CHARLTON VS LIVERPOOL - ALL DISCUSSION HERE

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:38 am

2 -0 to liverpool will make me happy. I just hope Rafa doesn't rest too many players before Tuesdays match against Arsenal. We need to keep this little run going and dropping points against Charlton is not an option I want to contemplate.

Reina

Finnan       Hyypia        Agger         Riise

Pennant       Gerrard   Alonso      Gonzales

Crouch    Bellamy/Fowler     

I think Rafa will give Kuyt a rest and maybe save Carra and Bellamy for Arsenal.
account deleted by request

Postby RedBlood » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:48 am

i dont feel rafa needs to rest anybody as it is an early kick off and we dont play arsenal till tuesday night. i would play our best team from what is available and rest players for the arsenal game if need be.
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby mattylfc » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:29 am

Great time to play Charlton, especially with our record at the valley. 

Would personally give kuyt a rest, played a lot of games lately and Crouch must be itching to play.

Think Rafa may line up with something similar to Wigan away:

Reina

JC     Hyppia     Agger     

Finnan                                   Riise

Gerrard     Alonso     Garcia

Crouch     Bellamy
mattylfc

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:06 am

RedBlood wrote:IF YOU WERE AS CLEVER AS YOU THINK YOU ARE YOU WOULD REALISE PLAYERS AND FANS DONT HAVE TO TAKE THE SAME MENTALITY INTO A GAME
SUPPORTERS CAN NEVER BE TO CONFIDENT IF SPREADS GOOD VIPES ONTO THE PITCH

What are vipes?

:Oo:
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:11 am

mattylfc wrote:Great time to play Charlton, especially with our record at the valley. 

Would personally give kuyt a rest, played a lot of games lately and Crouch must be itching to play.

Think Rafa may line up with something similar to Wigan away:

Reina

JC     Hyppia     Agger     

Finnan                                   Riise

Gerrard     Alonso     Garcia

Crouch     Bellamy

Looks good, I think Garcia has to be played. Although I think the same can be achieved by playing him on the left instead of Gonzales.

Reina

Finnan     Hyypia     Agger     Riise

Pennant     Gerrard     Alonso     Garcia

Crouch     Bellamy
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:13 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
RedBlood wrote:IF YOU WERE AS CLEVER AS YOU THINK YOU ARE YOU WOULD REALISE PLAYERS AND FANS DONT HAVE TO TAKE THE SAME MENTALITY INTO A GAME

What are vipes?

i think they are german wipes

:D
112-1077774096

Postby EddieC » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:51 am

s@int wrote:2 -0 to liverpool will make me happy. I just hope Rafa doesn't rest too many players before Tuesdays match against Arsenal. We need to keep this little run going and dropping points against Charlton is not an option I want to contemplate.

Reina

Finnan       Hyypia        Agger         Riise

Pennant       Gerrard   Alonso      Gonzales

Crouch    Bellamy/Fowler     

I think Rafa will give Kuyt a rest and maybe save Carra and Bellamy for Arsenal.

I agree we shouldn't rest many, but I would give Finnan a break for this one. He's the only player we don't have good backup for, and we need to use easier matches like this to give him a break. Having said that though, January's only just round the corner, and I'm sure he can play through a few more games if a new RB will be coming.

Definately agree Kuyt needs a rest though, he didn't look the same last time out.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jkop » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:12 pm

peewee wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:

What are vipes?

i think they are german wipes

:laugh:
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jkop » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:16 pm

Even though we are away from home and a poor away record this season, Charlton as every one knows are struggling big time, so a 3-0 win. Alonso,Kuyt and Bellamy to score. :buttrock
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Crouch888 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:43 pm

If Liverpool fails to win this game, I am going to use the gun on myself (and I am not joking)

3-0 Liverpool
Crouch888

Postby Rafa D » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:44 pm

Charlton are still a Premiership team, and our record at the Valley is not the best so the players will have to be on there game for this one. Darren Bent, Jimmy Floyd and even that Dennis Rommedahl have caused us numerous problems in the past and they have the ability to score goals. Jimmy Floyd and Bent especially seem to have a knack of scoring against us so Carra and co will have to keep guard of them.

I expect Rafa to start with the 3 CB's again in Carra , Hypia and Agger. The CB's are picking themselves at the moment and are forcing Rafa to play all three due to their inability to put a foot wrong. Agger offers us a lot going forward and when he brings in out of the defence Sami and JC are always there for cover. I expect Finnan and Riise to retain there places due to the lack of competition at the moment in there respective positions.

Gerrard and Xabi will occupy the middle due to injuries and I expect Pennant and Luis to start on the wings , with Luis sometimes moving up to make a attacking 3. He is very effective in this role and I hope the good Luis turns up on Saturday and not his half-arsed twin. He has a good record against Charlton though and I don't think he will have too much trouble opening up, the patched up, makeshift excuse of a defence that Charlton have at the moment.

Upfront I would go with Bellamy and Kuyt again. I know some people are saying to rest Kuyt, and I am a very very big Crouch fan, but I feel, Bellamy and Kuyt will learn more and more with each game how the team plays and this is a game they need to play in. Kuyt will not need a rest, he is a big strong lad and played nearly every game for Feyenood last year. He is good but he will get a hell of a lot better with more playing time with the lads.

Thats my view anyways,

-                                Reina

-               Carra           Hypia           Agger

Finnan                                                      Riise

Xabi Alonso       Gerrard

Garcia

Kuyt                 Crouch

------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Rafa D on Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kidder » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:44 pm

I HOPE WE GIVE CHARLTON A RITE THUMPING
BUT I THINK IT WILL FINISH 3 A PIECE.....

3 FOR KUYT AND 3 FOR GERRARD  :wwww  :wwww

Y.N.W.A. DAD
kidder

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:48 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Charlton are still a Premiership team, and our record at the Valley is not the best so the players will have to be on there game for this one. Darren Bent, Jimmy Floyd and even that Dennis Rommedahl have caused us numerous problems in the past and they have the ability to score goals. Jimmy Floyd and Bent especially seem to have a knack of scoring against us so Carra and co will have to keep guard of them.

I expect Rafa to start with the 3 CB's again in Carra , Hypia and Agger. The CB's are picking themselves at the moment and are forcing Rafa to play all three due to their inability to put a foot wrong. Agger offers us a lot going forward and when he brings in out of the defence Sami and JC are always there for cover. I expect Finnan and Riise to retain there places due to the lack of competition at the moment in there respective positions.

Gerrard and Xabi will occupy the middle due to injuries and I expect Pennant and Luis to start on the wings , with Luis sometimes moving up to make a attacking 3. He is very effective in this role and I hope the good Luis turns up on Saturday and not his half-arsed twin. He has a good record against Charlton though and I don't think he will have too much trouble opening up, the patched up, makeshift excuse of a defence that Charlton have at the moment.

Pennant seems to have listened to my message I sent to him on myspace.com the other week ( I included a link to the Pennant improving thread) and he seems to be trying harder. Lets hope he can get better and keep it up.

Upfront I would go with Bellamy and Kuyt again. I know some people are saying to rest Kuyt, and I am a very very big Crouch fan, but I feel, Bellamy and Kuyt will learn more and more with each game how the team plays and this is a game they need to play in. Kuyt will not need a rest, he is a big strong lad and played nearly every game for Feyenood last year. He is good but he will get a hell of a lot better with more playing time with the lads.

Thats my view anyways,

-                                Reina

-               Carra           Hypia           Agger

Finnan                                                       Riise

Xabi Alonso       Gerrard
Pennant

Garcia

Kuyt             Crouch

------------------------------------------------------------

that a new formation that raffa-dodd...

5-4-2

i predict with 12 men we will beat charlton!

Last edited by Redman in wales on Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:53 pm

Oops edited!! :D
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:56 pm

Be well made up if we win in the smoke for the first time this season, we have to keep the winning streak running.
Charlton are dire and in dire straights so its not going to be easy.
I know others have thumped them and I hope we follow what others have done, but you never know what to expect from us.
Early goal for us and we will win quite comfortably I hope.
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion