CHRISTIAN POULSEN - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Scottbot » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:41 am

Only clips of the player I could find is this one of Poulsen kicking the sh!t out of Kaka (and anybody else who gets in his way!) for 90 minutes. On this evidence the lad is going to enjoy English football very much and we are also going to be defending a lot of free-kicks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU4pLJ80oVU&feature=related
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:57 pm

Scottbot wrote:Only clips of the player I could find is this one of Poulsen kicking the sh!t out of Kaka (and anybody else who gets in his way!) for 90 minutes. On this evidence the lad is going to enjoy English football very much and we are also going to be defending a lot of free-kicks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU4pLJ80oVU&feature=related

:D  true. im looking forward to this signing. and hopefully reports of Flamini are true too. 2 experienced campaigners surely would add some steel to the midfield.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby only me » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:00 pm

Poulson will be a disappointing signing ,really a predictable mediocre player which the top of his career is behind him...Roy should not Forget he is buying players for Liverpool not Fulham ,Aim higher take risks not those fatigue boring players.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:02 pm

Poulsen is a danish Micheal Brown or Robbie Savage - certainly not the standard of player we should be looking at

File him under the Luke Young drawer of no thanks .
Benny The Noon

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:14 pm

only me wrote:Roy should not Forget he is buying players for Liverpool not Fulham ,Aim higher take risks not those fatigue boring players.

whats your point?

he knows he's buying players for liverpool.

Rafa very nearly bought Poulson last summer, but it didn't go through.

In my opinion, Poulson isn't good enough for us and I would rather see someone else coming and similar to what I said about luke young, it could be a mistake by Roy if we sign him

- however can we please stop with the "Roy should not Forget he is buying players for Liverpool not Fulham" lines - Rafa wanted him at Liverpool as well!
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:23 pm

Redman in wales wrote:
only me wrote:Roy should not Forget he is buying players for Liverpool not Fulham ,Aim higher take risks not those fatigue boring players.

whats your point?

he knows he's buying players for liverpool.

Rafa very nearly bought Poulson last summer, but it didn't go through.

In my opinion, Poulson isn't good enough for us and I would rather see someone else coming and similar to what I said about luke young, it could be a mistake by Roy if we sign him

- however can we please stop with the "Roy should not Forget he is buying players for Liverpool not Fulham" lines - Rafa wanted him at Liverpool as well!

Rafa was terrible in signing quality players what's your point?? I really hope Roy doesn't follow Rafa scouting skills..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:30 pm

only me wrote:Rafa was terrible in signing quality players what's your point?? I really hope Roy doesn't follow Rafa scouting skills..

Rafa wasn't terrible - he wasn't the best, but he wasn't terrible.  My point is in my post if you read it properly - Roy does know he is scouting and buying players for liverpool and not fulham. Rafa also knew he was buying players for liverpool and not any other former club. Our scouts and both managers think that Poulson could do a job at Liverpool.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:32 pm

Rafa terrible at scouting players ?! Well that's a very big statement to back up .
Benny The Noon

Postby only me » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:36 pm

Redman in wales wrote:
only me wrote:Rafa was terrible in signing quality players what's your point?? I really hope Roy doesn't follow Rafa scouting skills..

Rafa wasn't terrible - he wasn't the best, but he wasn't terrible.  My point is in my post if you read it properly - Roy does know he is scouting and buying players for liverpool and not fulham. Rafa also knew he was buying players for liverpool and not any other former club. Our scouts and both managers think that Poulson could do a job at Liverpool.

Not sure what's your point here, we both agree Poulson ain't the right signing for Liverpool ,in OUR opinion ..Judging from past performance by our scouts and Managers i really hope that yes Roy will be different and names like Poulson leave me uneasy at my comfy chair.

Also seeing Aurellio and Insua back doesn't highten me confidence in Roy's abilties in the talents devision.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:41 pm

Maybe just maybe these players are actually decent players - surely all these manager can't be right and mere supporters can't be wrong about certain players - heavens above .
Benny The Noon

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:43 pm

ah... ok you're one of them. that explains it. You think that Rafa was terrible at signing players, you think aurelio is not a good signing on a free transfer for us and you think that becasue Roy tried to sell insua, agreed a fee, but insua's wage demands were too high so the deal fell through and that roy is to blame for that.  yeah. good one.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:56 pm

Redman in wales wrote:ah... ok you're one of them. that explains it. You think that Rafa was terrible at signing players, you think aurelio is not a good signing on a free transfer for us and you think that becasue Roy tried to sell insua, agreed a fee, but insua's wage demands were too high so the deal fell through and that roy is to blame for that.  yeah. good one.

Not sure what you mean "one of them" ,i'm marely stating what I think are decent signing for our club and which aren't . I Totaly support Roy i think he is an excellent manager and Yes After Rafa's Era i would like to see real change in concept...Aurellio/Insua/Lucas/Babel/Poulsen? aren't that change in MY opinion.

I think Cole and Yovanovich (although signed by Rafa) are great prospects i would like to see more of that.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:05 pm

That's amusing - slating rafa for signings then praising he signing of Jovanovic :laugh:
Benny The Noon

Postby only me » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:11 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:That's amusing - slating rafa for signings then praising he signing of Jovanovic :laugh:

Are you serious? Yes even Rafa having signned dozens of players might got one or two right...Check the overall picture don't pin pick.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:12 pm

only me wrote:Also seeing Aurellio and Insua back doesn't highten me confidence in Roy's abilties in the talents devision.

so why seeing insua back doesn't highten your confidence in Roy's abilties in the talents division ??

Roy tried to sell him. Insua's wage demands were too high so the deal fell through.  Roy wanted to sell insua. so your statement's a big contradiciton
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion