The great anfield summer clearout - Should they stay or should they go?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ethanr » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:01 am

Reg wrote:I suspect Charlie Adam has had his chance and blown it.... hence the media seem to be stirring the pot at present to keep him in the frame.
we have the time to go out and find someone better and cheaper.

5 goals in the 5 games since his chance to move.  He's been on fire.  He's proven that even when a big club comes calling and he wants to go, he is still willing to fight his hardest, no matter what club he plays for.  He wanted to leave, was blocked, and still gives 100%.  How do you suppose he blew it? He wanted to leave, put in a transfer request, and was blocked.  He really did everything in his power to get a transfer and in the end, it didn't go through.

What do you expect him to do? Pull a masch and refuse to play?  We don't want players at our club like that.  That's very unprofessional and show's a horrible attitude.  We want players that give 100% through thick and thin, no matter what happens. 

He knows in order to continue in his career, he needs to move on to a bigger club.  But he has shown that he does hold loyalty.  Yea, he asked for a transfer request, but he needed to and not many people will deny that.  He did it in a very professional manner tho.  He didn't complain, he didn't talk garbage on Halloway or anybody for that matter.  he sat back and let things happen.  When it didn't happen, it didn't happen.  He hasn't said anything since except that he is willing to play his heart out for Blackpool and that he couldn't have gotten where he is now without his teammates.

Respectful, humble, professional, and dam talented.  That's the player we want at our club.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:15 pm

ethanr wrote:And the thing about Adam Johnson... there was literally like one article saying we would try to buy him and we are linked with him.  I would love to sign him.  He's pacey, he can cross and his shot is beyond incredible.  He shoots as hard and almost as accurately as Stevie does.  But I really don't think city will sell him, especially not to us.  He still plays at times and is a great player.  If they sell him, it won't be to direct competition. 

If they sold him to us tho, it could possibly be my favorite signing of the summer.

don't go out to buy a shirt with his name on just yet - ain't gonna happen. would take a massive turn around from all 3 parties involved. we didn't want him, man city don't want to sell him, he's happy at city. end of.

good player though
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:43 pm

Reg wrote:I suspect Charlie Adam has had his chance and blown it.... hence the media seem to be stirring the pot at present to keep him in the frame.

personally i'd be astounded if adam's not a liverpool player next season.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:01 pm

Well I bow to your superior knolwedge opf the guy but ..... I`m not sure he`s champions material.
Last edited by Reg on Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:06 pm

Reg wrote:Well I bow to your superior knolwedge opf the guy but ..... I`m not sure he`s champions material.

well he is better than poulsen

don't think we can find a cheaper alternative anyways, Adam would cost us around 6m or 7m tops, maybe James mccarthy would be cheaper if Wigan gets relegated.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:58 pm

metalhead wrote:
Reg wrote:Well I bow to your superior knolwedge opf the guy but ..... I`m not sure he`s champions material.

don't think we can find a cheaper alternative anyways, Adam would cost us around 6m or 7m tops, maybe James mccarthy would be cheaper if Wigan gets relegated.

i reckon adam should he come here would be a great addition and he would stand out as one of our better performers.
he has natural talent and is a clever player.its harsh to say he isnt champion material when our team atm clearly isnt either,and adam has the ability to be a part of a winning team.

id say it will take at least £8mil to get him as he will have his choice of clubs in the summer,namely manure and spuds.
didnt mc carthy refuse us to sign for wigan in the first place? so what makes you think he would sign for us now?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby jimmy brighton » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:22 pm

metalhead wrote:

When we failed to sign him in the January window, I always had a hunch that there may have been a shake of hands on "Okay, you stay at Blackpool to enable them to stay in the Prem this season (therefore strengthening Blackpool's hold as a prem side) and we'll have you at the end of the season". Didn't Spurs get a £12 million snubbed? If indeed we are to get him for £6 or £7 million
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:35 pm

With regards to Adam, I wish we signed him in January but whether better (or more importantly, more suitable) becomes available in the summer he may not be a necessary acquistion, though imo if Kenny still wants him then I'm happy to welcome him without question :)
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:04 pm

jimmy brighton wrote:
metalhead wrote:

When we failed to sign him in the January window, I always had a hunch that there may have been a shake of hands on "Okay, you stay at Blackpool to enable them to stay in the Prem this season (therefore strengthening Blackpool's hold as a prem side) and we'll have you at the end of the season". Didn't Spurs get a £12 million snubbed? If indeed we are to get him for £6 or £7 million

it was £7mil apparently :eyebrow .
20 mins before the deadline and just wasnt enough time to get the paperwork done.
mc carthy has a longer contract and is younger so i'd say he'd cost at least £8mil.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:14 pm

Greavesie wrote:With regards to Adam, I wish we signed him in January but whether better (or more importantly, more suitable) becomes available in the summer he may not be a necessary acquistion, though imo if Kenny still wants him then I'm happy to welcome him without question :)

id definately welcome better :nod .but for what we would pay for him,his wage demands wouldnt be crazy,he's only 25 and has a great debut season behind him already.i'd seriously doubt we'd get any better in that price range.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloMedina28 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:19 am

metalhead wrote:
PabloMedina28 wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:you have an unhealthy obsession with kids Pablo  :D

I guess it all started when that priest touched me. Are you Tarn Reds dad?

Is that a picture of you? Cant you afford shoes or something? is your hair that :censored: in real life?
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:42 am

:laugh:

ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:24 pm

jimmy brighton wrote:
metalhead wrote:

Hasnt Comoli just re-iterated that summer targets will consist of players that we had already identified for january. Order the Adam shirt now.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:02 am

Without being in Europe we can’t justify having such a large squad of players and leaving our talented youngsters in reserve in case of injury. I think it has to be a case of having no more than 25 players for the first team squad and then the U18s. Priorities for the summer:

-A first choice centreback to be partnered by either Carragher or Agger
-A first choice leftback
-First choice left and right sided midfielders/attackers in order to bring some  more pace/trickery/dribbling/creativity to the team
-A genuine anchor man for the centre of midfield
-Some quality competition upfront to complement Suarez and Carroll

Going on the basis that we want a squad no larger than 25 players but want two decent players in each position we need to target up to 8 signings this summer if we want to make a push for the top 4.

Reina
                            Jones
                          Bouzanis

Johnson   Carragher    New CB     New LB
Kelly           Skrtel         Agger       Aurelio

New RM    New CM     Gerrard    New LM
Kuyt        Spearing     Meireles    New LM
                                  Lucas

Suarez    Carroll
                     New CF   New CF

The following players should be sold:
Aquilani
Cole
Poulsen
Jovanovic
Ngog
Maxi
Konchesky
Kyrgiakos
Degen
Insua
Darby
El Zhar

The following players should be granted season long loans at the highest level possible where they will play regularly:
Wilson
Ayala
Pacheco
Ince
Eccleston
Amoo
Mavinga
Hansen
Gulacsi
Shelvey
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:20 am

stmichael wrote:

personally i'd be astounded if adam's not a liverpool player next season.

I agree.  The only player I'm almost certain we will be signing this summer is Charlie Adam.

I believe he's already said he wants to come to Liverpool over spuds because he's a realist and knows that he can fight his way into the starting 11 here, but at spuds there's just too much competition.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion