BRAD JONES - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:49 pm

Latest news is we have agreed a 2.5 mil fee for Brad Jones Boro GK

Have to sell Caverlli for 2.5 mil cause spending 2.5 mil on someone who wont play is madness esp when we have a few good young keepers .
Benny The Noon

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:59 pm

I'm sure Hodgson and the team aren't spending the little budget we have recklessly.

If they rate him enough to spend that sort of money on him, the advice must of been concrete.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:18 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:I'm sure Hodgson and the team aren't spending the little budget we have recklessly.

If they rate him enough to spend that sort of money on him, the advice must of been concrete.

We have Pepe as a GK - the guy is going to play in pretty much every single game bar maybe CC so that leaves Jones how many games a season ? 3 maybe 4 - 2.5 mil for someone to maybe play a couple games of season is madness .
Benny The Noon

Postby parchpea » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:20 pm

Funny how almost every new manager is intent on signing a keeper when they join a club. We have one of, if not the best keeper in the world, certainly he is in the Prem, and probably half dozen goalies behind him. We understand you need decent cover just incase Reina gets a knock but its the conveyer belt of keepers going in and out the door that is often frustrating to supporters.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:23 pm

2.5 million, we can't be that skint
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:29 pm

He will count as a home grown replacement for Cavalieri and we might generate more than 2.5 Mill from selling Cavalieri.

No drama.
Fauxy

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:47 pm

Fauxy wrote:He will count as a home grown replacement for Cavalieri and we might generate more than 2.5 Mill from selling Cavalieri.

No drama.

this. I read it somewhere too.

Counts as homegrown whereas Cavelari doesn't.

As long as we sell Cavelari for £2.5m + then this transfer's fine by me. Its not like either back-up keeper will play much, but they have to be fairly good, just in case the unthinkable happens. But with all these new homegrown qota rules, it makes sense to have a backup keeper who counts
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:01 pm

boro denied any deal happened
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:13 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:I'm sure Hodgson and the team aren't spending the little budget we have recklessly.

We have Pepe as a GK - the guy is going to play in pretty much every single game bar maybe CC so that leaves Jones how many games a season ? 3 maybe 4 - 2.5 mil for someone to maybe play a couple games of season is madness .

how much did Rafa spend on Cavelari?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:15 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:

under 2 mil to replace dudek who was leaving and while we had no decent young keepers at the club - we now have a couple that could easily act as understudy and back then money wasnt as tight and we couldnt just throw money away on players not needed esp players who are no better than average .
Benny The Noon

Postby Greavesie » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:16 pm

SSN saying the deal is still not done due to issues of how the money will be paid
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:16 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:

under 2 mil to replace dudek who was leaving and while we had no decent young keepers at the club - we now have a couple that could easily act as understudy and back then money wasnt as tight and we couldnt just throw money away on players not needed esp players who are no better than average .

think you'll find it was 3million actualy. My point has been made, thanks  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:20 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:

think you'll find it was 3million actualy. My point has been made, thanks  :D

You had a point ? that would be a first.

Thats ok you be delighted we are spending money on average players while we still have no decent back up to Torres .
Benny The Noon

Postby Greavesie » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:25 pm

Benny's right though Kewell a back up to Torres is essential
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:25 pm

7_Kewell wrote:You had a point ? that would be a first.

Thats ok you be delighted we are spending money on average players while we still have no decent back up to Torres .

oh dear love, you try hard, bless, but you fail...

You said it was MADNESS to spend 2.5 million on a back up keeper...but Rafa spend 3 MILLION on Cavelari. That was after he'd spend 500k on Martin too. I think it's you who's going mad

:laugh:[/quote]
You still fail to see the difference in the financial situations back then to now - we dont have a penny to rub together currently and we are extremely weak in certain areas yet are spending money in areas where we dont need players .

Do you grasp that now .
Benny The Noon

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion