Vignal
No votes

Total votes : 39

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:12 pm

Im pretty hes a offensive midfielder.. so just behind the strikers
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:17 pm

Pongo for me, especially if Baros leaves.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby taff » Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:21 pm

He does look comfortable in that Bergkamp type role
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:37 pm

Le Tallec.  Needs to put the beef on though.
jonnymac1979

Postby taff » Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:49 pm

Steak every day if Shanks was in charge  :D
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:49 pm

This thread has cheered me up, because excluding Vignal, there is real potential in the other half dozen.  Mellor may well leave mind, but never the less we do have some promising youngsters.  Good one adayinthelife
Last edited by big al on Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:00 pm

I went for Ostemb....Ostemberor ....ostemberrao ...Ermm the lad who got shot in the A.r.s.e !! LOL :D

I was at thew Away game in newcastle when he made his Prem debut and he was superb that day and folowed it up with some good performances then nothing ,....not injured, Suspended ..nothing ??? Next thing we hear he is on loan ??? 

I think the sheet has been wiped clean for everyone who wants to knuckle down and fight for their place in the side with a new manager. Lets hope we can blood at least a  couple of the list with Baros .......as the old adage goes , "if your good enough, your old enough" :p
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:40 pm

Al...

Are you saying Vignal didn't impress?

I think had he had a run he'd be easily good enough. He looks brilliant defensively and good going forward.

Benitez will (in my opinion) turn one player who most see as usless into a first teamer. Weather its Biscan, Traore, Cheyrou, Vignal, Otsemobor, Le Tallec, Murphy or someone else i think he'll have a positive effect on at least one player.

For me Traore has always had untapped potential and i also feel the same about Igor, Vignal and Cheyrou.
115-1073096938

Postby Scottbot » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:44 pm

i was at City of Manchester stadium when GH benched Otsemobor 35mins into the 1st half an i don't think he got another game all season. Think he replaced himmwith Biscan or Henchoz at RB!

Best poll in a good while Adayinthelife!

I'd like to see more of Le Tellec - This kid has lots to offer. He can pass, has good vision, great in the air and tackles ok for a streak of ******! Agree he needs to get in the weights room + i believe he needs to play in a central role. GH stuck him out on the right on several occasions last season.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:49 am

i would say le tallec. hes a good playmaker with loads of potential.played well in the world youth cup too.

pongo and mellor are out cos we've already got 3 good strikers.
i havent seen much of richie partdridgre.
ostemobor and vignal arn't good enough yet imo.
i think john welsh will be class in a few years.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bRy » Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:20 am

With regard to the comment concerning Benitez turning someone into a first teamer, in my view Cheyrou is perhaps the most likely that I can foresee.

Houllier unfairly labelled him as the next Zidane and this statement perhaps had a splash of credibility at the time, considering Cheyrou has two caps for France and was seen as Zidane's back up.

Watching games when he featured prominently, particularly when he went on that nice run of form around Christmas, a lot of his touches were deft and his ideas and creativity perhaps went a little unnoticed. I'd love to see him given the chance to play alongside Gerrard in the mids as Stevie is ample cover for a player like Bruno who likes to have the ball at his feet and be able to pick gaps for the strikers to run onto, much like Bergkamp does for Arsenal.

Benitez may be able to realise Cheyrou's great technical abilities and deal with such a player as he must have had to deal strongly with similar players at Valencia, namely Mista and Vicente.

Out of the younger players that perhaps should be given a better run, Partridge seems very appealing seen as though he's a right winger, an area I think we have struggled to fill for a very long time. I haven't seen Partridge play and only have people's accounts of him and Champ Manager to go by, however perhaps he should be given a chance much the same as Kolo Toure was at Arsenal.
bRy

Postby blind » Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:36 am

stmichael wrote:just one question about le tallec. does anyone know what his best position is? is it centre mid? is it on the right? is it in the hole? i believe he likes playing just off the stikers but i can't see us playing that system with the players we've got.  ???

attacking midfielder who basically performs the same kind of role as berkamp. Plays behind the front man/men and just moves around the pitch and frees up players and space.

his connection with Pongolle is unbeleivable i saw them play back in france before they came and they combine so well and the interchange of play between with out even looking at what the other is doing they just know what to expect of the other.

Baros should not be allowed to leave for Real i would rather see him stay and be given a good run in the side and prove how good he is.
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fritzylfc » Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:48 pm

my vote went to otsemobor was looking a good prospect till our so called leader foolier bought finnan then shipped the boy out to bolton finnan gets injured no right back. henchov played fullback biscan center back.if we had kept the lad he would of had  more first team experience than he got at bolton.
fritzylfc

Postby BringBackTiti » Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:00 pm

i think we should try flo on the right in one of the pre season games he has the pace see if he has a cross on him
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BringBackTiti » Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:01 pm

i think we should try flo on the right in one of the pre season games he has the pace see if he has a cross on him
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion