Whats on tv  ? - Stuff to watch

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby maguskwt » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:05 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:15 am wrote:Was getting a bit tired with the new season of Homeland but last weeks latest twist involving Carrie and the nut house has got me hooked all over again.

Currently, probably the most gripping show on TV.

After season 2 I'm very reluctant to watch season 3. Season 2 had made it so that the audience doesn't know whether he is working for CIA or the terrorists. Is he a double agent or a triple agent? No wait... He is a quadruple agent! They can twist it anyway they want... And that's cheap. Season 1 was however one of the best exciting story line ever...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:15 pm

Not been impressed so fast with this series. Expect it to go better though.
Benny The Noon

Postby metalhead » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:23 am

Homeland and Blacklist have been awesome so far!!  :buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:20 pm

The recent episode has started to get better on homeland

Blacklist is ok so far. Think could lose interest in it.
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:06 pm

Enjoying The Tunnel. Really good drama
Benny The Noon

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:49 pm

Benny The Noon » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:06 pm wrote:Enjoying The Tunnel. Really good drama

:sleepy:

Catch up Benny. apart from the original Scandinavian series the show has already been reproduced and aired in it's entirety as "The Bridge" in the US .

Available in the uk to anyone who knows how to operate a computer.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:56 pm

Why would I know what is being aired in the US when I don't live there ???
Benny The Noon

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:04 pm

Benny The Noon » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:56 pm wrote:Why would I know what is being aired in the US when I don't live there ???

???

For the same reason you claim to know about football in Spain or Italy, despite not living there. You have access to the internet !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:09 pm

Italian and Spanish Football is on Sky/BT Sports and easily available to watch on the telly as well as also watching them in their own country. I'm sure there hundreds of telly programs around the world but I have zero interest in them and certainly have no intention of watching them on a computer. Blimey I'll be careful next time I suggest I'm enjoying a program on British telly.
Benny The Noon

Postby laza » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:16 am

Yes the Tunnel coming just after Bridge which is a remake of Bron
That what I love about TV all the creativity and originality it generates :D

That being said Im actually enjoying The Tunnel far more then the Bridge

Anyone watching that Welsh mystery show that just started Y Gwyll (hinterland), it seems to have got a few good reviews.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:12 am

Benny The Noon » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:09 pm wrote: I'm sure there hundreds of telly programs around the world but I have zero interest in them and certainly have no intention of watching them on a computer.

:D

Don't be such a Ludite Benny,it's not difficult to hook up a compter to a flat screen TV.

TBH apart from news and sport I hardly watch "television". The majority of stuff I watch is taken from the net the main reason being I can watch all those shows available on SKY, ITV CH4  CH5 etc , without any adverts   :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:19 am

Why do I need to hook up my laptop when what I want to watch is on the Sky Box already ? And certainly no need to go searching for program's I have never heard off from another country
Benny The Noon

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:23 am

Anybody been watching "Elementary"

Sherlock Holmes as a recovering addict is now living in New York and working as a "consultant" with the NYPD.

Starring Johnny Lee Miller as Sherlock, (some might remember him from Trainspotting plus a stint in "Dexter) and Lucy Liu (her with the wonky eye) as Watson the show took a while to grow on me but ultimately  now in it's second season it's proved to be a pretty good watch.

On the subject of Sherlock Holmes the much superior "Sherlock" starring Benedict Cumberbatch returns for a third season in the US on January 19th 2014 but dates for UK release have not been announced.

A truly outstanding show, it's been nigh on two years since we last saw Sherlock jumping off a tall building apparently to his death, can't wait to pick up the story again.

:buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby babu » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:34 pm

Benny The Noon » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:19 am wrote:Why do I need to hook up my laptop when what I want to watch is on the Sky Box already ? And certainly no need to go searching for program's I have never heard off from another country

See thread title, use imagination to infer further than TV.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:38 pm

babu » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:34 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:19 am wrote:Why do I need to hook up my laptop when what I want to watch is on the Sky Box already ? And certainly no need to go searching for program's I have never heard off from another country

See thread title, use imagination to infer further than TV.

And my initial post was about a tv show and how I was enjoying it ! I really currently can't see what the fecking problem is because it appears it's some crime that I didn't watch some Scandinavian/American version on the Internet when I have never heard of it ! What exactly is the problem !
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum