Yes
11%
No
67%
couldnt give a f**k
22%

Total votes : 9

Postby Greavesie » Thu May 05, 2011 1:02 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Vote AV and keep the f.ucking tories out . YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE.

as much as you dislike the Tories is it really a means of keeping the Tories out or handing the Lib Dems more power. Being Liverpool I assume you're Labour - or is it anti-conservative?  :D

For me the whole idea behind AV is a joke, anyone who votes conservative will put Lib Dem second and anyone who votes will Labour will do the same. Only one party wins with this voting system in my opinion. I wouldn't let your anti-thatcher views cloud your judgement over this one, or do you genuinely think AV is a good idea?

Cameron's been ok so far imo - but he's the one that's got to take all the flak for our previous governments woeful handling of the economy
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu May 05, 2011 2:46 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Vote AV and keep the f.ucking tories out . YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE.

It would keep Labour out also. Basically a really sh!t system that only the minority parties benefit from.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu May 05, 2011 3:01 pm

Some how's it meant to work in a nutshell?  Is it likely to lead to more minority/coalition governments in the UK and what kind of history do you guys have with that sort of thing?  Is it better to have a Parliament that reflects a broader political spectrum embodied by the electorate or is it more effective to narrow people's choice for the sake of coherence and the ability to effectively govern (using the parliamentary mechanism of a majority)?

(Kinell, I'll be accused of being Benny with all the questions :D )
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Greavesie » Thu May 05, 2011 3:47 pm

thats the confusing part Bob, a lot of people don't know how it works. As far as I'm aware instead of choosing one candidate you rank them in order of preference. If there is no overall favourite then other votes are taken into account. Basically the Lib Dems are every middle party in conservative and Labour constituencies so they're most likely to benefit where there is no majority because most people will have them as second, which in turn leads to more hung parliaments

Thing is though you dont have to rank all of the candidates, for example I could choose one and you could rank 5 in order. My vote is then in danger of being lost completely whereas the others you've ranked can be considered

like SCS says, the minority parties will benefit from this, such as the Lib Dems, Green and BNP

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu May 05, 2011 3:56 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:

Bollox, just because you make out you're the only people in England who were persecuted from Thatcherism.   :no

Couldn't be further from the truth, yeah Thatcher only hurt the people of Liverpool FFS, you need to get out more, the world doesn't end at your cities borders. Yank.

Conservative: Preservation of societal norms within a culture.

GOT F.UCK ALL TO DO WITH YOU EXILE BOY.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu May 05, 2011 3:59 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:

Bollox, just because you make out you're the only people in England who were persecuted from Thatcherism.   :no

Couldn't be further from the truth, yeah Thatcher only hurt the people of Liverpool FFS, you need to get out more, the world doesn't end at your cities borders. Yank.

Just read that  properley then, you people you people . The people from the city of the team you support . Friggin bad :censored: you bam . If were that bad go and supoort you local team yer t1t
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu May 05, 2011 3:59 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:

I'm kinda with Kenny here mate. Tories are far better for me personally than Labour ever were. I see labour as snivelling tw@ts, I'm a torie fan out of the majors if truth be told.

I don't agree with the anti scouse stuff though, but there is abigger picture than what happened a century ago
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu May 05, 2011 4:02 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:

I'm kinda with Kenny here mate. Tories are far better for me personally than Labour ever were. I see labour as snivelling tw@ts, I'm a torie fan out of the majors if truth be told.

I don't agree with the anti scouse stuff though, but there is abigger picture than what happened a century ago

Remember this daws , i havent made this into a oot scouse thing , that sad drunken tw@t out in australia did .
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu May 05, 2011 4:04 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:

Remember this daws , i havent made this into a oot scouse thing , that sad drunken tw@t out in australia did .

Yeah but hes semi retarded so we leave him alone. Let him banjo duel on a different thread  :D

I am torie though, kinda embarressing to admit, kinda like id be a republican if i was in America. But over here they aere basically all as bad as each other. All gutless and are all gonna fukk up the country somehow
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu May 05, 2011 4:06 pm

MY FINAL WORD ON THE MATTER BEFORE I F.UCK THIS SITE OFF ALL TOGETHER .

Remember the team you support , remember where it is and it's history . Now if you don't like it  F.UCK RIGHT OFF .
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu May 05, 2011 4:07 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:

nothing wrong with Igor being prejudiced against the Tories if people can be prejudiced against religion.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Greavesie » Thu May 05, 2011 4:07 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:

I'm Tory as well. Purely for my outlook though. You get what you work for in life and don't live in debt. That's how everything should be imo, otherwise it's not sustainable. We can't afford to keep paying out on ridiculous things when we can't afford to, Labour don't seem to see that

I remember watching a programme about Thatcher once and this dude was forced into buying her council house and was in loads of debt. She said 'it's Thatcher's fault' - nothing to do with the loan she used to pay for her car, her maxed out overdraft and credit card bills to pay tho  :D

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Greavesie » Thu May 05, 2011 4:08 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:

nothing wrong with Igor being prejudiced against the Tories if people can be prejudiced against any religion.

not sure which of the two is the most evil - religion or politics  :D

where's Metalhead when you need him?  :D

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby dawson99 » Thu May 05, 2011 4:08 pm

Greavesie wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:

I'm Tory as well. Purely for my outlook though. You get what you work for in life and don't live in debt. That's how everything should be imo, otherwise it's not sustainable. We can't afford to keep paying out on ridiculous things when we can't afford to, Labour don't seem to see that

I remember watching a programme about Thatcher once and this dude was forced into buying her council house and was in loads of debt. She said 'it's Thatcher's fault' - nothing to do with the loan she used to pay for her car, her maxed out overdraft and credit card bills to pay tho  :D

dontfookin get me started on council housing, then cards will start being distributed for swearing
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu May 05, 2011 4:23 pm

Greavesie wrote:not sure which of the two is the most evil - religion or politics  :D

where's Metalhead when you need him?  :D

neither. it's the people that make it out as bad.

human beings naturally have the desire to rule. whether or not they choose to rule in a proper manner which respects the natural rights of a fellow human being is another matter. a leader can choose to rule by law or fall under the umbrella of rule of law. Parliament would be an empty building but for the people inside. one could choose to adopt the philosophies of Mahatma Gandhi or the attitude of Herman Goerring.

likewise, religion. one can choose to incite hate by condemning another religion or saying "your religion is better then mine" etc etc. the idea of religion was to give people hope, something to believe in, a place where you could belong. however over the years it's caused too much segregation and it is abused as a catalyst for war. but why? is it because of religion itself or is it because of the people involved twisting and turning the words to suit their propaganda?

therefore in conclusion, it is human beings who are the most dangerous. we are the own masters of our minds. and should we choose to limit ourselves and be prejudiced or judgmental towards anyone, there would be a reaction which could naturally escalate. just like throwing a stone into a placid river which causes a ripple.
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum