Whats on tv  ? - Stuff to watch

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby babu » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:57 pm

Benny The Noon » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:38 pm wrote:
babu » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:34 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:19 am wrote:Why do I need to hook up my laptop when what I want to watch is on the Sky Box already ? And certainly no need to go searching for program's I have never heard off from another country

See thread title, use imagination to infer further than TV.

And my initial post was about a tv show and how I was enjoying it ! I really currently can't see what the fecking problem is because it appears it's some crime that I didn't watch some Scandinavian/American version on the Internet when I have never heard of it ! What exactly is the problem !

No problem I can see, not sure why you are getting upset.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:23 pm

Benny The Noon » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:38 pm wrote: I really currently can't see what the fecking problem is because it appears it's some crime that I didn't watch some Scandinavian/American version on the Internet when I have never heard of it ! What exactly is the problem !

Problem ? Crime ?  Stop being such a f'ucking drama queen, the only one talking about "problem" or "crime" is you. I merely asked you to "catch up" and pointed out the show was a remake of a Scandanavian production that had already been remade once and aired by the Americans.

As usual you choose to take great offence over a non-issue.

btw I forgot to mention that the original Scandanavian production was shown on BBC4 last year and not just on the internet.

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:43 pm

Meanwhile (as we try to get back on track) for those of us awaiting the return of Game of Thrones here's some stuff they didn't show us in earlier seasons.

:laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:35 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:23 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:38 pm wrote: I really currently can't see what the fecking problem is because it appears it's some crime that I didn't watch some Scandinavian/American version on the Internet when I have never heard of it ! What exactly is the problem !

Problem ? Crime ?  Stop being such a f'ucking drama queen, the only one talking about "problem" or "crime" is you. I merely asked you to "catch up" and pointed out the show was a remake of a Scandanavian production that had already been remade once and aired by the Americans.

As usual you choose to take great offence over a non-issue.

btw I forgot to mention that the original Scandanavian production was shown on BBC4 last year and not just on the internet.

:D

Apologies didn't realise you "merely" asked me in a post dripping with sarcasm - will remember that in future when I enjoy programmes to have a quick check around the countries and internet to ensure I catch up   :rasp
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:48 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:23 am wrote:Anybody been watching "Elementary"

Sherlock Holmes as a recovering addict is now living in New York and working as a "consultant" with the NYPD.

Starring Johnny Lee Miller as Sherlock, (some might remember him from Trainspotting plus a stint in "Dexter) and Lucy Liu (her with the wonky eye) as Watson the show took a while to grow on me but ultimately  now in it's second season it's proved to be a pretty good watch.

On the subject of Sherlock Holmes the much superior "Sherlock" starring Benedict Cumberbatch returns for a third season in the US on January 19th 2014 but dates for UK release have not been announced.

A truly outstanding show, it's been nigh on two years since we last saw Sherlock jumping off a tall building apparently to his death, can't wait to pick up the story again.

:buttrock

Elementary grabbed early doors but then he got annoying - I still have the rest of series one on the Sky box just in case but it lost its early appeal for me
Benny The Noon

Postby laza » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:30 am

woof woof ! » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:23 pm wrote:On the subject of Sherlock Holmes the much superior "Sherlock" starring Benedict Cumberbatch returns for a third season in the US on January 19th 2014 but dates for UK release have not been announced.

A truly outstanding show, it's been nigh on two years since we last saw Sherlock jumping off a tall building apparently to his death, can't wait to pick up the story again.

:buttrock

While I didn't enjoy second series as much the first im also looking to return of Sherlock.
Im amazed Benedict got time to film the series, he seems to be in everything these days
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:32 pm

Homeland iz da shyte
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:53 pm

Great conclusion to this seasons Boardwalk Empire with some major characters taken out or just imprisoned  :D

Sons of Anarchy still got my attention and again major characters are given the bullet.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:26 am

The Big Bang Theory still hilarious  :laugh:

Family Guy is dead to me  :no
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:05 am

Big Bang got its groove back with extra characters after a couple of dodgy seasons

Walking Dead has gone into another quagmire for me, hopefully next weeks mid season finale will give it a kickstart
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:19 am

I wish there was a spin-off to Prison Break. That was probably the best TV series I've ever seen.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:20 am

Oh and I hope the Governor dies in the season finale of Walking Dead.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby laza » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:31 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:20 pm wrote:Oh and I hope the Governor dies in the season finale of Walking Dead.

Amen to that

Watched first episode of Almost human futuristic Robo cop like cop buddy drama, while it a fairly generic setup the pilot type episode.

Certainly looks to have potential with Kiwi actor of Star Trek fame Karl Urban in the lead role, Minka Kelly provides the eye candy
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:00 pm

the new walking dead is great  :nod

btw , hello everyone
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:05 pm

Welcome back old man :)
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext