Another game more points dropped

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby DAV » Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:45 pm

Yes it was a good game.
But what do we have to show fot it once again not alot.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:26 pm

Question for you...

Were you one of these people calling for pretty attacking football as apose to effective football and playing to your strengths?

Yes or no?
115-1073096938

Postby big al » Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:41 pm

Dav be patient mate! not with Houllier with fellow forum members
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby staticstranger » Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:48 pm

It was a good game indeed.  Now, as long as the team stays healthy, we can work towards consistency.
staticstranger

Postby DAV » Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:54 pm

NO IM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO HAS BEEN GOING FOR YEARS NOT EVERY GAME BUT WHEN I CAN, AND HAVE BEEN FOR DECADES.
i LIKE TO SEE GOOD FOOTBALL AND GOOD MANAGEMENT DECISIONS.
i GOT INTO THIS HABIT I SUPPOSE BECAUSE THIS IS THE KIND OF FOOTBALL I WAS USE TO WATCHING.
IF YOU ARE HAPPY WITH THINGS FINE, I'M NOT.
ARE U SAYING I CANNOT EXPRESS MY SELF ON THIS WEBSITE.
I DONT SEE ANYWHERE ON THIS PAGE THAT SAYS ONLY SAY GOOD THINGS ABOUT HOULIER AND LIVERPOOL.?
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:56 pm

stu i was again quote from what u said.
"as apose to effective football and playing to your strengths?"
is not effective football somthing that produces a victory STU?
is our strengths not scoring and getting draws STU?
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:08 am

Whether it was a good game or poor game will count for nothing when the places are decided. We gained one point towards Houllier's target of fourth and a Champions League place. I heard mention of the 24 shots against Sunderland last season - counts for nothing unless you put at least one away. My major concern is the (lack of) form of Michael Owen. We need goals from somewhere or we will go nowhere. He could ironically contribute to his own departure if his form doesn't improve (I'm not being fickle about Owen but we do miss his goals badly)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:28 am

DAV wrote:NO IM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO HAS BEEN GOING FOR YEARS NOT EVERY GAME BUT WHEN I CAN, AND HAVE BEEN FOR DECADES.
i LIKE TO SEE GOOD FOOTBALL AND GOOD MANAGEMENT DECISIONS.
i GOT INTO THIS HABIT I SUPPOSE BECAUSE THIS IS THE KIND OF FOOTBALL I WAS USE TO WATCHING.
IF YOU ARE HAPPY WITH THINGS FINE, I'M NOT.
ARE U SAYING I CANNOT EXPRESS MY SELF ON THIS WEBSITE.
I DONT SEE ANYWHERE ON THIS PAGE THAT SAYS ONLY SAY GOOD THINGS ABOUT HOULIER AND LIVERPOOL.?

everyone is saying it was a good performance.....but i would say we just performed OK. Our crossing was S*$T. Kewell, Finan & gerrard (although had a great game) were putting in half decent crosses. I reckon, if we had put in some decent crosses, we might have eventually won. And ....... Kewell and Owen are seriously off-form.Can't wait for baros and sinama to come back............
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:40 am

Houllier syndrome - an inability to score goals when completely on top, even if for only part of a game

Beware, It is highly contagious! :D
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:42 pm

The board need to wake up and make a fckuing change, Houlier has had his chance and he hasn't taken it.  Its time that Liverpool got the results a team like ours played with a real manager.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Scottbot » Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:33 pm

I'm not GH's biggest fan these days but i thought the Derby was encouraging. I only listened to the game and watched the highlights and thought on another day the score could have been 4-2. Of course the Mancs somehow pulled though in a game they had no right to win against the Saints which kinda sums up the difference between the teams. There were a few plus points for me: Mikey looks sharper, the goals will come (it always takes him 4-5 games minimum coming back from injury) Stevie.G was getting a lot of ball in the opposition half instead of taking it off our back 4 all the time and it was good to see both full-backs getting forward. I hope we can play with the same level of energy for the upcoming games!   :D
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GerraRd17Rob » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:45 pm

We didnt take anything out of it, but we played so well, the goals will come, I would usally be dissapointed to hear that we drew, but watching the game we were brilliant and deserved more than we got...also Duncan Ferguson is a donkey, he is an idiot and deserved to get sent off!  Steven Gerrard was great, a part of everything, Its great to see him playing at that level
GerraRd17Rob

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion