CHRISTIAN BENTEKE - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:13 pm

devaney » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:33 pm wrote:Probably help big Ben if we could cross the fkg ball into a target man  :(

Shame he's about as useful in the air as sea legs  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:32 pm

Dont think he was ever that good and his goal streaks at Villa gave him a false reading for clubs buying from data.

How much money has to be wasted until clubs start really looking at players on the park again and ditching statistical analysis.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:48 pm

Another high-profile player of ours that needs to leave (along with Henderson). I've always liked Benteke, at Villa I mean, but even I thought he'd be a bad signing. I said it from day one, Ben is a good player, just not for us. He just doesn't fit our style, my 3 year old niece could tell you that. He's been a flop with us and he needs to leave.

I do think that he still has a high price though. Not as high as those 30+ million pounds we payed, but he's worth at least 20 million, probably more. Benteke is a good player and I think he could be a powerful weapon for clubs that fit his style, and I'm not talking about the West-Hams and the Stokes, I'm talking about clubs like Chelsea and Juventus who I expect to be after our big man in the summer.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:10 pm

Once Klopp sees the quotes from Benteke in today's press it will cement his opinion that Benteke should be sold in the summer.

But not to West Ham. They are already moaning that no club can match Benteke's wages. Trying to low ball us so we have to keep paying a large chunk of wages if he goes there. Wouldn't be surprised if they'd tapped him up already and today's comments are to try and reduce his own market value to us.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:13 pm

The media insist he's shot himself in the foot with those comments ,but maybe he will play better with a bullet wound  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:05 pm

He's come out fighting due to the public telling off he got against southampton. Pity he cant fight on the pitch
Daft tw@t
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:35 pm

He's gone and he knows it.

Klopp gave him a  chance and he didn't take it. I'm pretty sure Klopp has tried to help, but from the looks of it he hasn't taken on board anything he has told him.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:45 pm

yep, his position looked shaky anyway but surely there's no way back for him now, he must have crossed the Rubicon with those remarks in the press.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:44 pm

Benteke is our own fault and no use bleeting now when conservitavely 75% of fans would have rejected the deal in a poll.

I can see his side of the story and his gripe is same as Collymores under Evans, why buy at that price if you wont play to his strength, thats 21 years ago and we still make the same mistake.

We have a trophy room tour to remind of triumph but we must also learn from error, flag that up and think twice before diving in.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:25 pm

parchpea » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:44 pm wrote:Benteke is our own fault and no use bleeting now when conservitavely 75% of fans would have rejected the deal in a poll.

I can see his side of the story and his gripe is same as Collymores under Evans, why buy at that price if you wont play to his strength, thats 21 years ago and we still make the same mistake.

We have a trophy room tour to remind of triumph but we must also learn from error, flag that up and think twice before diving in.

I have a bit of sympathy for Christian and the situation he finds himself in as well mate but what the big fella has to realise is that the manager who brought him here has now gone, there's a new man in charge now and he has his own philosophy/idea's.
The same thing happened to Andy Carroll when Brendan came in.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:35 pm

His comments this week probably loaded with motive to get the fee down and give him more options.

These lads are media trained and coached by agents how to manipulate situations for their own ends.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:48 pm

Benteke has my sympathy. I feel sorry for him and wish things had gone well for him here as he seems like a nice, sensitive, well mannered person.
BUT, he has had more than enough time to sort himself out, no matter what bullsh'it he is being fed by his agent. He is a seasoned premier league player with vast experience of playing in this league and scoring many times (some against us) so there is no excuse for his lack of confidence in front of goal. Is it because he is at a big club with high expectations? Probably, but when you get that opportunity, you must grab it with both hands. Benteke has failed on many occasions to do this and has ended up a shell of the player he was two years ago. There is no way back now and he will never improve with the attitude he has. Best he leaves and finds his testicles with another club and allows us to get a striker who doesnt keep throwing his hands up every time he fails in a one on one situation with the goalie.
Good luck Christian and bon voyage
Thommo's perm

Postby C-R » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:38 pm

According to the Daily Mail, Benteke has now "agreed personal terms" with Crystal Palace

Sportsmail understands the 25-year-old’s representatives have verbally agreed to personal terms in principle after discussions with Palace officials this week.
Palace are extremely keen to land Benteke, who was chased by several Premier League sides this time last year.
Liverpool want to recoup the majority of the fee they paid Villa and feel £30m is a fair price. Whether Palace are willing to go as high as that remains to be seen.
Benteke has four seasons remaining on his five-year contract at Merseyside but opportunities would be limited under Klopp, even more so after the £30m signing of Sadio Mane from Southampton.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:34 pm

Liverpool have received a £25m bid from Crystal Palace for Christian Benteke.  (Chris Bascombe)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... heads-for/
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:55 pm

Be surprised if he doesnt go to Palace now with terms reportedly agreed, likely we will split the difference, short of a last minute second bidder ofcourse.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion