BRAD JONES - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:54 pm

Yeah let's have Brad Jones instead who as soon as he became number one at Boro they went down . Great plan . The Boro fans are delighted to get rid of him even more so to get money for him . Money wasted again IMO .
Benny The Noon

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:58 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Yeah let's have Brad Jones instead who as soon as he became number one at Boro they went down . Great plan . The Boro fans are delighted to get rid of him even more so to get money for him . Money wasted again IMO .

Brad Jones was to blame for 'boro going down, was he?  :laugh:

I know 2 boro fans and they are NOT happy to see him leave. But hey, if you think having a solid number 2 keeper is a waste of money then suit yourself.  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:02 pm

Yep it's a waste of money when we have more urgent areas needing attention - first choice left back would be nice , a quality striker would also be nice but I'm sure we may get to that after we have finished flitering away millions on areas of less importance .

Just my opinion .
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:37 pm

Purslow's the one deciding these things anyway. That's why they got rid of Rafa, and that's why Roy said Purslow was handling transfers. And besides, there isn't any money to buy strikers or left backs good enough to better what we already have.

Roy is just an unfortunate bystander in all of this.
LFC2007

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:45 pm

Too expensive for a guy who is barely ever gonna play, dont rate Brad Jones at all either.
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby In and Out » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:21 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Yep it's a waste of money when we have more urgent areas needing attention - first choice left back would be nice , a quality striker would also be nice but I'm sure we may get to that after we have finished flitering away millions on areas of less importance .

Just my opinion .

Rafa never wasted millions did he?

People are way too slow in moving on, their agendas apparent, Cole - a dodgy signing, Brad Jones a waste of money, Gerrard and Torres staying as Roy got lucky. I see a pattern here.
Football is a relatively simple game and Roy knows it ;)
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:26 pm

This has nothing to do with previous manager and I would be saying the exact same things if previous manager was doing these deals . But will be interesting to see the pattern your alluding too . Remember people are allowed to form their own opinions without having some sort of preconceived ideas or agenda - it's called free thinking . And I will stick with those opinions until actions I see change then or force me to re evaluate them .
Benny The Noon

Postby In and Out » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:31 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:This has nothing to do with previous manager and I would be saying the exact same things if previous manager was doing these deals . But will be interesting to see the pattern your alluding too . Remember people are allowed to form their own opinions without having some sort of preconceived ideas or agenda - it's called free thinking . And I will stick with those opinions until actions I see change then or force me to re evaluate them .

That's fine I'm not saying you can't, all I am saying is that your free thinking is very quick to put a subjective view on things, let's give the manager a chance hey, like we did with Rafa.
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:37 pm

Who says I'm not giving him a chance !Just because I'm not lauding him with overboard praise doesn't mean I'm not giving him a chance - he will get the same support as all Liverpool managers have . Will praise him when I believe he deserves it and will see results on the pitch and trophies in the cabinet.
Last edited by Benny The Noon on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benny The Noon

Postby In and Out » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:42 pm

Sorry, all the negativity you've posted on his footballing transfers and lucky-ness and whatever else you've probably said about him sincerely shows your backing of the man. Silly me.

And people labelled Mick and Saint 'doom and gloom' merchants, feck me, we've seen nothing yet if this is what we've got to look forward to.

I'm done with this discussion, I already have a 'point scoring' war going on with Mr Liverpool so it seems, so if you don't mind, as you were.
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:15 am

In and Out wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Yep it's a waste of money when we have more urgent areas needing attention - first choice left back would be nice , a quality striker would also be nice but I'm sure we may get to that after we have finished flitering away millions on areas of less importance .

Just my opinion .

People are way too slow in moving on, their agendas apparent, Cole - a dodgy signing, Brad Jones a waste of money, Gerrard and Torres staying as Roy got lucky. I see a pattern here.

He's gone bam . He's gone . Let it lie .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:48 am

Just my opinion .

Agree the signing wouldn't make much sense if Cavalieri stays at the club but I'm assuming there is some interest in the lad and that it will off-set the transfer. If that is the case then it will look like a fairly transfer in my book.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby In and Out » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:30 am

Igor Zidane wrote:
In and Out wrote:

Just my opinion .

He's gone bam . He's gone . Let it lie .

It's too hard, my blind faith in the man is like an umbilical chord, I can't cut it, even if that means discrediting our current manager.
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:45 pm

Liverpool keeper Diego Cavalieri set for move to Italy

DIEGO CAVALIERI'S two-year stay at Liverpool could soon be over after boss Roy Hodgson revealed Serie A outfit Cesena are in advanced talks to sign him.

The Brazilian keeper will be on the bench for tomorrow night's Europa League play-off first leg against Trabzonspor at Anfield but then he will fly to Italy in the hope of thrashing out a deal.

Cavalieri has made no secret of his desire to move this summer and spoke with Hodgson when the manager arrived in July about his need to play regular football.

Now that Hodgson has drafted in keeper Brad Jones from Middlesbrough as cover for Pepe Reina, Cavalieri is likely to be on his way.

Hodgson said: "Brad is not eligible for tomorrow because when we had to submit the squad list for these matches he was not signed for the club and you can't put players on the bench who aren't signed.

"Diego will be the substitute keeper on Thursday and he will then travel to Cesena for a medical. If that goes well the chances are we will need to use a third keeper as back up for Pepe for the second leg.

"I can understand that Diego wants to play football."

Cesena were promoted to Serie A back in May after finishing as runners-up in Serie B.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpo....7089628
LFC2007

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:01 pm

Any news on the fee - hopefully the same as Jones . Still hope Pepe never gets injured . Just think 3 years ago we nearly had Joe Hart for a couple million .
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion