Did Chelea "throw" the Monaco game? - Sensational accusations

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:30 pm

Now you mention it, I thought they played totally out of character in the Semi's.

how about last night, was lettting Porto win and thus qualify the final installment of the "pay back" for Murinho ??
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:51 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Now you mention it, I thought they played totally out of character in the Semi's.

how about last night, was lettting Porto win and thus qualify the final installment of the "pay back" for Murinho ??

:D could be, i remember that semi final and i was bewildered by ranieries substitutions, they were unbelievable i mean hasslebaink on the wing, huth at right back it was rediculous.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:45 am

I also disagree with AB's comment that Chelsea is the Real Madrid of England with a squad full of egos.

Jose Maurinho does not become a top coach by suffering fools such as mega egos. Right now, his players really believe in him and he has forged good ethics and team spitir into that Chelsea team. The ohly thing is that they need to have character to weather tough times which they have not yet faced, and also not let mind games of Fergie and Wenger to get to them.

There is very little of that happening - Maurinho is top class and he is a proven and experienced winner who should get Chelsea to the summit given their vast wealth. Last time around, they had money and classy players, now they have a top coach and the ingredient is complete.

For us, we have a top coach but not much money and not enough classy players. We will get there but the road is a bit longer.

And no, there is no way Chelsea threw away the Monaco game.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:07 am

Mourinho got rid of the egos: Veron, Crespo and Mutu were all shown the door.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:24 am

Exactly and i think thats the difference, real madrid just havent had a proper coach who can do wat their team needs (guide rather than regiment in their case) since they fired Del Bosque.  Chelsea will do well while Mourinho is in charge and makes the signings
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby XSD » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:31 pm

I've herad this story. I don't think Ranieri would throw it, considering the situation he was in. If it was thrown it must have been some of the players, after Kenyon had a word. I can see why Kenyon and Abramovic might want it, but not the players or manager.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:55 pm

Did not happen.

I could not see people like John Terry and Dessailly throwing a match.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:14 am

John Terry...what a classy defender although not the quickest. No-nonsense, very alert, dangerous at set peices, leader of men and above all, an Englishman.

Exactly the kind of defender Liverpool needs. Yes, I don't see a player like him throwing a match. On this season's form, John Terry should be ahead of Sol Campbell and Rio Ferdinand in the England first team.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:02 am

Sol Campbell was immense agiant Chelsea though, England really have 3 of the best centre-half's going around at the moment.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:49 am

Yes, LFC#1, England's 3 central defenders must be the envy of Liverpool at the moment because none of them play for us...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:34 pm

John Terry is a fantastic English defender, Wish he was ours....
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:59 am

Yes, mate, couldn't agree with you more. John Terry has improved by leaps and bounds over the past 2 seasons and I think he is now better than Campbell (this may not be totally fair as Campbell is not 100% fit or not 100% in top form because Arsenal maybe had rushed him into action too early and it is showing that he lacks something in his game as he has not been the force of old).

He would be an ideal partner to Carra but alas, he is not available and if I am Chelsea's manager, I'd let him go over my dead body!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:37 pm

Many are claiming that John Terry is the pick of the defenders in the Premiership this season and with that I have to concur.

All the same, Jamie Carragher must rank among those most improved this season.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:16 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Many are claiming that John Terry is the pick of the defenders in the Premiership this season and with that I have to concur.

Did you see him against us? He was awful mate, hoofed it up and out all the time.

Over rated as far as I am concerned.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:26 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
John Barnes' Granny wrote:Many are claiming that John Terry is the pick of the defenders in the Premiership this season and with that I have to concur.

Did you see him against us? He was awful mate, hoofed it up and out all the time.

Over rated as far as I am concerned.

Yes, I did see him against us, but I'm basing what I said over the whole season so far. You cannot argue with Chelsea's defensive record, and Terry has been at the heart of that. He has also scored some goals going forward, has been excellent in Europe and IMO, is one of the top 2 players at Chelsea.

Carragher has been terrific this season and I think he is well on his way to becoming one of those hugely under rated yet fantastic "quiet" (in that he's never going to score last minute winning goals like Tony Adams used to nor dazzle people with elegant dribbles up field ala Blanc at his peak) centre halves who peak in their early 30s.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion