5 reds released - Rafa starts summer clearout

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon May 23, 2005 3:05 pm

Taken From liverpoolfc.tv

Republic of Ireland Under-21 international winger Richie Partridge and defender Jon Otsemobor head a list of five players that have been released by Liverpool. 
Partridge and Otsemobor are leaving Anfield alongside goalkeepers Paul Harrison and Patrice Luzi as well as England Under-20 international striker Mark Smyth.

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has also told Czech Republic ace Vladimir Smicer that he can leave the Reds at the end of the season, bringing his six year association with the Reds to an end. Smicer is now hoping he can have one final great moment in a Liverpool shirt by helping the Reds to Champions League glory against AC Milan on Wednesday night.

Partridge made just three appearances for Liverpool and this season featured in the Carling Cup wins against Middlesbrough and Tottenham Hotspur. He spent the entire 2003/04 season out on loan at Coventry City.

Right back Jon Otsemobor spent three months on loan at Crewe Alexandra at the start of this season. Last season he made six appearances for the first team before the previous manager Gerard Houllier sent him out on loan to Bolton Wanderers.

England Under-20 striker Mark Smyth, a boyhood Liverpool fan, made one appearance for the first team but he leaves with a good memories as it was against Tottenham Hotspur in the Carling Cup quarter-final.

French goalkeeper Patrice Luzi was signed by Gerard Houllier from Monaco in the summer of 2002 and made just one first team appearances as a substitute for the injured Jerzy Dudek in a 1-0 win against Chelsea in 2003.

Reserve team goalkeeper Paul Harrison has also been released without making a first team appearance.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon May 23, 2005 3:06 pm

No surprises there really. But goodluck to them for the future.
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Mon May 23, 2005 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 65-1114725958 » Mon May 23, 2005 3:32 pm

Rafa told Biscan he was going at the end of the season too, hamann will be gone as his contract has expired and he aint be offered a new one. likely destination- bolton.

Milan possibly gone, although i wouldnt sell him, as Morientes has yet to prove himself.
Kewell should be gone and traore too, if you ask me.

bring in 4/5 new  world class players.
65-1114725958

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon May 23, 2005 3:36 pm

yer I think that what iv seen of morientes he looks lazy and kewell has had enough time to impress and hasnt. I think biscan deserves a new contract for his performances especially in the champions league. Wouldn't be surprised if hamann went because I can't really see him displacing gerrard and alonso but I would keep traore because he has had a good season and wold be good as back up should we sign a new full back (possibly evra)
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 23, 2005 4:27 pm

Jon Otsemobor looked handy when he first came into the first team but i don't think he's good enough....probably could do a decent job in div1 tho.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon May 23, 2005 4:29 pm

Yer crewe were interested in signing him permanently when he was on loan there because he was putting in some decent performances.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon May 23, 2005 4:30 pm

Who do you think RB would bring in this summer ?
LiverpoolMadman

Postby lawrenson_sarah » Mon May 23, 2005 4:37 pm

Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:Rafa told Biscan he was going at the end of the season too, hamann will be gone as his contract has expired and he aint be offered a new one. likely destination- bolton.

Milan possibly gone, although i wouldnt sell him, as Morientes has yet to prove himself.
Kewell should be gone and traore too, if you ask me.

Not really that surprised ...

I dont think Biscan should go, but the rest you mentions probaly yeh!
www.myspace.com/lawrenson_sarah

www.sarahlawrenson.piczo.com

He's scouse, he's sound. He'll T-w-a-t you with a pound Carragher - Carragher
lawrenson_sarah
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Mon May 23, 2005 4:54 pm

Ostemer (spelling?) looked decent when he had a chance, he might become a premiership player - good luck to the lad. I 'm surprised he was let go.

I haven't seen much of Partridge, I know he has played for some of the Irish teams (under age) and was wondering how good he is (Rafa obviously doesn't think too much of him but all managers make errors.).
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Mon May 23, 2005 5:26 pm

This is old news. I wrote about this 2 weeks back.

Posted: May 13 2005,16:18   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Liverpool released 5 players today. These are:

Otsemobor
Partridge
Smyth
Harrison
Luzi

They have all had their chance to take responsibility and work hard to become LFC players. But they have all failed. Benitez will no longer stand by and accept that the reserves and youth teams collect trash and finishes bottom of their table. He has introduced new training methods and has taken a great interest in our youngsters. And it was long overdue that these lads were released. Several others will follow. Lets hope the youngsters and the reserves at least can make a mid table finish next year. As it is we are producing LOSERS.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Sean » Mon May 23, 2005 5:29 pm

If Hamann goes we have to find a decent replacement.  His ability to defend the back four and his ball winning abilities will be difficult to replace.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Mon May 23, 2005 5:33 pm

So it begins, the big clearout at the Anfield.

I just wonder who will be the first acquisition ?

Reina, Joaquin, damn i'd just want to know how our line-up will look like after the summer. :)
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joependo » Mon May 23, 2005 6:38 pm

Why don't we loan them out like Sinama he got loaned out to a french club and he came back more confident and more into the game.Patrice Luzi is a good keeper(he is not the best)i watched him in the reserves against Everton and he saved some good shots(don't ask me what score it was i can't rememebe.Ages Ago)
joependo

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 23, 2005 7:00 pm

as soon as spain ends we will get a load of valencia players, especially since they didnt qualify for champs league and may not even qualify for uefa
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite » Mon May 23, 2005 7:06 pm

Cant wait too get Reina and joaquin i'd be the happiest man alive if they came .
kopite

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion