The great anfield summer clearout - Should they stay or should they go?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby PabloMedina28 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:55 pm

ethanr wrote:
Reg wrote:I suspect Charlie Adam has had his chance and blown it.... hence the media seem to be stirring the pot at present to keep him in the frame.
we have the time to go out and find someone better and cheaper.

5 goals in the 5 games since his chance to move.  He's been on fire.  He's proven that even when a big club comes calling and he wants to go, he is still willing to fight his hardest, no matter what club he plays for.  He wanted to leave, was blocked, and still gives 100%.  How do you suppose he blew it? He wanted to leave, put in a transfer request, and was blocked.  He really did everything in his power to get a transfer and in the end, it didn't go through.

What do you expect him to do? Pull a masch and refuse to play?  We don't want players at our club like that.  That's very unprofessional and show's a horrible attitude.  We want players that give 100% through thick and thin, no matter what happens. 

He knows in order to continue in his career, he needs to move on to a bigger club.  But he has shown that he does hold loyalty.  Yea, he asked for a transfer request, but he needed to and not many people will deny that.  He did it in a very professional manner tho.  He didn't complain, he didn't talk garbage on Halloway or anybody for that matter.  he sat back and let things happen.  When it didn't happen, it didn't happen.  He hasn't said anything since except that he is willing to play his heart out for Blackpool and that he couldn't have gotten where he is now without his teammates.

Respectful, humble, professional, and dam talented.  That's the player we want at our club.

Totally agree. I dont think thiers many players out there who represent better value for money.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloMedina28 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:18 pm

Reg wrote:
ethanr wrote:That's 5 core players we need and we should qualify for champions league next season, and the title the next.

So what we're saying is that HALF the first team aren't good enough........ a MAMMOUTH rebuild task and folks in other threads want to blame KK fior the fact we aren't top 4 yet!

When Wafa took over he said winning the league was a 5 year project, when Woy took over etc..  so if folks believe half the team isn't good enough and by definition the reserves must be sub-par as well it shows its more important to get the back room right before tackling the pitch.

Steve Clarke was a great fiind, Comolli will show his colours soon enough and KK will buy the club TIME. But the job of creating a league winning club structure and squad will take years. KK wont achieve it being a short term fix to a medium term problem.... but I hope his successor will.

If all this wasn't enough, the club also has to financially structure a new stadium (one way or the other) with the resultant drop in revenue at the exact time we need a boost to pay for the incoming players and wages and of course to offset the inevitable mistaken purchases that will occur in the next 3-4 years.

Moores sold to T&T because he couldn't take the club to the next level and build a new stadium. That mistake and resultant 3 years of financial agony (fortunately wiped clean by Grabbo g.od bless him) will haunt teh club for 5-6-7  years.

But lets not blame Kenny. Don't blame the helmsman steering the ship if the the rivets start popping on the hull.

Havent been on the match threads so i dont know whos been getting the blames, but its certinly cant be aimed at Kenny, surely. I think we already have the stability back in this club, the moment we got rid of the yanks the stability  was back because everyone felt a huge weight had been lifted from the club. if we keep Kenny and Clarke next season well be on the right track. Id look at the medical team and Sammy lees positions if it was up to me. I dont think its a 5 6 7 year job, it all depends on how fast we act on rebuilding the squad thats why most people are excited at the prspect of a busy summer.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:37 pm

There is no miracle in football. All you have to do is spend money and pray that you bought the right footballers tied in with a slice of luck thrown in here and there. There are no football professors or magicians, no secret formulas. NESV need to throw money at it and ensure the right guy spends it and we will improve.Short of that it will always be an uphill struggle against superior spending power and thats a big hurdle for us, the biggest of all really.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Dalglish » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:36 pm

Reg wrote:
ethanr wrote:That's 5 core players we need and we should qualify for champions league next season, and the title the next.

So what we're saying is that HALF the first team aren't good enough........ a MAMMOUTH rebuild task and folks in other threads want to blame KK fior the fact we aren't top 4 yet!

When Wafa took over he said winning the league was a 5 year project, when Woy took over etc..  so if folks believe half the team isn't good enough and by definition the reserves must be sub-par as well it shows its more important to get the back room right before tackling the pitch.

Steve Clarke was a great fiind, Comolli will show his colours soon enough and KK will buy the club TIME. But the job of creating a league winning club structure and squad will take years. KK wont achieve it being a short term fix to a medium term problem.... but I hope his successor will.

If all this wasn't enough, the club also has to financially structure a new stadium (one way or the other) with the resultant drop in revenue at the exact time we need a boost to pay for the incoming players and wages and of course to offset the inevitable mistaken purchases that will occur in the next 3-4 years.

Moores sold to T&T because he couldn't take the club to the next level and build a new stadium. That mistake and resultant 3 years of financial agony (fortunately wiped clean by Grabbo g.od bless him) will haunt teh club for 5-6-7  years.

But lets not blame Kenny. Don't blame the helmsman steering the ship if the the rivets start popping on the hull.

Top quality post...........

Whats happened to you Reg whilst I've been away, you have stopped talking Bollox !  :D

The 5 year plan that Rafa talked about is back to square 1 as far as I'm concerned which is why you doubt Kenny will be around.

To use the Ship analogy, we are grateful to KK for keeping it afloat and bringing us safely into harbour but ultimately it will be for another to bring us the Holy Grail.

This summer will be as important as ever and not qualifying for Europe will hopefully help us get rid of those fickle players who feel it their divine right to be playing in Europe and attract the right kind of players who want to play for this great club without the guarantee of European football.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:30 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Kukilon wrote:If anyone wants Carrol for anywhere close to the price we bought him for I would sell him and buy Crouch. Same kind of player but cheaper and better.

Post of the year that  :D

We over paid for Carroll because we oversold Torres. Carroll is an awesome player. He had a bad game and now the eejits want him replaced with...Crouch, I truly despair

All of his games have been bad so far and sure he have been getting back from injury. I'm not saying he is totally :censored: but he ruins our way of play so far with the rest of the team relying on his height to hoof balls and so far he has shown no signs of being a good football player. He gets beat physically way to easy for his size. His attitude haven't been the best either. He has been whining to the refs every situation he is mixed up in.

I hope I'm wrong.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:46 pm

Kukilon wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
Kukilon wrote:If anyone wants Carrol for anywhere close to the price we bought him for I would sell him and buy Crouch. Same kind of player but cheaper and better.

Post of the year that  :D

We over paid for Carroll because we oversold Torres. Carroll is an awesome player. He had a bad game and now the eejits want him replaced with...Crouch, I truly despair

All of his games have been bad so far and sure he have been getting back from injury. I'm not saying he is totally :censored: but he ruins our way of play so far with the rest of the team relying on his height to hoof balls and so far he has shown no signs of being a good football player. He gets beat physically way to easy for his size. His attitude haven't been the best either. He has been whining to the refs every situation he is mixed up in.

I hope I'm wrong.

I'm also worried, not too much about Carroll himself but by the way the team will play with him in the side. So far all my worries have been confirmed, we're going to pump it long  :( Hopefully with some quality players coming in during the summer this will change this, our current long ball game.

With the likes of Skertel and Carragher in the side and a midfield pair infront of them in Spearing and Lucas we're caught between the devil and the deep blue sea. The two midfielders can't make incisive passes and look to just offload it quickly and when Carra or Skert get the ball, they just lump it; if they're not passing it to the dynamic duo infront of them. Add on that, there's no width as an outlet either and we're for the time being) up s.hit creek without a paddle.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:55 pm

keep this group of players. everyone else can leave.

GK - Reina, Gulacsi
DEF - Johnson, Agger, Wilson, Carragher, Kelly, Darby, Skrtel,
MID - Meireles, Gerrard, Lucas, Shelvey
AM - Cole, Pacheco,
ST - Suarez, Carroll, Kuyt
maypaxvobiscum

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:28 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:keep this group of players. everyone else can leave.

GK - Reina, Gulacsi
AM - Cole, Pacheco,

I agree, although I would keep Ngog. As bad as he is sometimes if Lucas is anything to go by being young means you have the potential to turn things around.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:45 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:keep this group of players. everyone else can leave.

GK - Reina, Gulacsi
AM - Cole, Pacheco,

I agree, although I would keep Ngog. As bad as he is sometimes if Lucas is anything to go by being young means you have the potential to turn things around.

but he doesn't seem to have the physicality to play. he is easily pushed off the ball, doesn't have much tactical intelligence and is caught offside too often. the consolation though, is that he is young and can improve to a certain extent.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby PabloMedina28 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:44 am

dawson99 wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:A bit of a downturn in the Reds fortunes under Kenny ,and all the usual whining tools are back on the forum moaning about the players we have . I expected as much, but I thought they might have abstained till next season .....Anyway for all the beauts who believe themselves to be funny (TRUST ME YOUR FUCKING NOT ) it takes more than wearing clown shoes to be a comedian (SEE ROY HODGSON )
If I'm honest this is why this place is bereft of people who used to proffer sensible (and certainly not kneejerk ) posts .....
See you next season

we're agreeing!!!

This aint Last of the Summer Wine lads, times change.

I think the majority of people who say sell half the sqaud have been saying that for the past 2 years maybe more. The people who dont rate Kuyt or Lucas etc. havent ever rated them.

In mho i dont think there are as many kneejerk posters on here then you make out.

I for one dont miss the boring :censored: like Big Mick who wrote a novel everytime they had something to say. Long winded fart that he was  :D
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:52 pm

perhaps a certain club in Greece can help us out with players like Jovanovic, Aurelio and Maxi. last time i checked, they had Cisse, Garcia, Leto and Plessis on their books :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:34 pm

PabloMedina28 wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:A bit of a downturn in the Reds fortunes under Kenny ,and all the usual whining tools are back on the forum moaning about the players we have . I expected as much, but I thought they might have abstained till next season .....Anyway for all the beauts who believe themselves to be funny (TRUST ME YOUR FUCKING NOT ) it takes more than wearing clown shoes to be a comedian (SEE ROY HODGSON )
If I'm honest this is why this place is bereft of people who used to proffer sensible (and certainly not kneejerk ) posts .....
See you next season

we're agreeing!!!

This aint Last of the Summer Wine lads, times change.

I think the majority of people who say sell half the sqaud have been saying that for the past 2 years maybe more. The people who dont rate Kuyt or Lucas etc. havent ever rated them.

In mho i dont think there are as many kneejerk posters on here then you make out.

I for one dont miss the boring :censored: like Big Mick who wrote a novel everytime they had something to say. Long winded fart that he was  :D

That's the thing IT ISN'T KNEE JERK, people have been saying this for ages/years now.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion