Cisse - Is it still too early?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:14 pm

well wahaaay what a turnout.

slightly confused as to why we didnt end up in a slanging match, quite sad aswell its not the same when it goes all nicey-nicey and people agree, and it actually turned into another topic aswell.

its not the same when you dont have a good bitch, so just for the record, to get it out of me system  "Redrider you fat slag."
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:47 pm

Cheers, Are Soul. :D  :D
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby kindaconfused » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:51 pm

I've heard some sh!t talked before but this stuff is sickening :D
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:52 pm

thats cleared that then.

well then, this partnership thing. i reckon given more time and a better disciplinarian, Fowler and Collymore would have been devastating.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
LFC Super Member

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:54 pm

kindaconfused wrote:I've heard some sh!t talked before but this stuff is sickening :D

i know i couldnt believe it. why do you fancy a fight?
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:55 pm

kindaconfused wrote:I've heard some sh!t talked before but this stuff is sickening :D

yeah, comin mostly from your posts, Numskull.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:58 pm

I thought Cisse was poor against Fulham.

Maybe we did pay a bit over the odd, by about 4 or 5MIL.

We need to see if he can develop his game, he seems to be too 1 track on the moment, he wants the ball played in front of him, so he can just run.He cant play with hi sback to goal.

We need to see how much he develops over the next year, the we can start to make a better judgement.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:02 pm

jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:thats cleared that then.

well then, this partnership thing. i reckon given more time and a better disciplinarian, Fowler and Collymore would have been devastating.

Two wayward lad's there. But incredible potential.
I viewed a video of LFC super goals and Collymore scored some real crackers, most notably against Newcastle.
Cisse, should watch some old videos of Collymore !!
They might give him a few hints !

And Kinda, before you say it not vid's of his current exploits.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:23 pm

Cisse needs to be given more time before he adapts to the Premiership. Going from La Championat a weak league at the moment to the Premiership is a big step. Before you write him off already, just wait to see how he will perform for the rest of the season.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Red Macgregor » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:47 pm

Might be too big a step. Celtic could be interested in him to replace Larrson, but £14m is out of their league. O'neil wanted Heskey, but his wage demands were too high.
Red Macgregor

Postby bigmick » Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:17 am

Lots of interesting points. A bit like last time, nobody is out and out sticking their neck out and calling him a good buy. Some of the points are a bit unfair to the lad I think. I mean, he is a better player than Heskey right now and clearly as he settles in you would expect improvement so I think the comparison is unjust. To answer AB, I'm certainly not writing him off. We can't afford to write off 14mill off no matter what type of player he is. We aren't Chelsea who will like as not just sack Mutu, we simply can't afford for Cisse to be rubbish. That's my point, he's not a bad player. He may even become a really good player. It's even possible he could become a great striker. But is he, in all honesty, worth 14 million pounds today? If we stuck him up for sale in the window would we get our money back?
We would for Alonso for sure. Almost certainly for Garcia, and definately the 2 million for Josemi but would someone stump up 14 million for Cisse? Would you? I know from what I've seen that I wouldn't. :(
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:06 am

bigmick wrote:Lots of interesting points. A bit like last time, nobody is out and out sticking their neck out and calling him a good buy. Some of the points are a bit unfair to the lad I think. I mean, he is a better player than Heskey right now and clearly as he settles in you would expect improvement so I think the comparison is unjust. To answer AB, I'm certainly not writing him off. We can't afford to write off 14mill off no matter what type of player he is. We aren't Chelsea who will like as not just sack Mutu, we simply can't afford for Cisse to be rubbish. That's my point, he's not a bad player. He may even become a really good player. It's even possible he could become a great striker. But is he, in all honesty, worth 14 million pounds today? If we stuck him up for sale in the window would we get our money back?
We would for Alonso for sure. Almost certainly for Garcia, and definately the 2 million for Josemi but would someone stump up 14 million for Cisse? Would you? I know from what I've seen that I wouldn't. :(

(I did not say that you wrote him off I was saying it in general)

Jose Antonio Reyes really struggled with Arsenal last year but this year he is a totaly different player. Just like Reyes, it will take Cisse a bit more time to settle in and show what he is capapable of.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Redrider » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:25 am

bigmick wrote:I mean, he is a better player than Heskey right now and clearly as he settles in you would expect improvement so I think the comparison is unjust. But is he, in all honesty, worth 14 million pounds today? If we stuck him up for sale in the window would we get our money back?

Is Cisse a better player than Heskey right now ?
Answer :   No, I am afraid not his contribution is less.
Would we get £6m for Cisse if we put him up for sale ?
Answer :   No, I doubt it !!

Sorry Bigmick, the cold light of day brings a hrash reality.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:01 am

Seems to me we agree on Cisse Red', but differ slightly on Heskey. I didn't think he was any good, you thought he was OK. On a comparison, I think Cisse because of his pace, provides more menace and goal threat. Undeniably Heskey gave more in terms of workrate, closing down, leading the line etc.
One sense in which they are very similar in my view is that they massively under achieve. I always thought that if Heskey could utilize his power and strength in a Joe Jordan/ Andy Gray/ Mark Hughes/ Alan Shearer sort of way he would have been a right handful. We know this to be the case 'cos once or twice a season he would play like a man posessed and be absolutely unstoppable. Unfortunately, the rest of the time his body language and demeanor exuded that sheep in wolves clothing stuff. 'Course then his performance depended more on technique and ability and then he was always going to be in trouble. Unfortunately, Emile falling on his a rse when faced with an open goal in the last minute against the Manx (score 2-1 at the time,) will remain forever etched in my memory. 
As for Cisse, now he's got himself fit he definately has pace to burn. I have to say that despite the hype, he probably isn't "quicker than Henri" but he is definately pacey. He seems to like a dribble which is OK, and also a long shot too which is also fine. Strikes me that he will score a few wonder goals giving everyone plenty of chance to pan me again. Simple fact is though that we all know at the mo' he aint worth 14 million of anyones cash.
On the question of Reyes, this is one that always comes up. If its not Reyes who took a year to settle in, its Pires or Henry. The two Frenchmen were established internationals when signed so proof of ability wasn't needed, merely them getting used to the Premiership. Reyes, I think showed ability from day one. Wenger gave him the kid glove treatment and introduced him gently as you can do with a good team but he showed plenty of talent all the same. To be fair to Cisse, if he was playing for the A rse he would probably look a much better player. Thing is though, he isn't is he?
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:04 am

Redrider wrote:
bigmick wrote:I mean, he is a better player than Heskey right now and clearly as he settles in you would expect improvement so I think the comparison is unjust. But is he, in all honesty, worth 14 million pounds today? If we stuck him up for sale in the window would we get our money back?

Is Cisse a better player than Heskey right now ?
Answer :   No, I am afraid not his contribution is less.
Would we get £6m for Cisse if we put him up for sale ?
Answer :   No, I doubt it !!

Sorry Bigmick, the cold light of day brings a hrash reality.

DO WE CARE WHAT YOU THINK? NO

GIVE THE LAD A CHANCE FOR ******SAKE
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion