CHARLTON VS LIVERPOOL - ALL DISCUSSION HERE

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby CardinalRed » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:55 pm

RichardLFC1 wrote:
Redsfan5 wrote:charlton played good last season but they've lost their confidence and form..... i bet we absolutley kill em... just hope we dont run up the score just to do it.... although i love liverpool and hate everyone else.. the right thing to do is show some respect..

Show some respect? what you on about mate. im sure chelsea man u or any other team would like to score as many as they could

B*gger respect, once you're on the pitch the gloves are off.... We won't do a Maureen and lord it over them before the match but come kick off..... It's no holds barred!!!
C'MON THE REDS!!!

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mattylfc » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:32 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Charlton are still a Premiership team, and our record at the Valley is not the best so the players will have to be on there game for this one. Darren Bent, Jimmy Floyd and even that Dennis Rommedahl have caused us numerous problems in the past and they have the ability to score goals. Jimmy Floyd and Bent especially seem to have a knack of scoring against us so Carra and co will have to keep guard of them.

I expect Rafa to start with the 3 CB's again in Carra , Hypia and Agger. The CB's are picking themselves at the moment and are forcing Rafa to play all three due to their inability to put a foot wrong. Agger offers us a lot going forward and when he brings in out of the defence Sami and JC are always there for cover. I expect Finnan and Riise to retain there places due to the lack of competition at the moment in there respective positions.

Gerrard and Xabi will occupy the middle due to injuries and I expect Pennant and Luis to start on the wings , with Luis sometimes moving up to make a attacking 3. He is very effective in this role and I hope the good Luis turns up on Saturday and not his half-arsed twin. He has a good record against Charlton though and I don't think he will have too much trouble opening up, the patched up, makeshift excuse of a defence that Charlton have at the moment.

Upfront I would go with Bellamy and Kuyt again. I know some people are saying to rest Kuyt, and I am a very very big Crouch fan, but I feel, Bellamy and Kuyt will learn more and more with each game how the team plays and this is a game they need to play in. Kuyt will not need a rest, he is a big strong lad and played nearly every game for Feyenood last year. He is good but he will get a hell of a lot better with more playing time with the lads.

Thats my view anyways,

-                                Reina

-               Carra           Hypia           Agger

Finnan                                                      Riise

Xabi Alonso       Gerrard

Garcia

Kuyt                 Crouch

------------------------------------------------------------

you have wrote a paragraph saying why Bellamy and Kuyt should start up front and then you have named Kuyt and Crouch in your line up!  :Oo:

You've had a mare mate!  :D
mattylfc

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:51 pm

Carson is ineligible aswell, so we really have no excuse for nt pummelling them.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:52 pm

with the run they've been on i can see them trying to 'park the bus' infront of their goal like other teams have attempted. If we break 'em and score in the first half, I can see 3 or 4 goals, otherwise.... 0-0, 1-0.

West ham on their current form beat arsenal, boro beat utd... sometimes the minnows win against the big teams, so we still have to be carefully. There aren't any easy games and we will have to work hard for the first goal
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:18 pm

Working twelve hours shift mate, its getting to me lol
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Crouchamania » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:53 am

So we have scored 4 in our last 2 league games and conceded none and Charlton are bottom of the league and got thumped 5-1 last week....

Right get your bets on a 1 all draw.

I'm joking obviously but remember Birmingham last season? (not the cup game obviously the league game). We should win but maybe not as much as some people hope.

I'll go 4 2-0 or 3-1.
RIP Drummerphil YNWA

JFT96 Don't buy The S*n

Crouchamania

Postby red37 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:43 am

seen this on ITVsport.. nothing major, but it'll add a touch of spice to a far from 'mouthwatering' encounter i suppose...love stevie to ram one home from 30 yards  :buttrock

Gerrard reveals Reed feud

Steven Gerrard has revealed his hard feelings towards Charlton manager Les Reed ahead of their Premiership match.

The Addicks boss was part of Kevin Keegan's England coaching team during Euro 2000, and Gerrard says he still harbours a dislike of the man.

At the age of just 20, Gerrard was a newcomer to the England squad and felt he was not handled in the correct manner by Reed and other coaches.

"To this day I have no respect for Reed or (England coach) Derek Fazackerley," Gerrard said in his autobiography.

"I felt they could have shown me more sympathy. They were always pushing me, telling me to buck up my ideas.

"They didn't seem to understand that not everyone can board a plane, settle in a strange hotel far from the family they love and find it easy.

"My homesickness worsened whenever I was forced to be in their company."

The Liverpool skipper now has a chance to prove a point to his old tormentor on Saturday when they travel to The Valley on Saturday.

The Reds can compound Charlton's woes further if they can find their second away win of the Premiership campaign, as the London club escape the foot of the table by just one point over Watford.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby peterc1992 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:28 pm

5!-0!
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:51 am

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!  im off for my M.R.I now...when i get back i expect 3 points      :buttrock      :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:04 am

stream  http://live-footy.org/  For those who dont like using streams cos of the cr@p just create a restore point, install, watch game then use system restore to revert back to before you installed. (Works for me)
account deleted by request

Postby Effes » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:04 am

red37 wrote:"I felt they could have shown me more sympathy. They were always pushing me, telling me to buck up my ideas.

"They didn't seem to understand that not everyone can board a plane, settle in a strange hotel far from the family they love and find it easy.

"My homesickness worsened whenever I was forced to be in their company."

I think the lad is a brilliant player, but what a tart..

"settle in a strange hotel"? - what's that about?
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:10 am

In his book he comes across as a "bit precious" ,best to just concentrate on Steve Gerrard the wonderful footballer and ignore Gerrard the "personality".

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:51 pm

todays team

Reina
Finnan
Hyypia
Carragher
Riise
Pennant
Gerrard
Alonso
Gonzalez
Kuyt
Bellamy

Subs:

Dudek
Agger
Aurelio
Crouch
Garcia
112-1077774096

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:15 pm

Pretty much our strongest available team (Agger and Garcia arguably). I hope we go at them from the start and dont let them gain any confidence. I hope we arn't overconfident in playing 2 wingers away from home, but on current form we shouldn't have too many problems.

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:26 pm

3 points ! :nod  :buttrock

Walk on!
66-1120597113

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion