Roberts - Reply or not

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Woollyback » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:43 pm

ronmeister wrote:Well ive slagged him off and ive also stuck up for him on having a right to an opinion but the fact of that change's when he cant let anyone else have an opinion .The bloke is a Moron full stop yeah he has a right to post his opinion but not to abuse every other person who disagree's with him .I opt to ignore him most of the time and post when it suits me.To be hohnest even having this topic on him show's what a complete T W A T  he is as for Martin o neil being this good and that good how much money does he have to spend (a lot more than Liverpool) and where is he in europe? i think that should answer ya question about him ,yeah he did ok with Leicster with limited funds but how much money would he have at Liverpool? prolly less than he had at leicster and they didnt even get a european spot with him in charge let alone a cup final or the last 16 of the C L .Martin O neil i ****** him

Are we talking the same Leicester who very nearly went bust and the same Celtic who get about 50p a year TV money? Liverpool have more money down the back of the club sofa than Leicester and Celtic have ever generated between them
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:46 pm

Woollyback wrote:
ronmeister wrote:Well ive slagged him off and ive also stuck up for him on having a right to an opinion but the fact of that change's when he cant let anyone else have an opinion .The bloke is a Moron full stop yeah he has a right to post his opinion but not to abuse every other person who disagree's with him .I opt to ignore him most of the time and post when it suits me.To be hohnest even having this topic on him show's what a complete T W A T  he is as for Martin o neil being this good and that good how much money does he have to spend (a lot more than Liverpool) and where is he in europe? i think that should answer ya question about him ,yeah he did ok with Leicster with limited funds but how much money would he have at Liverpool? prolly less than he had at leicster and they didnt even get a european spot with him in charge let alone a cup final or the last 16 of the C L .Martin O neil i ****** him

Are we talking the same Leicester who very nearly went bust and the same Celtic who get about 50p a year TV money? Liverpool have more money down the back of the club sofa than Leicester and Celtic have ever generated between them

I was just going to say the same thing.

Celtic dont have two ha'penneys to rub together.

Leicester went into liquidation and where then bought out by Linaker.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:50 pm

the lack of money that the scottish teams get from tv revenue just reaffirms to me that the old firm will eventually HAVE to join the premiership if they want to compete on the european stage.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:53 pm

stmichael wrote:the lack of money that the scottish teams get from tv revenue just reaffirms to me that the old firm will eventually HAVE to join the premiership if they want to compete on the european stage.

:Oo: F@ck that StMick. Leave them where they are.
And couldnt see fans from Portsmouth, Southampton etc........ traveling to Park head or Ibrox to watch a football game, could you?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:55 pm

stmichael wrote:the lack of money that the scottish teams get from tv revenue just reaffirms to me that the old firm will eventually HAVE to join the premiership if they want to compete on the european stage.

Definitely, footy is undoubtedly now a money-game and the tw*ts at Sky who pull all the strings won't miss the opportunity of megabucks matches like Celtic v Arsenal, Liverpool v Rangers for much longer

It'll happen eventually, to the detriment of sides like Portsmouth, W Brom etc who will find it even harder tha ever to get into and stay in the premiership. Unfair in a way as they're English sides who would get pushed out of the English premiership by 2 Scottish sides but the money steamroller is unstoppable and it's inevitable
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:01 pm

Lee J wrote:I'm probably guilty of jumping down Roberts throat a time or too. I understand he's got his opinions etc and for that reason I apologise for my part in the proceedings.

[LeeJ holds hand out to Roberts....]

No worries mate its forgotten. :)
82-1074641017

Postby 82-1074641017 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:02 pm

ronmeister wrote:To be hohnest even having this topic on him show's what a complete T W A T  he is as for Martin o neil being this good and that good how much money does he have to spend (a lot more than Liverpool) and where is he in europe?

Your the T W A T Ronald, i didnt make this topic, if you dont like me then GO AND FRY :D
82-1074641017

Postby 82-1074641017 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:04 pm

supersub wrote:Roberts tell us...What's the story in Balamory?

Well you can get it on DVD now :D

For more news Subby check this site out :D
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/balamory/
82-1074641017

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:04 pm

Woollyback wrote:

Definitely, footy is undoubtedly now a money-game and the tw*ts at Sky who pull all the strings won't miss the opportunity of megabucks matches like Celtic v Arsenal, Liverpool v Rangers for much longer

It'll happen eventually, to the detriment of sides like Portsmouth, W Brom etc who will find it even harder tha ever to get into and stay in the premiership. Unfair in a way as they're English sides who would get pushed out of the English premiership by 2 Scottish sides but the money steamroller is unstoppable and it's inevitable

Unfortunately I think if they left Scotland it would turn the Scots prem into a joke like the Welsh league. Also how would celtic and rangers cope with life out of europe every year while hearts would be there? In the long run they would both improve by playing top teams every week but would initially get a shock when they realised how good teams in the lower half of the prem are. Also what would happen if one got relegated?  ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby KennyisGod....still » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:46 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:

:Oo: F@ck that StMick. Leave them where they are.
And couldnt see fans from Portsmouth, Southampton etc........ traveling to Park head or Ibrox to watch a football game, could you?

Tend to agree with that statement CGGY, but that wouldnt matter to Celtic or Rangers, they fill their grounds now playin some of the most ordinary kinda ****** you could imagine, so EPL teams'd guarantee full houses, with or without travellin support.
And to be honest, as a Scotland fan thats watched games at both grounds, packed out without a spare seat anywhere, Ibrox and Celtic Park are two awesome stadiums. Anyone else go to Celtic Park for the Hillsborough Memorial Game against Celtic? Those that did would tell you, its an extraordinary place, and even better now than it used to be.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:53 am

Great another topic in the LFC forum devoted to or ending in a Robertsfest..................Hustler must be turning over in his cybergrave at this one. If only i had put pixs in my posts it could have been me that everyone is looking at
Why dont you leave self indulgent stuff in the General Ego....er  Discussion
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:27 am

If the threads or reply to the threads are so offensive, just don't retaliate and make it worse. I believe that Roberts or anyone is entitled to their opinions and let them post theirs. Sometimes it gets a bit over the top but I don't see Roberts as a wind up, he has strong opinions and sometimes does not take to kindly to arguements against his opinions - that's all.

Walk on and enjoy the forum...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:58 pm

laza wrote:Great another topic in the LFC forum devoted to or ending in a Robertsfest..................Hustler must be turning over in his cybergrave at this one. If only i had put pixs in my posts it could have been me that everyone is looking at

erm ahem I think youll find Im not the author of this topic ???
82-1074641017

Postby 82-1074641017 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:58 pm

azriahmad wrote:If the threads or reply to the threads are so offensive, just don't retaliate and make it worse. I believe that Roberts or anyone is entitled to their opinions and let them post theirs. Sometimes it gets a bit over the top but I don't see Roberts as a wind up, he has strong opinions and sometimes does not take to kindly to arguements against his opinions - that's all.

Walk on and enjoy the forum...

Thank you :)
82-1074641017

Postby taff » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:43 pm

Roberts wrote:
laza wrote:Great another topic in the LFC forum devoted to or ending in a Robertsfest..................Hustler must be turning over in his cybergrave at this one. If only i had put pixs in my posts it could have been me that everyone is looking at

erm ahem I think youll find Im not the author of this topic ???

It was me

I was after what Manager and players Roberts would want to see with his Benitez out stance

He still has not properly answered this  ???
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum