BRAD JONES - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby PabloMedina28 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:39 am

pokster wrote:Kevin Doyle is a very good player. Just because he play for an unfancied club it doesnt mean that he's :censored:. HE holds up the ball well, brings in other team mates into play and making intelligent runs. I like him. I agree that 20 million pounds for carlton cole is rubbish, not worth it. maximum 12 million for carlton cole in my opinion.

Hes :censored:
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:35 am

Doyle or Cole? I quite like both players, doesn't mean I think they are top drawer, but I certainly would say Cole is probably worth around £8m-£10m, maybe a little more. Doyle is probably not worth much more than £7m.

The problem with the market is when clubs pay over £10m for a striker who's probably not worth more than £7m and it creates an inflated market. Other clubs look at the player transferred and think they should get the same or more for a player who equally isn't worth that sum either. When Rafa paid £20.3m for Keane, no doubt in my mind other managers looked at that fee and not only hiked up the value of their ordinary striker in their minds, but probably decided to add a few million to any player they might sell to us.

Keepers are silly territory, then again didn't some fans on here want £10m for Carson and look where he is now - in terms of his career (not just club)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby In and Out » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:23 am

Have to admit that Cavelari that Rafa signed looks like one ropey reserve. I'd purchase a better keeper if 'God forbid' we had to call upon the Brazillian. Make it water tight.
Football is a relatively simple game and Roy knows it ;)
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:03 pm

It's less about filling our quota of homegrown players than it is freeing up one of the 17 non-homegrown positions. It's not an essential signing as of now as we have, I think, 15 foreigners likely be included in the list of 25. But going forward if we were to sign a striker and he was foreign, that takes it 16, and if we were to sign a LB and he was foreign, then to 17, and if that situation were to previal, we would be limited in subsequent transfer windows. With that in mind, it doesn't seem like a "waste". I'm also confident Roy wouldn't authorise the deal if it would limit our ability to sign a backup striker.

Incidentally, I don't believe Gulacsi counts as homegrown since he only signed for the club in 2008; in 2007-2008 he was only loaned to us, and was therefore still registered with MTK.
LFC2007

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:03 pm

It's on SSN now saying that he is meant to having a medical right now.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:30 pm

Don't really understand this signing tbh.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:35 pm

Cavalieri wants out so we are replacing him with a home grown keeper. :)
Fauxy

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:08 pm

Fauxy wrote:Cavalieri wants out so we are replacing him with a home grown keeper. :)

Thought he was aussie ,and why isn't roy promoting the reserve goalie .Gulaci
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:13 pm

He is Aussie but has british citizenship. As for Gulacsi, maybe he isnt good enough for first team?
Fauxy

Postby PabloAimar » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:39 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:why isn't roy promoting the reserve goalie

It doesn't work like that. We tried it with Insua last season and people were (and are still) saying we need to sign a left back.

...something to do with reserve team players generally not being up to the standard of the 1st team - they play in a reserve league against other young/cr@p players not good enough for their respective 1st teams and thus find it difficult stepping up to the 1st team, which is probably why roy isn't promoting the reserve goalie when a decent homegrown goalie is available for £2.5M ...interestingly, a similar amount Rafa spent on a backup centre-back when most thought a reserve centre-back should/could have been promoted.
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby Reg » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:22 pm

In fairness Pepe has just signed a new contract, he's on top form and any self respecting keeper who wants to maximise his value would have to move on. You cant blame Cavalieri, he's a first class keeper who deserves a break.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crim cram » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:51 pm

Some of the boro fans are happy he's gone and can't believe they got 2.5 mil. for him.  I don't know a thing about him tbh.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:56 am

That's 2.5 mil that could have gone towards another striker ???
killerp

Postby laza » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:09 am

Welcome Jonesy

Good luck at the best club in the world and best wishes for speed recovery of your son
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:16 am

this lad must be special???.
we will have to trust roy on this one!!
blow the masch transfer on a decent striker or else it will haunt us again.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion