ARSENAL VS LIVERPOOL - Sun 21/12/08 4pm

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:26 am

NANNY RED wrote:Does anyone feel like a bit of a traitor wanting the bitters to do us a favour. I hope they turn Chelsea over an it seems so wrong for me to say it because i hate them. An i hate Chelsea but i love Liverpool so if the bitters can get a point tonight or even a win .An we stay top Ill be happy. i wont feel so bad about wanting them to get something from the game.

dont be. everton are of no threat to us anyway.  :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby tonyeh » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:28 am

NANNY RED wrote:Does anyone feel like a bit of a traitor wanting the bitters to do us a favour. I hope they turn Chelsea over an it seems so wrong for me to say it because i hate them. An i hate Chelsea but i love Liverpool so if the bitters can get a point tonight or even a win .An we stay top Ill be happy. i wont feel so bad about wanting them to get something from the game.

Nah.....my old man's an Everton fan. So I may try and hook up the net in the old folks home where he is and cheer them on with him. If they have wireless that is. i think they do.

Honestly though, I cannot see Chelsea even being held to a draw with them. They've been poor at times this season.

Go on Nan...I bet you'll be roaring like a true Blue! 

:D
tonyeh

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:38 am

tonyeh wrote:

Nah.....my old man's an Everton fan. So I may try and hook up the net in the old folks home where he is and cheer them on with him. If they have wireless that is. i think they do.

Honestly though, I cannot see Chelsea even being held to a draw with them. They've been poor at times this season.

:laugh: I might have a sneaky yes if they score :laugh:

My son an one of my brothers are bitters an hes down visiting me for chrismas so ill be watching the game with them.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DanAn » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:40 am

Judge wrote:i am still baffled that lucas spent so much time on the field - why wasnt he subbed first - he was dire all thru the match. Babel was about as effective as a chocolate fireguard also.

we should be celebrating 3 points not just 1

the tactical subs used yesterday was poor

I don't understand people saying Lucas had a bad game. I thought he was solid and did his job against one of the better midfields in the EPL.  IMO he clearly had instructions to lift his work rate and fill Mash's role. For me he did that, gave a way a few too many fouls (none particularly dangerous) but did a pretty good job of supporting Alonso in controlling the midfield.

Likewise Kuyt. I though he was lively when on the right (not so good upfornt). He almost had himself a fantastic assist and goal of his own.

To me the disappointments were Babel (for obvious reasons), Riera and Arbeloa. Babel was just :censored: and the other two were unsighted for large parts of the game.

I know i'll get hammered for this one but I thought Gerrard wasn't great, he should have burried the one Keane laid off too him and I think he could have gotten on the end of the one sent to him by Kuyt. Not that he didn't contribute but he's graded on a higher level the the other players.

I thought the subs were probably the right ones. Just a little slow to make the changes thats all. I would have gone:

Lucas for N'gog straight after send off
Riera for El Zhar at 75'
Keane for Babel at 85'
DanAn

Postby RedEire » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:49 am

While I am a bit :censored: off that we did not take all three points, I suppose we would all have accepted a draw going into this game.  I felt that both Agger and Insua played brilliant.  Insua showed that he has the ability to play at this level against the big teams - did not dive in, stood up to Sagna when he tried to get down the line and got close each and every time Sagna tried to cross the ball - this is so important as it does not allow the player to pick out a man in the box.  He also showed that he is not afraid to push up when required and he got in a few good crosses himself.  All in all a very impressive display for a 19 year old.
Arbeloa again is putting in a good shift - his positioning is getting better each game and when you have a clown like Kuyt in front of you, you are always going to be tested.  I think Kuyt in the whole game only tried to go forward once when he got the ball - the rest of the time he just pushed in backwards - he adds nothing to this team now.
Delighted for Keane - brill goal - he had threatened their line twice earlier so they were warned but what a half volley.  I felt he should have been left on though till the end - he is still our best goal chance at the moment
RedEire

Postby DanAn » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:10 am

RedEire wrote: I felt that both Agger and Insua played brilliant.  Insua showed that he has the ability to play at this level against the big teams - did not dive in, stood up to Sagna when he tried to get down the line and got close each and every time Sagna tried to cross the ball - this is so important as it does not allow the player to pick out a man in the box.  He also showed that he is not afraid to push up when required and he got in a few good crosses himself.  All in all a very impressive display for a 19 year old.

Arbeloa again is putting in a good shift - his positioning is getting better each game and when you have a clown like Kuyt in front of you, you are always going to be tested.  I think Kuyt in the whole game only tried to go forward once when he got the ball - the rest of the time he just pushed in backwards - he adds nothing to this team now.

Delighted for Keane - brill goal - he had threatened their line twice earlier so they were warned but what a half volley.  I felt he should have been left on though till the end - he is still our best goal chance at the moment

Agree with the first bit regarding Insua and Agger.

However regarding Kuyt IMO it's no coincidence that once again or best chance (other than Keane's goal) came from an opportunity created by Kuyt. I'm telling you the guy is Maxwell Smart of football. He flails around the field like a big dofus has the touch of an elephant but somehow the ball lands at his feet and he creates an opportunity or scores. He looks :censored: but he gets results and in the end that's all that counts really.

Keane's goal was nice, more than a touch of class in hitting that ball so cleanly on the half volley. That's not easy to do.
DanAn

Postby Alex G. » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:13 am

Kuyt did really well on the right wing.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby tonyeh » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:16 am

NANNY RED wrote:
tonyeh wrote:

:laugh: I might have a sneaky yes if they score :laugh:

My son an one of my brothers are bitters an hes down visiting me for chrismas so ill be watching the game with them.

That's the girl!

Maybe we should start an Everton v Chelsea thread? Ha Ha....

No?

Ok.
tonyeh

Postby Sabre » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:19 am

Viva Nanny Red cojones!
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sandokan » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:24 am

Petar wrote:I think we will not lose this one. I think that we have too strong defence and midfield for arsenal kids. 1-1-just because of negative tactics once again

but he really had some valid points. Hello folks,I am new one. My view on the game. We could at least go for the win,but we didn`t,so I am dissapointed with the attitude. Kuyt,Agger,Keane,Insua were very good. Lucas out
Last edited by sandokan on Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
sandokan

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:43 am

Happy with the result tbh.

There was a stage in the first half when i was really worried, they scored and we were too deep and getting pinned back too much.
But once Keane equalised, with a great finish by the way, we were the better team.
Until Adebayor got sent off, (which was a joke, neither where bookings imo) we were dominating the game and looked the far more likely winners.
I can see why some might be frustrated that we didnt capitalise on the fact that they were down to 10 men and had lost Fabregas to injury but its not always as straight forward as that.
They worked really hard to just kill the game off when they went down to 10, and our lack of quality options didnt help.
But i am definately happy with a point there.
Some might say that its a bad point as we have drawn too many now, but i dont look at it like that, the fact that we drew at home to Hull and West Ham etc isnt really that relevant, take each game on its own merit.
Positives are that we have now played the top 3 and not lost picking up 7 points, we have done it without our star striker as well.
The home draws were annoying at the time but they are gone now.

On a seperate note i thought the referee yesterday was an absolute joke and ruined the game with the sending off.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:43 am

I didn't get to watch the match as it was really late here in Japan when it showed and I had a meeting in the morning I could not afford to be sleepy for...... I was pretty happy with the result as we've seemed to address the archilles heel of previous seasons where we've consistently dropped points against the front runners.

I was just reading this thread as I usually do and I simply could not believe some of the abuse that's been spewed against some members... notably towards Nanny which were well over the top and bang out of order. It seems to be happening very often these days and it's really killing the footy talk.

Generally I tend to stay out of these shenanigans but that tw@t that got banned had it coming from a mile away. It's really pi$sing me off and frankly it becomes a chore to read these boards at times.

FFS, can we keep it civil please?

PS: Nanny, there's no need to apologise. You did nothing wrong.....
ConnO'var

Postby sandokan » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:53 am

NANNY RED wrote:
Petar wrote:and people who talk too much about something are usually lying. Just like nanny for going to matches

Now this is my final words to you lad

:censored: off . you are the biggest piece of sh.ite ive ever encounterd that supports this great club. Dont question my loyalty. you :censored: meth, I dont lie lad about going to the game i dont have to im a scouser you see not some :censored: nomark Bosnian who jumped on the bandwagon. ive watched this team for 40 years an witnessed tragedys lad. An you call me a liar . im sorry to anyone else reading this an i apologise for my language. but this lad is a :censored: of the highest order.

You should not be anywhere near our club  YOU ARE A :censored: TOSS.ER

tHAT IS ALL

well,racist. You are nothing but racist who don`t deserve do live in Liverpool
sandokan

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:56 am

sandokan wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
Petar wrote:and people who talk too much about something are usually lying. Just like nanny for going to matches

:censored: off . you are the biggest piece of sh.ite ive ever encounterd that supports this great club. Dont question my loyalty. you :censored: meth, I dont lie lad about going to the game i dont have to im a scouser you see not some :censored: nomark Bosnian who jumped on the bandwagon. ive watched this team for 40 years an witnessed tragedys lad. An you call me a liar . im sorry to anyone else reading this an i apologise for my language. but this lad is a :censored: of the highest order.

tHAT IS ALL

im just gonna quote you on this so Nanny can read it when she comes online making it impossible to edit your comment.  :nod
maypaxvobiscum

Postby sandokan » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:57 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
sandokan wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

tHAT IS ALL

im just gonna quote you on this so Nanny can read it when she comes online making it impossible to edit your comment.  :nod

well,it was pure racism
sandokan

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion