ADAM LALLANA Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:09 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:06 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:56 pm wrote:It's a bit Bit unfair to slate Firmino. He was in good form before his injury and clearly isn't match fit. Moreno and Lallana were woeful yesterday and pretty much summed up their LFC careers with a couple of decent performances followed up by the turgid dog sh!te of last night. Both need to go.

:laugh:   Unfair to slate Firmino for his performance last night but ok to call Moreno and Lallana's contribution as woeful.

OK , nice balanced view there   :glare:

My comments on Laurel and Hardy are based on their two years as LFC. Firmino will prosper as we bring in higher quality players, Moreno and Lallana will falter as they have done so over the past 2 years.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:16 pm

7_Kewell » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:09 pm wrote:My comments on Laurel and Hardy are based on their two years as LFC. Firmino will prosper as we bring in higher quality players, Moreno and Lallana will falter as they have done so over the past 2 years.

The conversation was about LAST NIGHT'S performance NOT the last two years

But hey, if you've got an axe to grind don't let me stop you.   :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:04 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:16 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:09 pm wrote:My comments on Laurel and Hardy are based on their two years as LFC. Firmino will prosper as we bring in higher quality players, Moreno and Lallana will falter as they have done so over the past 2 years.

The conversation was about LAST NIGHT'S performance NOT the last two years

But hey, if you've got an axe to grind don't let me stop you.   :kungfu:

My point was originally about the match. It's unfair to criticise one player who's played well this season, but returning from injury. When two others, who aren't injured, or played well since they arrived, were far worse.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:02 pm

7_Kewell » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:04 pm wrote:My point was originally about the match. It's unfair to criticise one player who's played well this season, but returning from injury. When two others, who aren't injured, or played well since they arrived, were far worse.

Mate, if you think Moreno and Lallana's performance LAST NIGHT was worse than Firmino's then I guess I'm just wasting my time debating with you whether "slating" Firmino's performance is unfair because the poor fella was coming back from injury and we should just excuse his sub par performance without negative comment.

Bored now so will move on, meanwhile have fun grinding that Moreno/Lallana axe    :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:54 pm

Just keeping it sharp for the summer  :D
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:41 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:08 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:14 am wrote:Its hard after such a performance  given the euphoria we're all experiencing after one of the greatest European comebacks ever ,to criticise, but Lallana was absolutely abysmal earlier ,and imo a luxury we can ill afford .....Sorry for those that rate him ,but he cant be trusted to be consistent his Liverpool career thus far is littered with far too many ridiculously bad performances.

Finding it hard to criticise the lads after such a brilliant result but if I was gonna castigate anyone for their performance last night it would be Firmno and not Lallana.

Lallana certainly wasn't great BUT I thought his contribution was at least superior to that of Firmino who may as well of been wearing a Dortmund shirt considering how many times he gave the ball to them !

We all have different opinions on certain players mate ,but I think the verdict from the Kop on Thursday night was unanimous ,put it this way we know who we would sooner have in the team. A lot of fans rate Lallana ,but unfortunately  particularly for Mr flimsy none of them were sitting in the Kop  :D

Regarding Firmino the lad provided the goals and assists when we were in dire need of a striker ,Lallana has had just a handful of games were he's warranted picking up  his fucking wages fella. Far too inconsistent there's more grit in fucking Nivea.  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:39 pm

Many players have improved however i am pleased with Adams input so far this season.
He was lacking goals in his game and has already got 2 so far this season.
Our attackers play with cohesion and Adam has become an integral part to it. I was not a fan him but so far this season his proving me wrong.
I hope he keeps this going.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red_indian » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:17 pm

Press (admittedly just The Express) suggesting the club plan to offer Lallana a new contract as his current contract is due to expire in 2019 - essentially just means they reckon he is valuable enough to us to mean we don't want him to get within two years of his contract expiring
red_indian

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:30 pm

Judging by some of the comments in this forum he's one of the most underrated players in our squad.

Fortunately Kloppo thinks differently and has him as one of his first names on the team sheet.

Phenomenal work rate and his skill on the ball is up there with the best we have.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:05 pm

The buying committee bought Firmino, Lallana, Lovren, Clyne, Can, Origi, Stewart, Coutinho, Sturridge, Mané and Milner who are all now beginning to make very serious contributions.Yes there have also been some very serious mistakes. Benteke, Carroll and Balotelli perhaps being some of the worst in our history. The point is that they are getting quite a lot right as well.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:06 am

Calm the f**k down Dev. Haha.

Agree on Coutinho and Sturridge.

Firmino, Lallana and Lovren are all getting better under Klopp, but still need to play at a consistent level this season to justify their price tags.

Mane has been here for a handful of games, enormous start but let's see how he goes in his first season before jumping to immediate conclusions.

Jury is still out on Origi and Can. Definitely can't put them in the same bracket as the names above just yet.

To be honest Clyne's game has gone backwards this season, every time he darts forward he can't seem to string a cross or forward pass which is just irratating. He had also been found wanting on a handful of goals so far.

Naming Stewart in this list is just silly.

Transfer committee has still a long, long way to go to undo the years of inept signings so far.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:09 pm

Keep it going Adam. 3 goals already to his name so far.
His becoming an integral part to Klopps system.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:27 am

Klopp has done a great job in getting the front four to work together and look downright frightening at times with their pace, passing and movement.

Lallana looks every bit like the 20m player we payed for a few seasons back.

They keep clicking like this, we should be able to finish in the top 4 by the end of the season and even give City a run for the league. 

Can't wait for us to put 4 past Manure in a few weeks time :buttrock
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby maguskwt » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:41 pm

He maybe the only player in our team who can do the cruyff turn effectively... his execution of the move was perfect for that assist to Mane...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:21 pm

eds » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:27 am wrote:Klopp has done a great job in getting the front four to work together and look downright frightening at times with their pace, passing and movement.

Lallana looks every bit like the 20m player we payed for a few seasons back.

They keep clicking like this, we should be able to finish in the top 4 by the end of the season and even give City a run for the league. 

Can't wait for us to put 4 past Manure in a few weeks time :buttrock

Yes Eds and Lallana is one of the players you have singled out in the past as a buying committee moneyball failure !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext