Can a player throw games - Am i going mad

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby big al » Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:10 pm

A friend (p) and I were discussing Liverpool's team some weeks back when we came to a certain player.  He said to me now don't laugh but I think this guy is throwing games.  I could'nt stop myself p#ssing myself. 

Anyway when I got up of the floor he told me of a match he had taped from last season and he swore that he saw the player throw a game.  Show me the tape sid I which he duly did.  I have to admit his claim had some merit. I passed it off as paranoid.  We're just depressed liverpool fans.  On Friday however my mate (p) came back to me saying he had just watched LFC v ManU last year and he claimed the player was at it again there.  Again I laughed

Sunday night I get a phone call (p), "What do you think now Al" he says.  Well guys I was starting to question my sanity.  I got out the video tapes of this player since he came into the team and to my astonishment this guy is either World class one week and rubbish the next.  Things don't seem right in the state of Denmark. 

Monday, I called another friend (J)inside football and dropped the subject in, he laughed said I was mad and should grow up and face it Liverpool are just not what they once were.  We have had our day. 

Last night J phoned me back, F**K you he says, I ve been thinking about what you told me all night.  I watched the game and now think I'M going mad too.

My question is guys is my friend p mad, Am I mad and will this post make other people out there mad?  (moo)

This is all a bit like that comedy programme soap.

Please leave Mr Houlier and take ***** with you
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby greenred » Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:25 pm

are you talking about the obvious player big al,or someone else?
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:31 pm

The obvious one greenred but don't mention names.  I don't want to get the site in trouble, just find out if others are thinking the same. or am I Potty.

please leave Mr Houlier
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby greenred » Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:41 pm

Well I hadnt thought about it before but after your post........
It wouldnt be the first time would it!
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby THEBARON » Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:53 pm

Prior to you suggesting it I would never have even thought about it. But come to think about it  there is some strong evidence. Plus there ia an "alleged" historical precedent.
If you look at certain away games in far away lands then the case is very compelling.
If it is true then he should f##k off and take his boss with him.
THEBARON

Postby supersub » Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:18 pm

Why,big al,have all your friends got short names.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby cheesecakery » Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:58 pm

greenred wrote:are you talking about the obvious player big al,or someone else?

Who Heskey?
Never would he throw a game!
Did you see him sunday giving 110 per cent from start to finish? leading by example , urging the lads on , screaming and shouting at them , sweating blood for his club .......

no ,nor did i really , missed a sitter tho , oh well perhaps him and sven went halves on a tenner on 2-1 !
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby supersub » Tue Nov 11, 2003 7:28 pm

There is nothing dodgy about ***** in the way of throwing games,but I certainly wouldn't have him in my first 11.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby greenred » Tue Nov 11, 2003 7:34 pm

trouble with heskey is I dont think anyone could tell the difference between him throwing a game and trying to win a game.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:56 pm

got it made then hasnt he?
hey grob (jungle man) have you still got that brown envalope?
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby big al » Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:37 am

Supersub my mates have short names so that no one knows who they are.  Anyway I 've had a few emails on the subject. So let me get back to you later.  However supersub I don't think you'd notice it as much if you were watching games at anfield.  you need to be looking at replays.  Something us armchair fans get a lot of.
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:41 pm

Remember Bruce Grobbellaar?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby big al » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:06 pm

Ok Guys heres the gen.  Our brucie was accused of throwing games.  It turned out that Liverpool are massive in the far east.  The money that gets bet on them is astounding.  Anyway look at the games against the big three we can also include chealsea.  All televised to world wide audiences, all veiwed in the middle east.  Question, Did anyone make any mistakes of a very basic and fundemental nature.  Think about it, go and review the evidence videos etc and then give me an honest answer.Because Im not sure.  I can't honestly put my hand on my heart and tell my mate, Phil ( supersub he said I can mention his name) he's wrong.  So you tell me.  Is someone throwing games?

please leave Mr Houlier
big al
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion