The case for the defence. - Someone must have a clue.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:27 am

When we were 2-1 up I kinda got to thinking that if we didn't go through we would be bang unlucky. Ten points aint a bad return from six games and would be enough to take you comfortably through in most groups.
When I saw the final group table I noticed we had conceded three goals. That's three in six games, in the Champions League. Strikes me that Zones and Cones and the rest might not be so bad after all. Nobody talks about it anymore but Rafa seems to be sorting out the defence a bit aswell. Is he the man or what?
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:40 am

Yeah i would say our defense has been playing very well for having such an inexperienced (and imo a inferior keeper at the moment)  Carragher has really stepped up his game, while Hyypia is really starting to show his age.  If we can find some cash to pump into our defence we could really take charge of more games and make up for our lack of consistent offense.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:37 am

I don't agree with the inferior 'keeper part but Hyppia has been really exposed so many times of late. He is good in the air and has the experience to overcome/tackle quicker opponents but has been found wanting once too often. Rivaldo is not as quick footed as before but he still caused Hyppia enough problems.

Carra has improved by leaps and bounds and really epitomise high work ethics and max effort. If only Kewell can muster 25% of the effort Carra shows every time, we'd have a decent left sided attacker.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion