The great anfield summer clearout - Should they stay or should they go?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:52 am

the return of HAS wrote:The following players should be sold:
Aquilani
Cole
Poulsen
Jovanovic
Ngog
Maxi
Konchesky
Kyrgiakos
Degen
Insua
Darby
El Zhar

If we can recoup some money selling the players below, I think it will be great business IMO

Sales forecast (projected)
Aquilani - 13m
Cole - 5m
Poulsen - 2m
Jovanovic - 3m
Ngog - 3m
Maxi - 2m
Konchesky - 2m
Kyrgiakos - 1.5m
Degen - 1m
Insua - 4m
Darby - 500k
El Zhar - 1m

so that is around 38m, fantastic business plus lets say 35m transfer budget so in total we would have 73m to spend on players!

If my maths is correct
:D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:54 am

metalhead wrote:
the return of HAS wrote:The following players should be sold:
Aquilani
Cole
Poulsen
Jovanovic
Ngog
Maxi
Konchesky
Kyrgiakos
Degen
Insua
Darby
El Zhar

If we can recoup some money selling the players below, I think it will be great business IMO

Sales forecast (projected)
Aquilani - 13m
Cole - 5m
Poulsen - 2m
Jovanovic - 3m
Ngog - 3m
Maxi - 2m
Konchesky - 2m
Kyrgiakos - 1.5m
Degen - 1m
Insua - 4m
Darby - 500k
El Zhar - 1m

so that is around 38m, fantastic business plus lets say 35m transfer budget so in total we would have 73m to spend on players!

If my maths is correct
:D

I don't give a feck if your math is right...

I just want the 73 million in transfers  :D
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby shabelle50 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:40 am

I think this is all getting ahead of ourselves. As Barnes said the other day you can't think about selling until you've bought. I doubt that we'll find buyers for all of those players just like that. £73 million will bring in three £20 million players and one for £13 million and then we'll have a reduced squad in terms of numbers.

I agree the squad needs an overhaul but it will take more than window to do it and a lot more than £73 million.
shabelle50

Postby ethanr » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:03 am

I don't think MH or me were saying it would be easy to sell all those players... It was a somewhat joking claim I believe...

But if you look at it, Charlie Adam and Matt Jarvis could cost 18 million combined. Tawio on a free possibly? Enrique for 8 or Baines for 12?  Let's say Baines, that's already 3 players for 30 million.

43 million left for a CB, let's say we pay 20 for Cahill, 23 left for another winger, Young would go for that much easy.

That's 5 core players we need and we should qualify for champions league next season, and the title the next.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Reg » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:28 am

ethanr wrote:That's 5 core players we need and we should qualify for champions league next season, and the title the next.

So what we're saying is that HALF the first team aren't good enough........ a MAMMOUTH rebuild task and folks in other threads want to blame KK fior the fact we aren't top 4 yet!

When Wafa took over he said winning the league was a 5 year project, when Woy took over etc..  so if folks believe half the team isn't good enough and by definition the reserves must be sub-par as well it shows its more important to get the back room right before tackling the pitch.

Steve Clarke was a great fiind, Comolli will show his colours soon enough and KK will buy the club TIME. But the job of creating a league winning club structure and squad will take years. KK wont achieve it being a short term fix to a medium term problem.... but I hope his successor will.

If all this wasn't enough, the club also has to financially structure a new stadium (one way or the other) with the resultant drop in revenue at the exact time we need a boost to pay for the incoming players and wages and of course to offset the inevitable mistaken purchases that will occur in the next 3-4 years.

Moores sold to T&T because he couldn't take the club to the next level and build a new stadium. That mistake and resultant 3 years of financial agony (fortunately wiped clean by Grabbo g.od bless him) will haunt teh club for 5-6-7  years.

But lets not blame Kenny. Don't blame the helmsman steering the ship if the the rivets start popping on the hull.
Last edited by Reg on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:58 am

We do not need wholesale changes. We do not need to sell half the players listed above.

What we need is two or three key signings. Players who will inspire the rest and make them fight for their places in the team. If we got some useful players in then you will have a knocl on effect of the rest improving as the team improves.. there is dead wood of course, but not half the squad.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:51 am

crazyhorse wrote:We do not need wholesale changes. We do not need to sell half the players listed above.

What we need is two or three key signings. Players who will inspire the rest and make them fight for their places in the team. If we got some useful players in then you will have a knocl on effect of the rest improving as the team improves.. there is dead wood of course, but not half the squad.

Personally i disagree, i think thats exactly this club needs, is to be rid of the type of player that screams medicore.

Those 8/10/12 players mentioned by probably 90% of the posters in this thread are surplus to requirements imo.

The sooner we are rid of the players who do not have the ability or desire this club deserves, the sooner we can move forward.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:56 pm

If anyone wants Carrol for anywhere close to the price we bought him for I would sell him and buy Crouch. Same kind of player but cheaper and better.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:23 pm

Kukilon wrote:If anyone wants Carrol for anywhere close to the price we bought him for I would sell him and buy Crouch. Same kind of player but cheaper and better.

To be honest nobody would pay anywhere what we paid for Carroll
Thommo's perm

Postby dawson99 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:58 pm

Kukilon wrote:If anyone wants Carrol for anywhere close to the price we bought him for I would sell him and buy Crouch. Same kind of player but cheaper and better.

Post of the year that  :D

We over paid for Carroll because we oversold Torres. Carroll is an awesome player. He had a bad game and now the eejits want him replaced with...Crouch, I truly despair
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:02 pm

A bit of a downturn in the Reds fortunes under Kenny ,and all the usual whining tools are back on the forum moaning about the players we have . I expected as much, but I thought they might have abstained till next season .....Anyway for all the beauts who believe themselves to be funny (TRUST ME YOUR FUCKING NOT ) it takes more than wearing clown shoes to be a comedian (SEE ROY HODGSON )
If I'm honest this is why this place is bereft of people who used to proffer sensible (and certainly not kneejerk ) posts .....
See you next season
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:21 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:A bit of a downturn in the Reds fortunes under Kenny ,and all the usual whining tools are back on the forum moaning about the players we have . I expected as much, but I thought they might have abstained till next season .....Anyway for all the beauts who believe themselves to be funny (TRUST ME YOUR FUCKING NOT ) it takes more than wearing clown shoes to be a comedian (SEE ROY HODGSON )
If I'm honest this is why this place is bereft of people who used to proffer sensible (and certainly not kneejerk ) posts .....
See you next season

we're agreeing!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:41 pm

Reg wrote:
ethanr wrote:That's 5 core players we need and we should qualify for champions league next season, and the title the next.

So what we're saying is that HALF the first team aren't good enough........ a MAMMOUTH rebuild task and folks in other threads want to blame KK fior the fact we aren't top 4 yet!

When Wafa took over he said winning the league was a 5 year project, when Woy took over etc..  so if folks believe half the team isn't good enough and by definition the reserves must be sub-par as well it shows its more important to get the back room right before tackling the pitch.

Steve Clarke was a great fiind, Comolli will show his colours soon enough and KK will buy the club TIME. But the job of creating a league winning club structure and squad will take years. KK wont achieve it being a short term fix to a medium term problem.... but I hope his successor will.

If all this wasn't enough, the club also has to financially structure a new stadium (one way or the other) with the resultant drop in revenue at the exact time we need a boost to pay for the incoming players and wages and of course to offset the inevitable mistaken purchases that will occur in the next 3-4 years.

Moores sold to T&T because he couldn't take the club to the next level and build a new stadium. That mistake and resultant 3 years of financial agony (fortunately wiped clean by Grabbo g.od bless him) will haunt teh club for 5-6-7  years.

But lets not blame Kenny. Don't blame the helmsman steering the ship if the the rivets start popping on the hull.

Good post,

Totally agree with that we have went 5 or 6 years behind because of T&T, we just need to be patient and get a bigger stadium so we can generate more revenues, especially that the fifa fair play thing comes into effect next season.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:48 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:A bit of a downturn in the Reds fortunes under Kenny ,and all the usual whining tools are back on the forum moaning about the players we have . I expected as much, but I thought they might have abstained till next season .....Anyway for all the beauts who believe themselves to be funny (TRUST ME YOUR FUCKING NOT ) it takes more than wearing clown shoes to be a comedian (SEE ROY HODGSON )
See you next season

:down:
Thommo's perm

Postby supersub » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:25 pm

dawson99 wrote:
See you next season

we're agreeing!!!

And me :D
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion