Terror attacks in mumbai

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:29 pm

190 dead. its increasing but its over finally? thats what is being reported. fingers crossed for you LegBarnes.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Bam » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:36 pm

andy_g wrote:
Bam wrote:If these Pinko jobs worths werent so hellbent on making foreign people and Muslims so comfortable in the UK, you probably wouldnt of heard that some of the terroists in Mumbai were British born.

aaaahhhh... now i get it. its the efforts of people to peacefully and positively integrate the cultures of others that turns them into anti western terrorists. thanks for clearing that one up.

I see how you  stepped aside giving you're opinion on the article I put up.

Wait ......

Dont tell me, you actually agree with it.  :no

Golf clap for Andy !

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby Bam » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:42 pm

andy_g wrote:
Bam wrote:If these Pinko jobs worths werent so hellbent on making foreign people and Muslims so comfortable in the UK, you probably wouldnt of heard that some of the terroists in Mumbai were British born.

aaaahhhh... now i get it. its the efforts of people to peacefully and positively integrate the cultures of others that turns them into anti western terrorists. thanks for clearing that one up.

The same can be said for the PC's who've taken away parents rights to discipline their kids with a firm smack on the @rse.

Why are the youth of today running round the streets knifing people, mugging people, steeling cars and getting away with it. Well even if they are prosecuted they gety a farking holiday !!

But because its a "peaceful and positive" move by the PC's its okay for kids to carry on running a muck.

I now clearly see where you're coming from Andy you good Samaritan you.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:52 pm

Bam wrote:
andy_g wrote:

I see how you  stepped aside giving you're opinion on the article I put up.

Wait ......

Dont tell me, you actually agree with it.  :no

Golf clap for Andy !

ok, the article. what does it prove?

a) the guy is a nobhead?
b) that all muslim's are taking the p!ss out of the british system?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:56 pm

Bam wrote:
andy_g wrote:

The same can be said for the PC's who've taken away parents rights to discipline their kids with a firm smack on the @rse.

Why are the youth of today running round the streets knifing people, mugging people, steeling cars and getting away with it. Well even if they are prosecuted they gety a farking holiday !!

But because its a "peaceful and positive" move by the PC's its okay for kids to carry on running a muck.

ok, ok, chill out. as with just about every school of thought there are extremists and a lot of acts made in the name of 'political correctness' are as ludicrous as acts made in the name of just about everything else. but that doesn't mean that political correctness is wrong per se, just as it doesn't mean that fighting for what you believe in is wrong. its the levels that it is taken too some people that causes the problems.

just as i can't abide by the ignorant claim that the majority of mulsims are terrorists i can't abide by the claim that anyone wanting to look at people and problems in a more understanding and constructive has to be some kind of bleeding heart lefto pinkie.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:50 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:190 dead. its increasing but its over finally? thats what is being reported. fingers crossed for you LegBarnes.

yeah i really hope this isn't just the start of some thing bigger.  :down:
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:09 pm

Bam wrote:Why are the youth of today running round the streets knifing people, mugging people, steeling cars and getting away with it. Well even if they are prosecuted they gety a farking holiday !!

Running a muck ?

Ok assuming I agree with you , who do we blame for all those other kids who are running Amok ?

???

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:35 pm

andy_g wrote:bam, you seem to be more outraged by the pinko leftie, bleeding heart, do-gooder brigade than by anything terrorists, governments or any one else who has got it really wrong. i don't know why you're getting your knickers in such a twist imagining the ways in which these arch enemies of yours are going to be thinking :D

i don't think that anyone is expecting that extremist and fundamentalist behaviour will stop if we pull out of afghanistan and iraq, but i do thnk that many people are realising that we've been going the wrong way about dealing with it. it's fairly obvious that the military actions in these countries have led to an exponential rise in terrorist attacks and the recruitment of even more young and fanatical fighters. the problem is that we've come so far down the road its very difficult to see how we can get out of the situation in a positive way.

the continued danger lies in the lazy and general assumptions that so many people are making. too many people in the west believing that all muslims are at the very least potential suicide bombers (such as the ridiculous posts by karhaz earlier on) and too many muslims believing that us westerners are filthy infidel who only want to destroy their culture. with such entrenched and uninformed views on both sides there is a snowball in hell's chance of any kind of prompt and lasting solution, very little chance of moving forward at all. joe public has as much opportunity as anybody to inform himself about the historical and present situation but the sad fact is that most of the time its a lot easier to cling to the nice easily packaged stereotypes delivered by the s*n and the daily mail.

Beautifully put, Andy, particularly the highlighted part.  I'll be part of your bleeding heart lefty pinko brigade all day long! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:38 pm

I blame Rafa for subbing Keane all the time , if he let Keane play 90 mins all the time the world would be a much safer place .

Oh and that Lucas is a tw@t too. :nod

:;):  :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:55 pm

Bam wrote:A MUSLIM forklift truck driver is suing Tesco because he was expected to handle alcohol.

Mohammed Ahmed, 32, said he was unaware that the retail giant sold booze.
He added that coming into contact with drink was against his beliefs.

An industrial tribunal heard how Mr Ahmed began at Tesco’s distribution depot in Lichfield, Staffordshire, in September last year but left after eight months.

He told the tribunal that he had never visited a Tesco store even though there were three in Derby where he lived.

But he admitted to shopping in other supermarkets and knowing that alcohol had been on sale.

"It is in our religion that we are not allowed to handle alcohol". He added." In the UK there are equal opportunities that should protect me.”

Mr Ahmed is due to find out this week if his claim for racial discrimination, victimisation and harassment has been successful.

:no

Its probably not against his morals though to strap a load of C4 around his waist and walk into a shopping center and pull the pin. The pi.ss taking sponge !

Fit in or f.uck off !

Illustrates Andy's point beautifully, that.  I think virtually every one of us can agree--even us bleeding heart pinkos--that this forklift operator's complaint is ridiculous.  Yet, for a few people, there seems to be an all-too-easy mental leap made from this conclusion to the baseless notion that this guy could be a suicide bomber.  Look, it's simple logic.  If the vast majority of footy fans in England are not hooligans, if the vast majority of Scousers are not criminals, if the vast majority of Christians in the world are not fundamentalist nutjobs, then doesn't it stand to reason that the vast majority of Muslims in the world are not terrorists?  Surely we've all been on the negative end of baseless stereotypes enough times to know how unjust they are? ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Judge » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:07 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:I wonder if America will attack England next for harboring these so called terrorists. Come to think of it, I wonder if England will attack itself, I mean, wasn't this one of the mandates for going to war in the first place?

England should not have gone into Afghanistan or Iraq it had feck all to do with us.

even if we hadnt gone to war, we would still have idiots trying to undermine our society, purely because we are western and do not share their ideals etc etc.

if anyone thinks that if we'd stayed well clear of war with a muslim country, and feel we would be ok now, then they are narrowminded.

let me make it clear to all here - war or no war - terrorists would still be fighting from this country under the name of islam, and they still be planning and executing attacks here on the people of this country also
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:20 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Bam wrote:A MUSLIM forklift truck driver is suing Tesco because he was expected to handle alcohol.

An industrial tribunal heard how Mr Ahmed began at Tesco’s distribution depot in Lichfield, Staffordshire, in September last year but left after eight months.

He told the tribunal that he had never visited a Tesco store even though there were three in Derby where he lived.

But he admitted to shopping in other supermarkets and knowing that alcohol had been on sale.

"It is in our religion that we are not allowed to handle alcohol". He added." In the UK there are equal opportunities that should protect me.”

Mr Ahmed is due to find out this week if his claim for racial discrimination, victimisation and harassment has been successful.

Its probably not against his morals though to strap a load of C4 around his waist and walk into a shopping center and pull the pin. The pi.ss taking sponge !

Fit in or f.uck off !

Illustrates Andy's point beautifully, that.  I think virtually every one of us can agree--even us bleeding heart pinkos--that this forklift operator's complaint is ridiculous.  Yet, for a few people, there seems to be an all-too-easy mental leap made from this conclusion to the baseless notion that this guy could be a suicide bomber.  Look, it's simple logic.  If the vast majority of footy fans in England are not hooligans, if the vast majority of Scousers are not criminals, if the vast majority of Christians in the world are not fundamentalist nutjobs, then doesn't it stand to reason that the vast majority of Muslims in the world are not terrorists?  Surely we've all been on the negative end of baseless stereotypes enough times to know how unjust they are? ???

The probalem bob is that the majority of football fans are not hooligans and the majority know how bad it is. the majority of muslims are not terrorists true, but a much higher percentage are sympathetic and understanding of what the terrorists are doing, and thats not on.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:50 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

Fit in or f.uck off !

The probalem bob is that the majority of football fans are not hooligans and the majority know how bad it is. the majority of muslims are not terrorists true, but a much higher percentage are sympathetic and understanding of what the terrorists are doing, and thats not on.

"A much higher percentage" are sympathetic to terrorism?  Is there any real proof to substantiate that claim or are you just presuming that it's true?  And even if it were true, does that mean it's fair to imply that any given Muslim might be either sympathetic to terrorism or prepared to engage in a terrorist act?  Casting aspersions on over 1 billion of the planet's people on the basis of the dispicable actions of a very small minority of terrorists and terrorist sympatherizers--that's what's not on, as far as I'm concerned.  :no
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby JBG » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:51 pm

Bam wrote:The Western world on here seems very much 'damned if they do, and damned if they dont' at times on here by the "supposedly balanced" mob or even the PC brigade. I just want to briefly touch on the "organ" thread, where the people gave their opinions that it was inhumane and morally wrong as human beings to harvest organs from third World countries. Firstly I'd like to clear out the way that I agree with those people who said that.

So moving on now to other places on the globe like Iraq and Afghanistan where the likes of America and Britain have been heavily involved and critised for doing something at the end of the day which is morally right. People on here were implying that the Western World hasnt forfilled its obligation in helping out the third World enough, which I personally disagree with. We havent stood by for two decades and doing nothing, the British public alone and other organsitaions like Charity's have shelled out Billions. And while I'm here I'll quickly touch on the subject of colonised nations in Africa who have since got their independance from Britain and other European nations, have quickly turned around and become corrupt states leaving their own people to die and starve while the aid of finances from Western nations never filtered through their now independant governments. Zimbabwe and Kenya are just two that spring to mind and like it or not some of these African leaders/dictators havent got a scooby doo on how to run a civilised government or country. While we taught the Kenyans how to farm, and grow crops and lead an honest civilised life, thats since gone out the window once certain countries got their independance.

I drifted right off topic sorry about that, back to the middleast where do-gooders in Westernised countries and on these boards openly critise the likes of America and Britain for intervening in countries like Iraq and Afghanistan. So what, do you all expect the Western World to sit back and do nothing while the likes of Sadaam Hussain mass murders his very own people ? Of course not because its morally wrong to watch thousands of innocent civillians being murdered by an evil dictator. Then the next critical point in that by the PC brigade is that we went in there to also secure oil, which was really our main aim all along. So what, doesnt the ends justify the means ? While in the process, ousting evil tryrants and dictators who slaughter their very own people, surely its morally wrong to stand by and watch this happen. I can gurantee you now had we never gone in their to oust Hussain, it would be the same PC brigade who would be stoning The British and Amercan governments for doing nothing.

Same with Afghan, is it right that Taliban leaders are taking young boys away from their families to train them in becoming the next suicide bomber ? If the families resist the Talibans approach for handing their kids over the all shot dead. Those people are living in fear over there and dont want their kids brainwashed with extremism. An extremism which is to blame for the London Bombings, the twin towers, Mumbai, Bali and the list goes on ..... Millions of innocent people have died in the Western World because of these people. Yet the lefto Pinko brigade still want us to pull out of there, what do you think will happen if we pull out, do you think all these idiotic fanatical Muslims will suddenly stop. Yeah right, then what are we supposed to do negotiate with the brain washed rag heads, no chance.

Then some members on here moan when Muslims are a tarred with Terroism, so fecking what. Its like all the English are still tarred with football hooliganism, do you see any Muslims in England putting that sterotype about us Brits firmly in doubt. Of course not and while the two in context arent compairable in princible its the same. The same with my ancestors who've done terrible things in history in all corners of the globe, I do get fed up and defend my corner when we're labelled as 'barbaric' but do you see any Muslims jumping to the defence of us saying ' That was hundreds of years ago, this White lad here had no influence over what happened then' No you dont. Like it or not people are mostly stereotyped and who can blame Joe Public for honestlt thinking all or most Muslims are terroists especailly when people in London are giving Public speach's accusing the West of all sorts and branding us 'infedels' and recruiting young asians in the fight against the West.

Our own Prime ministers at times are damned if they do and damned if they dont, and wjhatever they do its morally wrong. Sometimes you just cannot win with the PC-Do-gooder brigade. It will be very interesting to see what Obama has in plans for the middleast, I'll guarentee you now there will be certain quarters of the 'bleedin-hearts bridge' on here critising him which ever way he goes about it.

Bam - I'm not intending to have a go at you personally - but IMO this is an extremely simplistic world view and assessment of the facts.

The West, in no shape or form, cannot claim the moral high ground in Iraq. There's absolutely no good argument there.

From the late 1970s until 1990 America and most of the West (and that includes France) supported Saddam Hussein as a counter balance against Iran. Saddam was an ally of the west until he overstepped the mark by invading Kuwait.

There is little or no argument to say that the Gulf War in 1990/91 was motivated by humanitarian reasons -  Kuwait is a tiny country with a small population - and the West created a humanitarian crisis in Iraq in 1991 by calling up the Kurds and Marsh Arabs to rise up against Saddam but did noting to support them and Saddam mowed down the Kurds and the Marsh Arabs in a vicious counter insurgency.

The West's next tactic was to impose economic sanctions on Saddam in the hope that his regime would eventually topple but both Saddam's Iraq and North Korea have proved that if anything sanctions will strengthen the dictator and mercilessly harm the most vulnerable of society - the poor, old and young. The infant mortality rates in Iraq in the 1990s was absolutely shocking and the West - Bill Clinton in particular - did absolutely nothing to help them.

I'm not saying the West was primarily responsible for all of this - ultimately Saddam was mainly responsible - but in no shape or form can the West take the high moral ground over what happened in Iraq.

It was for this reason (and other historical reasons, including the general feeling of resentment towards Britain for its role in the Middle East after WWI) why the majority of Iraqis wanted the West out as soon as Saddam was overthrown and was one of the main reasons for the insurgency.

Furthermore, the West did nothing about the Taliban until they were brazen enough to shelter Bin Laden.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby dawson99 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:08 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

Fit in or f.uck off !

"A much higher percentage" are sympathetic to terrorism?  Is there any real proof to substantiate that claim or are you just presuming that it's true?  And even if it were true, does that mean it's fair to imply that any given Muslim might be either sympathetic to terrorism or prepared to engage in a terrorist act?  Casting aspersions on over 1 billion of the planet's people on the basis of the dispicable actions of a very small minority of terrorists and terrorist sympatherizers--that's what's not on, as far as I'm concerned.  :no

Bob, you're in Canada right? Not exactly in the know when it comes to muslim views?
Try living in London, see what the people say. From what I've heard and seen in papers and in interviews there is afecking lot of sympathy. So sometimes its alittle too easy to just shake your head and think its all rosy
(im not just having a go at you bob lol, we just disagree)
Last edited by dawson99 on Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum