Another 2 points dropped

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 109-1093441336 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:59 pm

i can see why Cisse is even behind Pngolle in the team.
109-1093441336

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:00 pm

i can't
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:01 pm

We have 6 points Chelsea have 18 already we have 2 games in hand, still not good enough though.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:02 pm

Cisse's decision making is terrible.

there was moment when he could of slipped a pass for Riise to shoot, but instead chose to run with the ball straight into Rooney.

Pongolle has a football brain at least.
109-1093441336

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:09 pm

I agree cisse has made some bad decisions but i think that is a consequnce of his lack of starts
for livepool, he's dying to score!

Pongolle has great potential but he is not ready to start for liverpool, he made equally bad decisions today.

Rafa needs to make Liverpool a top three side the way we are playing now looks like we're pushing for the UEFA cup
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:09 pm

You get relegated with draws, not good enough, we wont be collecting points at this rate, its ok sureing up the defence but not when taking away from the attack.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Poolinc. » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:10 pm

We need a striker,
And we need Alonso to rediscover last season's form!!
Simple as.....
Too many points dropped already this season!!
Rafa is not infallible
Poolinc.

Postby fivecups » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:11 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:Whats annoying me is this 4-5-1 shi.te!
All this in Raffa we trust is fu.cking balls!
When will he see that we have not got the players to suit this system??
Its madness for him to persevere with this system when we have no natural wingers.
What is wrong with the good old 4-4-2??
And another thing Luis Garcia is sh.ite whether he plays on the right or in a more central role he always gives the ball away and does not posess the toughness needed in the EPL !

If we played 4-4-2 today we would have lost the game.

We did it last season in this fixture and the mancs were much the better team. Loose the midfield battle and you'll loose the game. Today's match was extremely closely contested. Overall we were the better decide and probably deserved a narrow win. Say what you want about United, but they have some quality players and most of them played today. That we can outplay them is encouraging. If we keep playing like this the goals and victories will come.

There's no need to panic here.
Last edited by fivecups on Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:12 pm

totally agree you cannot sacrifice attack for defence, it should be clear cut that at home we should be looking for a win
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:14 pm

you see today how not getting simao will cost us big time  but dont give up on garcia yet  but today garcia was poor  his passing was dreadfull  the formation is in question  you cant play one striker up in a home game its just not on, away from home it works well  im pis.sed sissoko never started pis.sed garcia stayed on so long  also pis.sed cisse didnt come on sooner  i wanted to beat these fuc.ks so much it hurts  but to be honest were not going to play a team like manure every week are we, we must play a system that suites the players and quick   but only four games gone still unbeaten which isnt a bad thing   but we have to start converting our chances into goals  allready 12 points behind chelski  not the start we wanted  beating the brum is a must  ???

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:15 pm

early days yet,the goals will come...i would have liked to see cisse up front with crouch but then the manure midfield would have been able to exploit the fact that they would have had an extra midfielder so 4-5-1 was ok...alonso wasnt his usual self today but everyone has a bad game now and again...garcia seems brilliant in europe but his style of play doesnt suit the prem,i think the 4-5-1 could work but we need natural wingers,i think today rafa's main objective was to avoid defeat hence the 4-5-1,perhaps he was hoping for a 1-0,i would have preferred us to go for the win but a draw is decent...i think he will play both 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 throughout the season and its just a case of picking the right games to play the formation,like against spurs the game was alot more open with 4-4-2 :;): the defence seems solid and its just a case of getting the attacking play right...at valencia in rafa's first season they conceded very few goals and didnt score alot either but in his third season they scored alot of goals and conceded few,playing with triangles in the 4-5-1 ie at anfield when they ripped the :censored:out of us...so i think rafa is looking to establish a defensive foundation and then bulid on it with flowing football and keeping hold of possession...hopefully the goals will start to flow at st andrews but overall its been an improvement from last year in the prem so i am happy and confident in rafas ability
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby 109-1093441336 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:17 pm

fivecups wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:Whats annoying me is this 4-5-1 shi.te!
All this in Raffa we trust is fu.cking balls!
When will he see that we have not got the players to suit this system??
Its madness for him to persevere with this system when we have no natural wingers.
What is wrong with the good old 4-4-2??
And another thing Luis Garcia is sh.ite whether he plays on the right or in a more central role he always gives the ball away and does not posess the toughness needed in the EPL !

If we played 4-4-2 today we would have lost the game.

We did it last season in this fixture and the mancs were much the better team. Loose the midfield battle and you'll loose the game. Today's match was extremely closely contested. Overall we were the better decide and probably deserved a narrow win. Say what you want about United, but they have some quality players and most of them played today. That we can outplay them is encouraging. If we keep playing like this the goals and victories will come.

There's no need to panic here.

Well said.

People take our defence for granted and assume we wont concede  if we play 442 and score a sh.itload

Aimar was awesome against Depo yesterday, if we had a calibre of player like him behind crouch we could of finished 2-0. 

I know its not the common consenus but Kewell would of been good for a game like this.
109-1093441336

Postby davo_LFC » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:19 pm

lets hope we can beat the manc c*unts at old trafford :angry:
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:31 pm

sithlord wrote:Everybody needs to calm down!  Out of the 4 games so far, last season we would probably have lost 2 or 3 of them (Middlesborough and Spurs away, or Man Utd at home).  We are definitely much better than last season.  It will only be time to worry if we aren't winning games that should be certain 3 pointers at home against the weaker teams .

yes master  :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:33 pm

I think this was a poor performance by Liverpool. Iv been saying that this was a must win game for you and I am sure Rafa is not pleased with the result (he can say whatever on the post match, although I didn’t catch that).

The first 10 minutes were buzzin and it looked like that would set the tempo of the game. but it was not to be, after a while all creativity stopped – well there wasent much to begin with – but whatever there was stopped and from the minute the 2nd half started it had a 0-0 written all over it.

Manu will take this as a good result as they played a half fit Keane, they had 1 less day of rest and they were away from home.

For Liverpool I thought Crouch played fairly well. He did what was expected of him, he played others in and he tried to make an impact. Garcia was pretty woeful if you ask me, he isn’t anywhere near half the player he was last season. He cant keep the ball, his passing is wayward and he is easily shaken off. Pongo looked lively, he might not have done a lot but he looked lively and I thought Liverpool really needed that. He tried to create, he had hunger and im sure with more match fitness he will be able to provide the end product.

In midfield I really didn’t notice Gerrard until 10 minutes or so into the 2nd half. And a bit more once Sissoko came on so Steven could push up. He had a poor game as per his high standards. Alonso was a tad better, some of his passing was great as usual but there was little he could do as the support upfront wasn’t really there.

Cisse came on with 10 minutes to go (I think it was 10). He had one good chance to play someone in from the right but opted to take the Richardson on and lost the ball. He also looked frustrated on other occasions and was complaining and making faces. That really isn’t a good sign. I don’t know if its down to him and Rafa having problems, him being angry that Crouch is 1st choice or him just facing some lack of confidence. Whatever it is. Its vital that it get sorted soon because he is one person who has goals in him and if Garcia and Zenden are not going to contribute, if Crouch is unable to play against good defenses and if Fernando is out then Liverpool face a big problem in scoring goals.

Overall I thought Manu were the better side, they might not have deserved a win and perhaps a draw was the right result, but they did create more and play a tad better. Might I add, Van Der Sar really has made a difference to their side.

--

I was disappointed to see a 4-5-1, its ok if its used away but for a home game it becomes boring and more difficult to score goals. I think this direct approach to Crouch is almost too predictable and though Crouch might win the initial header the defenders are always there to get the 2nd ball. I think it would help greatly if Rafa switches things around a bit, but the problem is he doesn’t look like he wants to use Cisse and he doesn’t really have any other options.
Due to these lack of options IMO it would be wise to use Cisse. Ok the manager might not trust him and he might not be in great form, but give the lad a chance. he was bought with great expectations, give him a fair chance to live up to them or make it obvious that he cant.

I don’t know what your next game is, but I think its an away game. another draw will be serious question marks on Rafa, I think you need to win and need to win by scoring a few goals.

Cheers
Chelsea forever.

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion