven goal scorer, heskey is not.

i was happy when they sold heskey, however, i do understand why they bought him. nonetheless, rafa asks for time, so give it to him. success dont happen overnight.

I knew that there would be people out there who would not like the comparison with Heskey. I am no Heskey fan, but at times last night Cisse was making very similar runs to Heskey and as for the drifting out to the wing, that was a Heskey trait, although I suspect he was under instuctions to do that.

I look forward to an end of season comparison of goal scoring records :
            Heskey at Liverpool
            Heskey at Birmingham
            Cisse at Liverpool
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Sean » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:18 pm

Cisse is beginning to look more and more like Diouf as time goes by.....another waste of money.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion