A case for the defence - Major overhaul?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC1990 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:27 am

Samba is on 90 k a week Benny

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:26 pm

Both wrong - it's 100k a week

We are not going to pay Samba 100k a week

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... et-1564261
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC1990 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:32 pm

Its 90k i have a quote from his agent saying its less than 100K. I t is 90k he is on with bonuses

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:34 pm

LFC1990 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:32 pm wrote:Its 90k i have a quote from his agent saying its less than 100K. I t is 90k he is on with bonuses

Can you show us the quote.

I wouldnt pay him anywhere near 50 grand a week. He isnt that good
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC1990 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:11 pm

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:15 pm

So he doesn't say it's 90 grand just less than the 100 grand.

I'm pretty confident that Samba is collecting a wage that befits the best players in the prem not an average CB

Samba will not be coming to us - he isn't good enough and he will continue to pick up his massive wages at QPR
Benny The Noon

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:17 am

Benny The Noon » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:15 pm wrote:
Samba will not be coming to us - he isn't good enough and he will continue to pick up his massive wages at QPR

Last month from the QPR chairman
Fernandes denied that Samba was being paid as much as £100,000-a-week and insisted that the defender would stay at the club should they be relegated – and did have a clause in his contract reducing his salary

Bearing in mind that according to Harry Redknapp Samba took a massive paycut to join QPR it's doubtful he'll want to take another one.

If QPR are relegated it's debatable if after just six months back in the prem Samba will be happy dropping down a division and may well look for a move.

Personally if the price was right I'd take him. With Carra going and Skrtle apparently on the way out (?) Samba may not be the most technically gifted of players but in terms of his size (just over 6ft 4") strength and desire he may be just what we need right now.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:40 pm

according to the echo today, coates and skrtel will both be allowed to leave in the summer which means we need to sign two centre backs. wisdom and kelly may both play there in the future but they're not ready yet to be playing week in week out.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby killerp » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:39 am

stmichael » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:40 am wrote:according to the echo today, coates and skrtel will both be allowed to leave in the summer which means we need to sign two centre backs. wisdom and kelly may both play there in the future but they're not ready yet to be playing week in week out.

Don't forget Carragher retiring so that makes 3 cb's we may need to sign. I just hope if we sign Ashley Williams it works out better than Allen & Boroni.
killerp

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:41 pm

the headlines on the back of yesterdays echo were `reds interested in williams`.
when williams said in the press a few weeks ago that he is mates with luis suarez and they text each other all the time people started to add 2 and 2 together and now the echo has confirmed what everyone thought.
cant say i`m over the moon with him arriving, i dont think he`s big enough or imposing enough to fix our defensive frailties.
he`s a decent defender but nothing special, i`d rather stick with skrtel tbh.
swansea have let more headed goals in than us!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:34 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:41 pm wrote:the headlines on the back of yesterdays echo were `reds interested in williams`.
when williams said in the press a few weeks ago that he is mates with luis suarez and they text each other all the time people started to add 2 and 2 together and now the echo has confirmed what everyone thought.
cant say i`m over the moon with him arriving, i dont think he`s big enough or imposing enough to fix our defensive frailties.

I think he is an OK defender but we need something else. I also don't like his attitude. And I'm tired of raiding the whole Swansea team. Surely there's someone else we can go after.

Unfortunately, we're not going after De Vrij, according to the echo.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:48 am

I'm just not convinced that BR system he employs protects the backline enough, especially with the kind of defenders we have.
To be able to cope they'd pretty much have to be world class.
Our midfield is just too slow and too weak when we have 2 or 3 of them to not be overrun.
I mean we had the exakt same backline last year and it worked fine. What changed....?
And I don't think tey became horrendous players just like that. No, they get less help now.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:08 am

Penguins » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:48 pm wrote:I'm just not convinced that BR system he employs protects the backline enough, especially with the kind of defenders we have.
To be able to cope they'd pretty much have to be world class.
Our midfield is just too slow and too weak when we have 2 or 3 of them to not be overrun.
I mean we had the exakt same backline last year and it worked fine. What changed....?
And I don't think tey became horrendous players just like that. No, they get less help now.

Nail. hits. head.

BANG ON.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby mkingdom » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:07 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:41 pm wrote:the headlines on the back of yesterdays echo were `reds interested in williams`.

He's too old (for our normal profile of targets) and Swansea will certainly want an Allen-esque fee for him, which makes no sense.

We need to look elsewhere for a commanding, tall (6ft 4 ish) dominating CB who isn't 19....preferably two of them!
mkingdom

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:06 pm

mkingdom » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:07 pm wrote:

He's too old (for our normal profile of targets) and Swansea will certainly want an Allen-esque fee for him, which makes no sense.

We need to look elsewhere for a commanding, tall (6ft 4 ish) dominating CB who isn't 19....preferably two of them!

i agree with you mate but wether we like it or not williams will be a liverpool player next season.
i think rodgers see`s him not only as a centre half but as a `strong character` within the dressing room, the managers leutenant on the pitch type of thing.
we probably do need a couple of strong characters out on the pitch who will bang a few heads together when we are having one of our off days but those players have got to be careful not to over do it, if the role goes to their heads they can cause murder behind the scene`s, before you know it team spirit has gone and players want out.
i believe one of the major reasons luis is prepared to give us another year is that he feels at home at anfield, i think he`s close mates with a lot of the players especially lucas, if all of a sudden players dread going into training of a morning because they know it will be a couple of hours of finger pointing and arguments then you are going to lose one or two who cant be @rsed with all that carry on.
managers have got to carefully weigh up the pro`s and cons before they bring in a strong experienced character into a particular dressing room.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion