CHRISTIAN POULSEN - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JamCar05 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:11 pm

Well - like it or not - it does look more and more likely to happen. Apparently Poulsen has been withdrawn from the danish national team (due to play Germany this wednesday) so he can concentrate on the negotiations with Liverpool. Might very well end up a red in the next couple of days then I would guess.
JamCar05

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:44 pm

would love to see him do what he did to Kaka against the Mancs :laugh:
anyway i found this video of Maldini's son. great prospect :D Seedorf tackled.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby tommycockles » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:40 am

Looks like he could be coming, nice rumour abotu Defour as well!

Christian Poulsen will fly into Liverpool today, to tie up a £6million reunion with his old boss Roy Hodgson.

The Reds manager gave Poulsen an introduction into professional football when he was manager of FC Copenhagen a decade ago, and together the pair won a title medal.

Now the midfielder will undergo a medical this afternoon and expects to complete negotiations with the English club on a three year contract after his club Juventus agreed a fee over the weekend.

Denmark coach Morten Olsen allowed the 30 year old to pull out of his country’s international game on Wednesday evening against Germany, to allow him to complete the switch to Anfield.

And the experienced campaigner could go straight into the Liverpool side for Sunday’s showdown with Arsenal, on the opening weekend of the season.

Brazilian Lucas will be away on international duty and won’t be back until Friday at the earliest, and Poulsen would be the obvious alternative.

Liverpool boss Hodgson wants a deal in place to allow him to sell unhappy midfielder Javier Mascherano, and despite suggestions from Inter Milan yesterday that they can’t afford the Argentine, that deal will still do through.

The Reds will hold out for around £26million, and are prepared to negotiate right down to the transfer deadline day wire at the end of August, and the Italian side have made it clear Mascherano is their man.

Hodgson also wants a striker, and has looked at Peter Crouch and Carlton Cole, a left back where he is still pursing his former charge at Fulham, Paul Konchesky.

The Liverpool manager hasn’t finished selling yet, either. He will listen to any serious offers for Italian midfielder Alberto Aquilani, and would use the proposed £10million fee to bring in a replacement, with Belgian international Steven Defour top of his list.

The Anfield club, meanwhile, yesterday set out a timetable for a proposed takeover, with chairman Martin Broughton and Barclays Capital - who are overseeing the sale - suggesting they would like potential bidders to show their proposals within the next week.

Broughton wants comprehensive proof of the funding behind all offers, and will also require detailed plans before he is willing to even sit down and talks figures with potential buyers.

So far, there have been no offers, and yesterday, one interested party, India’s Sahara Group, suggested it is not ready to make a formal bid at this stage in the process, while another, Kuwait’s Al Kharafi family, haven’t put together a realistic funding plan.

But Kenny Huang, the man who is fronting a joint Chinese-American offer to take control at Anfield, is expected to arrive in England within the next few days to make his formal proposal to Broughton.

The Rhone Group, an American investment firm, are also interested in making an offer for a part stake in the club, but have so far failed to find potential partners, while a Syrian businessman Yahya Kirdi seems to have been discredited by revelations at the weekend about some of his potential partners in the venture.

[url=http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Christian-Poulsen-will-sign-for-Liverpool-for-6m-but-Reds-are-still-after-Paul-Konchesky-a
nd-another-striker-article548715.html]http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news....15.html[/url]
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:38 pm

Tonight's Liverpool Echo
DANIEL AGGER today predicted Christian Poulsen’s rich footballing pedigree will ensure he becomes an instant Anfield hit.

Talks are at an advanced stage to wrap up a deal for Poulsen and Agger has made no secret of the fact he will be delighted when his compatriot finally puts pen-to-paper.

It is understood Liverpool have offered Poulsen – who has been given permission to withdraw from Denmark’s squad for the game against Germany – a three-year contract and Agger is in no doubt he will be a top addition to the squad.

Aside from being capped 77 times by his country, Poulsen has won league championships in Denmark and Italy, the UEFA Cup and European Cup with Sevilla and the German Cup with Schalke 04.

“Christian is more than welcome in our club,” said Agger. “Christian would be a perfect addition to most of the big clubs in Europe, so he will certainly fit in here.

“He is a top player and will make us stronger. We need to have big signings so we can compete and he is one of those players.

“Christian will improve the team. But we need more improvements if we want to be at the top of the league this season.
“Maybe he will find the pace of here a bit of a culture shock; he will have to get used to the extra high tempo and he won’t be able to drink café lattes like he does in Italy!

“He has played in Italy, Spain and Germany and done very well, so I don’t see any reason why he shouldn’t be a success with Liverpool.”

Reds boss Roy Hodgson launched Poulsen’s career at FC Copenhagen and the manager immediately identified him as being a top target, when doubts emerged over Javier Mascherano’s long-term future.

“Of course it will be nice to speak some Danish in the dressing room but that is not what counts,” said Agger. “The most important thing is that we add to the quality at the club. We have Mascherano but it looks like he is leaving so there is a gap there.

“I have spoken to Roy but Roy knows him so well that I couldn’t tell him anything that he did not know. Christian is a very good football player.”

Agger has given Hodgson a boost by reporting that he will be ready to face Arsenal in the Premier League opener.

The defender missed the 2-0 win over FC Rabotnicki with a slight back problem but has joined up with Denmark for their friendly in Copenhagen tomorrow.

Meanwhile, Hodgson has made his first appointment to his backroom staff; he has brought Mike Kelly, his number two at Fulham to assist him at Anfield.

Delighted Agger will be back for the big game against Arsenal ,also starting to warm to the idea of Poulson's  inclusion in  our midfield ....if he can replicate  his early performances for Seville then we will have someone finally  capable of playing the Hamann role ....
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:52 pm

If masher doesn't go what is the point of getting this guy ?? As with the buying of a striker I think it all hinges on the sale of masher- if masher goes we buy two player if he doesn't we buy no one
Benny The Noon

Postby Johnny Boy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:35 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:If masher doesn't go what is the point of getting this guy ?? As with the buying of a striker I think it all hinges on the sale of masher- if masher goes we buy two player if he doesn't we buy no one

I think we have to assume Masch is going, I reckon a deal is in place already and once Inter sell that striker to City it will go through.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:01 pm

How silly does he make Gattuso look :D
Gattuso riled
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:10 pm

Not the first time Kaka has been thwarted by poulson
Poulson for Seville

I'm starting to see the role the manager envisages him holding ..  even as a defender he looks accomplished     
Roy knows his apples  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:16 pm

im certain he's gonna be a good signing. he will add a much need tenacity to our midfield.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:20 pm

Would rather keep masher every single day than bring in poulsen - in fact would rather let lucas develop more . IMO we have no need for him and hope we dont waste too much valuable money on him - money better spent elsewhere on a striker . The fact he cant play due to momo speaks volumes for me - i want signings to take us forward , players like Poulsen arent those players .
Benny The Noon

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:31 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Would rather keep masher every single day than bring in poulsen - in fact would rather let lucas develop more . IMO we have no need for him and hope we dont waste too much valuable money on him - money better spent elsewhere on a striker . The fact he cant play due to momo speaks volumes for me - i want signings to take us forward , players like Poulsen arent those players .

Lucas will develop mate ,but for the time being who more better equipped in Mascherano's absence than Poulson to deal with the ugly side of the game.... while the others are given license to roam Over the years  players like Poulson have become an integral part of the game and I think he will perform a similar role as Didi used to play for us
Honestly Benny I can see this working ...
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:35 pm

Well i can only hope so - reading up on him he seems to have a very ugly side to his game - punching a swedish player which resulted in the game being called off - he will get murdered by the refs in the prem if he acts like that in the prem . Im just worried it only seems to be the cheap 30 year old players we are looking at .
Benny The Noon

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:43 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Im just worried it only seems to be the cheap 30 year old players we are looking at .

We have little or no money ... but what meagre  amount we do have Roy is spending frugally and with no doubt great consideration
Everyone knew we would have less money than most clubs this season ,its a virtual miracle we have managed to procure the players we have so far ... give the manager some credit mate ,he has his own plans for this club and the personnel he wants playing for it
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Oh it wasnt a slur against the manager mate - it more in despair at the situation we find ourself at the  moment - we really need some quality to move us forward but its hard knowing we dont have the funds to get that quality and at this moment in time i see us standing still until something in the ownership is sorted - until then we will have to scrap and save and try and find bargains .
Benny The Noon

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:58 pm

All I can say mate is I have a real good feeling about this season ...and that when matched up against how I thought I would feel as the new season approached the latter is in  stark contrast ... I'm actually looking forward to the forthcoming season with renewed vigour and optimism
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion