CURTIS JONES - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:01 pm

I think he has enough about him at 19 to think he is worth investing in. He is big, has good technical ability and a decent engine. He will surely improve considering his age  and will only get stronger as he gains muscle. He is not wispy as Own was at 19, he is not “chubby” as Rooney was at the same age, he has the body type that will improve with age, especially for a midfielder. He got injured last season and I think it affected his performances but as the season went on he played better. Problem for him is he is more an attacking midfielder than a defensive midfielder and we have a number of those. I cannot see him playing the Fabinho role.

That said, he will probably be included in the England squad and a main stay in the team. I think he will stay and not a candidate for going on loan this summer.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:38 am

He's almost 23 Kazza. Made his debut back in 2018 I think it was.  Injuries probably have held him back and I'm not saying he's a bad player either, just not, imo good enough for this level. Rooney, Owen etc where established internationals where as Jones isn't and more than likely his next tournament will be with the U23's.

I don't think we will loan him anyway as the squad is starting to look a bit thin and especially if Hendo goes.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:36 am

red till i die!! » Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:38 am wrote:He's almost 23 Kazza. Made his debut back in 2018 I think it was.  Injuries probably have held him back and I'm not saying he's a bad player either, just not, imo good enough for this level. Rooney, Owen etc where established internationals where as Jones isn't and more than likely his next tournament will be with the U23's.

I don't think we will loan him anyway as the squad is starting to look a bit thin and especially if Hendo goes.

He is 23? Wow, how time flies   :kungfu:

Big difference between 19 and 23. Point about Owen and Rooney was more about body type
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:06 pm

kazza » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:36 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:38 am wrote:He's almost 23 Kazza. Made his debut back in 2018 I think it was.  Injuries probably have held him back and I'm not saying he's a bad player either, just not, imo good enough for this level. Rooney, Owen etc where established internationals where as Jones isn't and more than likely his next tournament will be with the U23's.

He is 23? Wow, how time flies   :kungfu:

Big difference between 19 and 23. Point about Owen and Rooney was more about body type

We put far to much faith in young lads at to young of an age. There is a lot of growing and maturing to do from 17/18 to the early 20's. I think Jones has a different build than Owen or Rooney and has good agility but just not the presence to have any sort of an impact like they had.

Elliot is another we are bigging up to the last and he is not good enough either. He's well experienced with us as a senior player but was mostly a sub in that tournament. He's put on a lot of weight and now resembles a mini shaq, he's got no pace and no presence on the ball. Still a skilful lad but lacking the other attributes to be a top drawer player imo.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:05 pm

Jones did nothing for me when he was on the pitch today. Far too careless and slow
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:33 pm

He had a lot of injuries last season. But it's make or break for him this year. Hopefully he fulfills his potential.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion