Terror attacks in mumbai

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:42 am

i am still watching CNN right this moment so here are some updates

* 314 injured, 101 dead
* Decann Mujahadeen claiming attacks
* i must say its very well coordinated. there is currently what seems like another hostage situation going on in some marketplace.
* people are using facebook, blogger, and other sites as forms of communication
* there are 10 targets including the railway station, cafe, 2 hotels, and others yet to be discovered.
* no one is sure if there are more attacks nor has anyone heard of this new group
* chances of it being Al Qaeda is slim as the terrorists went into the hotels and specifically asked for anyone holding American or British passports.

anyone who wants to discuss this terror attack or post updates please do so here. i'll be return with the latest update.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Ciggy » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:48 am

Whats going on why has this happened ???
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:52 am

terrorist attacks.
you didnt hear about it? its all over the news.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:53 am

those dead include an australian, a japanese business man, a few britons, a singaporean and also from what yahoo.sg says, a singaporean is also being held hostage.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Ciggy » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:57 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:terrorist attacks.
you didnt hear about it? its all over the news.

yes Ive got Sky news on, but why has it happened?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:00 am

11 policemen dead including the anti-terror chief.
hotels are on fire, fire brigade are currently extinguishing it.

attacks took place supposedly as a form of revenge for countries supporting US. i wont be surprised if Singapore is next as we have had our few scares recently.

this will cause loads of tension between the 2 nuclear neighbors- India and Pakistan, though the latter is claiming it had no part in this. however it is no secret that since Musharrin stepped down as PM, Pakistan has been harboring more terrorists.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:01 am

terrorists have been inspecting the passports of guests and holding the americans and britons as hostages. it is supposedly some form of revenge for supporting the americans in their war against terror. they are targeting the countries that supported the americans.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:49 am

maypaxvobiscum

Postby metalhead » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:42 am

Read that on the newspaper this morning.

they attacked 3 hotels? I don't know how much, but those :censored: knobs targeted westerners staying at the hotel.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:00 am

I better not post anything deemed as to "controversial" in here, the "bleeding heart brigade" will be on the lefto pink war path.

So I'll refrain.

Ah f.uck it ....

Those terroists would make bloody good beings as harvest organe donators, dead or alive !

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:14 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:Decann Mujahadeen

are they of Muslim beliefs/religion/origin? or something else?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:28 am

Bam wrote:I better not post anything deemed as to "controversial" in here, the "bleeding heart brigade" will be on the lefto pink war path.

can i ask what is so wrong about having a 'bleeding heart', or to have compassion for others, or to think of the needs of others as well as the need for oneself?

maybe if a few more people had bleeding hearts we wouldn't have to worry about people getting p!ssed off enough to want to bomb the fukk out of us.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:32 am

Lee J wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:Decann Mujahadeen

are they of Muslim beliefs/religion/origin? or something else?

muslims. there have been a long history of violence between hindus which make up 85% of india and muslims who make up 13%, the remaining 2% are of sikhs and christians.

this whole situation is really interesting as it is not a suicide bombing. the terrorists are actually taking the authorities on. its like a battle going on out there. and india does not seem to have any clue what should be done as they no nuts about this group. i think i got my spelling there wrong too. its either mujahideen or mujahadeen.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:38 am

A group calling itself the Deccan Mujahideen has claimed responsibility for Wednesday's coordinated and deadly attacks in southern Mumbai, but security analysts know next to nothing about them.

One of the alleged gunmen is pictured in Mumbai during the attacks which left at least 101 people dead.

Analysts do not know who the Deccan Mujahideen are affiliated with, whether they are new or the offshoot of an old group.

India ranks among the countries where terrorism is most common, according to the U.S. State Department. And cross-pollination among various terror groups in south Asia makes it difficult to separate them, they say.

Both the intelligence community in India and the United States think the Deccan Mujahideen may be affiliated with one of two organizations that have carried out attacks in India in the past: the Indian Mujahideen and Lashkar-e-Tayyiba.

The Indian Mujahideen is a Muslim militant group which emerged about a year ago but has the organizational capability to carry out attacks such as those in Mumbai, said Paul Cruickshank, a fellow at the Center on Law and Security at New York University's School of Law.

The group has declared "open war" against India in retaliation for what it said were 60 years of Muslim persecution and the country's support of U.S. policies.

In September, the group said it was behind a series of explosions which ripped through busy marketplaces in New Delhi, killing 24 people and wounding about 100.

The group also claimed responsibility in May for near-simultaneous bomb attacks that killed 63 people in the northwest city of Jaipur.

Lashkar-e-Tayyiba (Army of the Pure) is an Islamic extremist group that has claimed responsibility for several attacks on Indian troops and civilians in recent years. They are suspected of being behind the string of bombs that ripped through packed Mumbai commuter trains and platforms during rush hour in July 2006. More than 200 people were killed in that attack.

In the past, Indian officials have blamed attacks within its borders on "foreign" Islamic extremist groups fighting against Indian rule in the disputed Himalayan territory of Kashmir.

The U.S. State Department says Lashkar-e-Tayyiba has several thousand members in the Pakistan-controlled part of Kashmir and called it one of the three largest and best-trained groups fighting against India.  Watch analysis on what the intentions were behind the attacks »

Kashmir has been the source of bitter dispute and two wars between India and Pakistan. Both control parts of the region, which is predominantly Muslim.

The Pakistani government has banned the group and froze its assets in 2002. And Pakistan's new president, Asif Ali Zardari, has made overtures for improved relations between the two countries. He condemned Wednesday's attacks.

Officially, the Indian authorities are saying no one has claimed responsibility for Wednesday's attacks which killed at least 101 people, including foreigners. The Deccan Mujahideen took credit in e-mails sent to several Indian news outlets.

Deccan refers to the Deccan Plateau that makes up the majority of the southern part of the country. 'Deccan' is an Anglicized form of 'dakkhin' which means south.

Mujahideen translates into 'those engaged in the struggle for Jihad.' While 'Jihad' in Islam can mean any endeavor that requires dedication, the term has taken on a militant tone in recent years.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:44 am

metalhead wrote:Read that on the newspaper this morning.

they attacked 3 hotels? I don't know how much, but those :censored: knobs targeted westerners staying at the hotel.

the places that were targeted and hit are two five star hotels, a popular restaurant, a crowded train station, a Jewish center and at least five other sites, armed with assault rifles, hand grenades and explosives. total of 10 sites. i must say unfortunately....superb planning. its reported they came in by boat.

thing is, if it is a hostage situation its gonna be really hard coz firstly, the anti-terror chief has been killed. and so were 2 of his deputies.
maypaxvobiscum

Next

Return to General Chat Forum