The alcohol thread - How much do you drink?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:14 pm

Ok, with it being a new year (and the UK Government always telling us how we all drink too much!) I thought I’d start a thread to ask how much everyone drinks.

I’m cutting down a bit, although I wouldn’t consider myself a heavy drinker. As a student i drank a lot at university but now i normally drink 1 or 2 half bottles most weeknights and then have 4 pints on a Friday and Saturday.

However, I’ve decided to cut out those ‘odd’ bottles of midweek beer and reduce it down to 8 pints over the weekend and a couple of jars down the pub on a Wednesday.

Anyone else trying to keep tabs on how much they drink and how many unit’s a week they consume?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:01 am

Drink about 8 oints a week, as free time is whenever i have it.

Occasionally go the swan in town for a few but aint done that in a while.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby Woollyback » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:11 am

how much do i drink? dunno really. i don't touch a drop on a monday, limit myself to 2 glasses of red on tue/wed, then thu/fri/sat it's whatever i fancy at the time. might be 3 or 4 beers, might be a proper blow out. sunday varies, usually a few beers

i probably booze too much but i'm not bothered. the whole 14 units for women/21 for blokes was plucked out of thin air by doctors & politicians years ago (they've admitted as much) so borrocks to it. i'd rather die happy at 70 than bored sh*tless and full of regrets at 80. and i'll have 2 quadruple whiskies and a pair of pints please barman
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:07 am

I get absolutely fucking annihilated on Saturday nights, every Saturday night without fail, (indeed Saturday just gone I don't recall how I got home) and don't touch a single drop for the rest of the week. 

I know I've logged on here ratarsed on more than one occasion in the past, but that's how my social life has been for going on the last twelve months now.  Just Saturdays for me.  Although I do get stupidly messed up so I more than make up for not going out through the week...

It's both fair and true to say that I used to be a very heavy drinker a couple of years back.  But who the fuck isn't when they're in their early twenties?  I like going out...
jonnymac1979

Postby GOAT » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:35 am

None in the week unless im going the pub and a sh.itload at the weekend, friday and saturday nights ill be f.ucked
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:19 am

I tend not to drink over the weekends as I work. (Unless someone offers me one, in which case I'll have a pint.)

Midweek, it really depends what I'm doing. Atm I seem to be at the pub Mon-Weds, but I never have more than 2 pints. (Quite often I don't have any.)

Occasionally I'll go out with my best bud and we'll get completely tw*tted, but that's less than once a month as we both do the same job, and we need to look after our voices. (And a night on the lash does nothing but damage for your throat!)

So basically - zero up! :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:55 am

I cut down cause it started to do sinister things to my state of mind ,rather sit in the house house with a chinese now and play online poker :D
burjennio

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:43 pm

Made the mistake a few years ago of starting to drink Vodka/Coke out of a pint glass,I thought it would save me going backwards and forwards to the fridge, but in fact it just meant I made more trips to the supermarket. It dawned on me one day (when I ran out of vodka again) that I was getting through a litre bottle every 48hrs and I wasn't even getting p'issed ,just merry. In an attempt to preserve whats left of my liver since the new year I've cut my intake by half and I'm down to about 2 litres of vodka a week plus the odd beer here and there.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:59 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Made the mistake a few years ago of starting to drink Vodka/Coke out of a pint glass,I thought it would save me going backwards and forwards to the fridge, but in fact it just meant I made more trips to the supermarket. It dawned on me one day (when I ran out of vodka again) that I was getting through a litre bottle every 48hrs and I wasn't even getting p'issed ,just merry. In an attempt to preserve whats left of my liver since the new year I've cut my intake by half and I'm down to about 2 litres of vodka a week plus the odd beer here and there.

Yikes.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby laza » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:19 pm

Not enough
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:28 pm

Ive been on the wagon for weeks just have a few lagers when Liverpool play  :)

No more shorts no more wine, that wine started turning me into a demon.  :no
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:32 pm

JBG wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Made the mistake a few years ago of starting to drink Vodka/Coke out of a pint glass,I thought it would save me going backwards and forwards to the fridge, but in fact it just meant I made more trips to the supermarket. It dawned on me one day (when I ran out of vodka again) that I was getting through a litre bottle every 48hrs and I wasn't even getting p'issed ,just merry. In an attempt to preserve whats left of my liver since the new year I've cut my intake by half and I'm down to about 2 litres of vodka a week plus the odd beer here and there.

Yikes.

:D  Yikes indeed JB, I'm hoping I can cut my intake even further . Trying to limit the booze to friday and saturdays only.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red37 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:15 pm

7_Kewell wrote:(and the UK Government always telling us how we all drink too much!)

....The same Government that opened up Ale houses round the clock!  :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby daxy1 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:17 pm

none till im at a game then have about 2-3 pints

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby JamCar05 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:37 pm

I usually get pretty p****d once a week, which happens either friday or saturday (though lately I've gone a couple of weekends without really drinking). Other than that I limit myself to a couple of beers in midweek (tuesday and/or wednesday mostly) whenever I watch the mighty reds play or just the champions league in general is on.
JamCar05

Next

Return to General Chat Forum