Alcohol - Mmmmmmmm.........

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Woollyback » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:32 am

i'm not a big fan of mixing drinks, my hangovers are bad enough when i stick to one drink :sniffle  the only time i mix drinks is vodka with tonic, any other spirits i drink neat, no ice, no nothing
which beer do you drink btw? i love mahou cinqo estrella but i can't find it anywhere in england :(
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:36 am

I drink many, not that I've got favourites.

I drink GUiness, but then, I don't think it's the same guiness in taste that you can drink up there, perhaps Andy G can give me insight on this.

I drink Heineken, Coronita (Mexican), Franziskaner when I want to pay a little more for a beer, Tennents and the most famous ones are also available, but I just drink every kind of beer. Cheap and Expensive. I think it's a drink that is good when you have cold, and it's a pleasure to drink when it's 35 celsius hot. I like beer.

Nevertheless, when I've had some english mates in shared flats here in Donosti, I've noticed that we have a cultural difference comparing to England. While for me drinking during the week is strange, and I drink only for fiesta and weekends mainly, the english mate always drank two or three cans every night, and said that's quite a normal thing to do there.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:41 am

Sabre wrote:but I just drink every kind of beer. Cheap and Expensive. I think it's a drink that is good when you have cold, and it's a pleasure to drink when it's 35 celsius hot. I like beer.

absolute poetry :buttrock  :cool:  :laugh:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:44 am

Sabre wrote:Nevertheless, when I've had some english mates in shared flats here in Donosti, I've noticed that we have a cultural difference comparing to England. While for me drinking during the week is strange, and I drink only for fiesta and weekends mainly, the english mate always drank two or three cans every night, and said that's quite a normal thing to do there.

most english probably aren't too bad during the week (we work all the time instead of having siestas :;): ) so we don't drink much (if at all) during the week but then drink like maniacs at the weekend

me? i don't give a sh!t, if i wanna drink i'll have a drink, i work for myself so if i'm late getting to the office it's all cool  :buttrock
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:00 pm

In fact, I like more kalimotxo than Sangria, that seems to be the first thing an english man asks for in Spain. Sangria is too sweet, for my taste.

That's what we drank while at Lloret de Mar, we only drank it after meal's though. When we hit town it was beer, vodka and various cocktails, needless to say I'll never drink cocktails again. :D
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:02 pm

Dundalk wrote:Whats your favourite tipple? 

san miguel :p

ole :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Big Niall » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:21 pm

The great thing about pubs in England is that you get a load of different types of beers/lagers/etc, local brews and all that. Not so great though if you only drink one type of beer and this particular pub doesn't serve it.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:37 pm

red wine is my tipple with cheese and biscuits  it keeps me mellow and calms me down...specially when we lose a game  after the charlton game  + a bottle of red  it was like so be it  we lost the addicts got lucky...but in the morning the dissapiontment returned   graaaaaaaaaaha  :angry:   :D

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:17 pm

Mostly i prefer beer, we have many kinds of beer here, but Efes is the champion  :buttrock

Also i drink vodka(with fruit juice) and red wine sometimes. I've also tested tequila few weeks ago-it was really hard :D

Ooooh, and 'raki' our national drink-experience it one day mates  :bowdown

ps: Am i looking so drunk  :D
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:35 pm

IstanBuL-FenerBaHce wrote:Mostly i prefer beer, we have many kinds of beer here, but Efes is the champion  :buttrock

Also i drink vodka(with fruit juice) and red wine sometimes. I've also tested tequila few weeks ago-it was really hard :D

Ooooh, and 'raki' our national drink-experience it one day mates  :bowdown

ps: Am i looking so drunk  :D

hi mate i went to turkey a few years ago  it was bodrum  anyway i met some turkish dudes and they introduced me to raki  i drank to much i havent touched the stuff since   :D

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:59 pm

matrix wrote:hi mate i went to turkey a few years ago  it was bodrum  anyway i met some turkish dudes and they introduced me to raki  i drank to much i havent touched the stuff since   :D

You could have began slowly mate.. :D

Sometimes raki makes a truck accident effect - you cant get out of bed for days.

BTW, fits absolutely with some fish, white cheese or melon  :love:
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum