Did Chelea "throw" the Monaco game? - Sensational accusations

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:33 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Carragher has been terrific this season and I think he is well on his way to becoming one of those hugely under rated yet fantastic "quiet" (in that he's never going to score last minute winning goals like Tony Adams used to nor dazzle people with elegant dribbles up field ala Blanc at his peak) centre halves who peak in their early 30s.

if you remember a few months back i started a thread questioning whether stevie g should be captain or not. it actually provoked some superb debate. i stated that i believed carragher should be made captain. after seeing his perfromances as a "leader" this season i still stand by that.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:13 pm

Yes, Mike, your earlier point about Carra being Captain is now earning more and more credence, given Jamie's excellent play and Gerrard's tantrums before Xmas.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:25 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Yes, Mike, your earlier point about Carra being Captain is now earning more and more credence, given Jamie's excellent play and Gerrard's tantrums before Xmas.

to me, carra was always the most natural leader in the squad despite gerrard's influence on the pitch. to me, stevie should be left to concentrate on his own game, without having to boot everyone elses @rse into gear.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:59 am

I think that Xabi Alonso may eventually become captain, as Rafa is constanlty giving him messages on the pitch so he and Rafa obviously work well togehter (the language is a big help of course).

Alonso showed in the Fulham game that he is capable of rallying the troops and turning the match on it's head, so I think he could be a good captaib but definately not in the immediate future.

For me if *god forbid* Steve G leaves, Carra is the best option at the minute for reasons  stated above.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:32 am

stmichael wrote:
John Barnes' Granny wrote:Carragher has been terrific this season and I think he is well on his way to becoming one of those hugely under rated yet fantastic "quiet" (in that he's never going to score last minute winning goals like Tony Adams used to nor dazzle people with elegant dribbles up field ala Blanc at his peak) centre halves who peak in their early 30s.

if you remember a few months back i started a thread questioning whether stevie g should be captain or not. it actually provoked some superb debate. i stated that i believed carragher should be made captain. after seeing his perfromances as a "leader" this season i still stand by that.

I said the same thing and I too stand by what I said.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:43 am

Going back to Chelsea, they seem to have bene caught red handed with Ashley Cole. It would seem that nothing other than a ban or point deduction will halt the Abramavich-Kenyon beheamoth from riding rough shod over every rule in the book.

Arsenal can hardly complain though, given that they tapped up Flamini and Anelka.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Woollyback » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:11 am

Trouble is that Abramovich has sufficient money and an equally sufficient lack of scruples to enable him to, ahem, "smooth the waters" that may be facing him & his poodle Mourinho 

The Cole business illustrates perfectly how Chelsea think they currently have no peers
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:46 pm

It now looks that the FA will go over the heads of Arsenal and investigate the incident regardless of a complaint from Highbury.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:14 pm

good to hear JBG
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:22 pm

A.B. wrote:
stmichael wrote:

I said the same thing and I too stand by what I said.

I too said the same, and I stand by the bar most Friday nights.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:19 am

LFC #1 wrote:I think that Xabi Alonso may eventually become captain, as Rafa is constanlty giving him messages on the pitch so he and Rafa obviously work well togehter (the language is a big help of course).

Alonso showed in the Fulham game that he is capable of rallying the troops and turning the match on it's head, so I think he could be a good captaib but definately not in the immediate future.

For me if *god forbid* Steve G leaves, Carra is the best option at the minute for reasons  stated above.

I remember even before Xabi have kicked a ball for us that he has already exchange his tactical view with Rafa. He is well rated by Rafa and judging by his on-field performance, he definately have a superb football brain...

as for Carragher being made captain...it might just be the tonic for him to raise the level of his game a few more notches...well we'll see  :)
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:35 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:
greenred wrote:Why the hell would Chelski blow the chance of a European cup just to get Mourinho on board?

Da Costa says they didn't fix the match to get Mourinho on board, but deliberately threw it because they were terrified of a UEFA ban.

maybe they saw an UEFA official or a press reporter during their 'secret' negotiation with Maurinho?

RE: conspiracy theory...sorry to be jumping on the ship this late, but it wouldn't surprised me one bit if the accusation turns out to be mostly true. I am a director for a large corporation and have seen enough back door dealings to not dismiss this 'theory' outright. Years ago when I was working for a very large US conglomerate, I have seen them literally 'gave away' some of their equipments worth millions of $$$ from another group of their business in order to secure the contract to built a series of power plants in that country. Such dealings are not uncommon when the stakes are high. Do you know what Roman has to give and do for Putin in order for him to live out his life in London and not a 6x6 cell in the Gulag? Throwing away a semi of CL is nothing to Roman...imagine if Ranieri was to win the trophy followed by Chelsea trying to get rid of him??? All in all, good reading for the conspiracy theorist among us  :)
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion