The trumpet of terror - A fearful tale...

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby red37 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:07 am

Iam in the opening stages of penning a short tale/play based around the (mature) subject of flatulence:  particularly that surrounding the aristocracy during the late 19th century. I  have invented a cast list, a theme of course and a preliminary first tentative paragraph or two for the inspiration of you lot to assist in the conclusion of this work.  Currently i have hit a mental block however, due in part to copious quantities of Harveys Bristol Cream consumption over the festive period... And I would be eternally grateful if some of your thoughts and ideas could be freely contributed to the fine cause of this project.  Below i will offer my opening embryonic lines and see how we get on, though first i'll present some of the principle characters involved in this most curious of tales:  And yes, i do have far too much time on my hands!

Horg Strumphenleit......................................Understood to be of Germanic descent and leading exponent of the 'Sinister winds of Soth' and general good sport in the wider noble circles.  Owner and proprietor of his late fathers Estate.  Also holds the world record for 'the emptying of trouser parts award'  (11.8 secs:)  Burton upon Trent - 1877. (said to have been detected by Human ear in the neighbouring borough of Uttoxeter)  Favourite to regain his crown at next summers star-studded gala.

Victor Guffelle..........................................Public Orator and private Loose Tea trader to the rich and famous. And not a man to be fed on green vegetation!  Outstanding in the 'Art of the horn of doom' expo of 1882 in Derby. Though not without tendency to 'overdo' it at times..as a result, the rectally unretentive soul has endeavored to soil many a garment on his way to the successful realisation of his bizarre pastime.

Emilia Marskiddottir.......................................Icelandic beauty of Raven-haired appearance, known to frequent the Alehouses and Public Markets of middle England in search of the 'Ultimate cure for Flatulence' - not a big fan of Strumphenleits art. Indeed she is known to carry about her person a "great and all-muffling cork" with which one day is hoped will plug the infamous Horg Strumphenleits 'Ominous Organ of Odoriferousness' - once and for all!

Rand Hosenblap........................................former technical advisor to the 'Legions et Derriere cest sonorifique' and all round guttersnipe, it has to be said. But nonetheless is reputed to be a splendid 'Alto-tenor' down below where the sun doesn't shine...Conspiracies abound that Hosenblap smells blood and would stop at nothing in usurping our Hero given the opportunity.

Clara Ump...........................................Common Housemaid to the estate of Strumphenleit. And close witness to some of the most terrifying, intoxicating and truly ear-splitting 'Farting tournaments' organised at the behest of her maverick employer over the years.....Held usually at the end of each calendar month. Certainly a lady with an axe to grind, as the poor devil has endured night-terrors on a regular basis since the events of those tempestuous meetings and is presently ensconced in a religious sanatorium outside Stockport awaiting an ear/nose transplant.

Ernest Quill...........................................Local vagabond of foul repute, said to stalk the public highways and byways in the vain hope of finding a fair maiden with which to practice his first love..."Name that sphincter". A sad man really, as he was usually regarded amongst the elite when it came to roasting rectums and all things 'Borborygmic' in general, way back in the 1860's. Though now despondent and destitute, he has been spotted on occasion leafing through an old and withered copy of A.R Seymour's  "Wild winds of Wotan" and would no doubt benefit from a good wash.

Cuthbert 'Thundertrumpet' Harriday.................Arch rival to our 'Hero'. Though said to share a great respect toward Herr Strumphenleit. the competitive streak of this superlative 'Speaker of all things ill'  alas, provides little chance of any peace nor fresh air for the rest of us mere mortals im afraid.  As the very same is planning on paying a visit this coming week to the Estate of the above - for a confrontation of such magnitude - the very garments they stand in must surely be forged of stern stuff indeed....lets see how that gripping encounter unfolds.  For now though....

Prologue:

Its 1887.....Somewhere within the grounds of the magnificent Strumphenleit Estate near Chesterfield. We can hear a muffled rustling coming from outside the nearby doorway of an old and dilapidated shed next to a disused cottage, the shelter of one Ernest Quill, who has been sleeping rough there during a particularly dank and gloomy October...Quill is about to be rumbled by none other, but the proprietor of the estate and the quite anally talented Herr Horg Strumphenleit IV....

"Who goes there" exclaimed an anxious, yet booming voice...."What is the meaning of this intrusion!" an exasperated Strumphenleit cried out...

"Tis I your grace...I only seek the warmth and shelter of this humble rampart - no harm will i cause"  replied the reedy, condescending tones of one Ernest Anglethorpe Quill..."I beg of you sire, to allow my weary bones the rest and sustenance they require".....

"Not a bit of it!" " I bid you farewell, my man..you will take leave of my property this instance!" demanded the Lord of the manor..."Now be off with you, before i set the dogs to your stinking hide!"   Suddenly there was an almighty cataclysmic noise....a quake of such voluptitude it near shook the foundations of this old ramshackle miners cottage. After the disturbance had settled and the coast was clear....in strode triumphantly, its owner Horg Strumphenleit who trumpeted his arrival in customary fashion upon discovering the cowering tramp...."oh tis thou, toothless wonder...how your voice has changed yet your breath remains the foulest of nasal challenges"  He sniped at the sight infront of his eyes...that of the backside of Quill, who had happened upon a stout table with which underneath to find cover through the duration of his terrible and highly inappropriate underpant tremor!

half expecting to see little sign left of the miserly occupant who had irked his gander. Strumphenleit crowed...."You sir! you are no more a gentleman than a common hagwit. thy infestitudal underleg parts are hereby to be referred to colloquially as the dourest 'nerillous bathchaps': and id wager that "one shudderous outbursting of such resonance from thine vessels of intestinal discharge -could evacuate even the most temperant of bellys with the ungodliest of force!  You are neither pleasant to the eye nor easy on the stomach! Quite obviously you are repugnant beyond measure.....now be off with you! before i teach thee a lesson you will never forget"

solemnly the creaking rot infested door of the old shed opened and out into the dew laden woods stepped Quill, his hair and general bodily appearance far from tended...a shrill expulsion of air emanated from his tattered pantaloons...aftershocks no doubt.. "Your lordship...iam but a meagre peasant who wishes to offer my apologies and  condolences for my inconvenience to your constitution!...."

"Silence!!"  snapped the agitated Strumphenleit......tentatively removing the handkerchief from about his face...."run along and never return to my sight"  he barked..
as off into the murky depths of the woods, Quill made good his escape...the lord and master closed the door behind him and made his way back to the comfort of the main Drawing room of the splendid Georgian manor left to him by the late and tunefully adept, Strumphenleit senior....

feel free to carry on the story  :)
Last edited by red37 on Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:51 am

Im gonna call you Redspear from now on matey!! :D
66-1120597113

Postby red37 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:24 am

Ok...(another character to add - cheers Baz)

Redspear Chuddleflurp.........................A distinguished wise old seafaring chap, who had previously sailed the high seas with Strumphenleits Great Grandmothers lover Rosen-klack Efflestrom  (out of Gothenburg). Litte is known of this fellow, save for a few tattered old documents depicting several sepia tinted photographs of 'life on the briny' and the scrawled lyrics of a few disgusting yet plaintive sea-shanty's that lie tucked away in the back of a drawer in the Masters private quarters. Rumour has it that upon hearing of Chuddleflurps return to harbour one spring...the mysterious and elusive Efflestrom disappeared and fled to join the circus. The very same one in which our hero's Father was to learn his trade.....Much Buttock skriking and Flatulatory merryment would be heard emanating from the open flaps of many a marquee during this time...Clearly, providing the young and 'damp eared' Horg with many an inspirational  'deft trick or three with the old singin' sphincter' which later on he would of course hold the mastery of...

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:46 am

I've got one...

Molly O'Doherty

This woman of Irish ancestory prides herself on the skill of downing a pint of Guiness in less than a second...she does it in the pub all thy time!
When in spare time Molly is a keen kite flyer....she farts that much she can fly kites indoors!
Flatulent she is also a keen guitar player,her favourite song being gone with thy wind.
She went to the doctor once and guess what he told her guess what he said??Girl ya better put this wind to bed...stop the Black Stuff and all will flow...she did that for a while our Molly...then sadly all did flow out of her A.rse!! :(
66-1120597113

Postby dawson99 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:13 am

genius thread!!!

perhaps this will help as well:

http://www.addictinggames.com/sugandhifarttoss.html
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:21 am

Dawson O'Phallus...please dont bring this very cultured thread down with tecno games!! :D

Bewilderment is beyond thy! :rasp
66-1120597113

Postby red37 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:23 am

BarryBelfast wrote:I've got one...

Molly O'Doherty

This woman of Irish ancestory prides herself on the skill of downing a pint of Guiness in less than a second...she does it in the pub all thy time!
When in spare time Molly is a keen kite flyer....she farts that much she can fly kites indoors!
Flatulent she is also a keen guitar player,her favourite song being gone with thy wind.
She went to the doctor once and guess what he told her guess what he said??Girl ya better put this wind to bed...stop the Black Stuff and all will flow...she did that for a while our Molly...then sadly all did flow out of her A.rse!! :(

an alarming anecdote its true baz....though sadly one i must discard due to the specifics of it being too 'far fetched' for this tale. Despite the profound discomfort Molly O'Doherty did indeed suffer terribly....she was far from being one to mingle with the hob nobbing gentry of 19th century Derbyshire however...i mean hang on a minute, i have to ensure some degree of realism is incorporated in the piece! - Guiness is much too revered to allow its healing broth-like sumptuousness to pervade this story with its bottom-guffawing properties...where's your pride man!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:57 am

red37 wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:I've got one...

Molly O'Doherty

an alarming anecdote its true baz....though sadly one i must discard due to the specifics of it being too 'far fetched' for this tale. Despite the profound discomfort Molly O'Doherty did indeed suffer terribly....she was far from being one to mingle with the hob nobbing gentry of 19th century Derbyshire however...i mean hang on a minute, i have to ensure some degree of realism is incorporated in the piece! - Guiness is much too revered to allow its healing broth-like sumptuousness to pervade this story with its bottom-guffawing properties...where's your pride man!

Right well you can have a dog ya bas.tard!

Sigmund McFrigger was a great dog.....so thought his/her owners!How wrong they were.Sigmund thy dear hound had an unhealthy interest in monkeys! :nod

Sigmund could never eat a monkey(not a whole one)...He/she simply wanted to see what their fur was like! and sniff a monkeys a.rse!

ONE DAY in Belfast Zoo Ould Sig came off thy lead and into the monkey den....Yes !

When he/she (sic) did this an almighty roar apparented thy skys above...It was GOD :nod

The god said to Sig...If thy sniff that ar.se..thy will surely die!! :nod

Without hesitation Sigmund sniffed the monkeys rear and without fear of thy God ran into her fathers arms.....He was Human and called Guy!

He was an LFC fan...

Years later Guy asked Sigmund'What did the monkeys rectum smell like'??

...He had forgotten that dogs could not talk......after years at his Piano only music could talk to him now!!

The dog sat done a s.hit ...someone somewhere heard that dog say ...

EVERTON
66-1120597113

Postby red37 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:14 am

Back to the intrigue and suspense....

A plump looking fellow is enchanting and informing members of the public at a Hot potato stand, outside Chesterfield Market in the run up to Christmas...

" And....it was uttered upon the fourth day, let no man subdue not the fire in his loins nor the gastric turbulence of his eatings from announcing itself to the world" ....declared the bellowing voice of Victor Guffelle...."Furthermore, should any Fish, foul, nor beast stalking the land fall short of the accoutrements of replenishment to the simple man in the street...at any time henceforth and for the purpose of flagellation should it refuse to comply, let it be cast with good haste into the cooking vestibule and seared within a degree of its ruin"

these were hedonistic, indulgent times indeed...and the local Meat sellers and Apothecaries were in equal demand.  For one goes hand in hand with the other, in consideration of the trials and tribulations of the everyday wellbeing of the common or garden Alimentary tract.

"Save your selves...and your sanity"  cried monsieur Guffelle revelling in the moment. "Fill your giblets with the splendiferous fayre on offer hereabouts.... There's venison from the Highlands...Flounder from the fair shores of Palnackie in Dumfries... there are sweetmeats and chitterlings from the floor of the old abbatoir up Foghole lane.. For at any given moment, should constipation strike...you will be in fair need indeed of a good Blowout"  He admonished to a willing and awestruck audience...

Just then a great clap of thunder filled the chill afternoon air overhead and much murmuring and befuddlement ensued..." Fear not good folk...tis the voice of your conscience nigh"  Provoked the ruddy faced bellbog  "Let no wind be trapped in thy britches no parchment be unsmirched by thine wipings"  No one was taking much notice by now as the rain began to swamp the High street with vigour and as quickly as they gathered the throng dispersed into the alleyways and alehouses peppering the darkening cobblestoned thoroughfares of the old town...

Guffelle was an interesting subject, a short stubby little man with an enormous penchant for faggots and black peas..little wonder he was the kind of bum-belching trouserflaring adept, of the calibre fit to grace the most regal of unearthly gatherings up on Cheekflap hill  (as the great manor was affectionately known)  And frequently he and the great Strumphenleit enjoyed many a raucous cacaphonic hour 'on the tube' with increasing mirth and alacrity as their meetings went on unabated into the wee small hours . Indeed many a pigling was consumed along with voluminous quantities of porter or mead to wash it down. And after, the effects could be heard resonating about the countryside as each fellow became replete with the stupendous commestibles from far and wide and from each and every corner of the land...a bountiful period and one that secured the fine reputation of Guffelle as a formiddable foe to the farting firmament of the alumni of Frampton. A reasonable establishment of repute about 12 miles away providing accomodation to the incontinent and generally 'loose' bowelled inhabitants of the surrounding villages of High peak.

more later.....

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby daxy1 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:15 pm

ive heard a story about a feller named Boffer von winnitthrower maybe you could use his guffy name ?????

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:28 pm

daxy1 wrote:ive heard a story about a feller named Boffer von winnitthrower maybe you could use his guffy name ?????

Really daxy, quite a stupifyingly ridiculous name to be honest. And not one to be considered anything but a made-up joke moniker of the utmost comedy value....nowhere near the restraint id have expected for a work of such realism this one purports to represent.... get a grip of yourself man! its not a Python sketch you know!!

:laugh:  :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:48 pm

:D

How about "Narraback De Windodger"

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:51 pm

I know i guy called Dicmund mon Varrnyard!!

Wanna hear about him? ???
66-1120597113

Postby red37 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:03 pm

hmmm....it has a certain allegiance to the excrement of waste gas about it...and perhaps more than a little dash of a 'sphinctorial' ring to its value it has to be said in all fairness... Yet sadly a name hardly indicative of the struggle and plight of yer average everyday Flatus that wends its way south via Intestinal peristalsis and the 'venting off' of its sonically rent offerings of some Decibels into the atmosphere...

But ill bear it in mind all the same (it does though have a slightly rhythmic quality to it, not unlike the 'Pharrappapapping' noise i gave liberty to last night)

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby red37 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:06 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:I know i guy called Dicmund mon Varrnyard!!

Wanna hear about him? ???

Yes....of Flemish origin no doubt  :glare:  Terrible breed for lacking the nerve to lurk up on some unsuspecting poor soul and announcing themselves with Gusto it needs to be said Baz. Quite unsuitable for this documentary...I need REAL industrial strength blurters! not 'phhhhhhhhhhhhhh-ing farters' who only stink the place out.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to General Chat Forum