Owen maybe shown the door

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby banana » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:16 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
This get him back nonsense should stop. Owen is not the player he used to be 5 years back. Liverpool knew this. And now Real has found out the hard way. They thought Owen was a great player. Now they know differently. Why should we take him back? His attitude is bad for team morale, and his work ratio is pizz. We need players like Garcia and Baros who work their azz off for their team mates. Honestly I can't see what should stop his career being another McManaman, Gazza or David Platt. We don't have money to burn, and we can't waste it on a judas midget.

The most clueless ****** in forum posting returns!!!

Everytime you open your gob it reminds me how stupid and knowledgeless you actually are.

Owen's so poor he's Madrid's second top scorer with 7 goals and yet he struggles to play down to the favouritsm of Raul and Ronaldo, its his first season in a new country aswell.

Get a ****** clue you stupid know nothin tosspot. Your pathetic comments prove you can't stand english players, you're either racist or haven't got a clue about the game. Have you ever actually seen Owen play? You're ****** clueless lad. Infact u must be man utd fan because no liverpool supporter would come out with the ****** you chat i tell ya. Owen's not this, he's not that, he's not as good as Baros.

Baros BEST EVER total in a season is 12, Owens WORST EVER in a season is 13. He even managed 19 (17 in the league) last season when he was starved of service, playing in a team which miserabley lacked form he himself wasn't at his best and he missed 3 months with injury.

I'll put it simply for you now dickstain. If you score 20 goals in a season, thats good. Even if you play 50 games every minutes and are the main striker. Thats still excellent. How many players do that a season in one country at the top level? 5? maybe? 6? Owen's done it nearly every year in his career.

Now he got 19 last season, according to you, he didn't put much effort in, i disagree. According to me, he was off form for long periods and was missing for three months of the season with injuries.

Now the fact that he haardly played his best, put no effort in and missed a third of the season, yet still managed to outscore 90% of the players in the league doesn't tell you anything?

Like i said idiot, everytime you open your mouth, you remove all doubt i had that you are a know nothing maggot.

So you've been missing me that much? Already trying to pick a fight are ya?

Let me try to break down your arguments:

1. Owen's so poor he's Madrid's second top scorer with 7 goals and yet he struggles to play down to the favouritsm of Raul and Ronaldo, its his first season in a new country aswell.

I say: Madrid has had 3 managers so far this season. They have all benched Owen. I can accept your argument if Madrid only had one manager. All three benching Owen has nothing to do with favouritism. It has to do with quality.

2. Get a ****** clue you stupid know nothin tosspot. Your pathetic comments prove you can't stand english players, you're either racist or haven't got a clue about the game.

I say: You have no idea what racism is. English is not a race. I do not care about nationalities. I only care about skills and quality. There are both good and bad english players. Pure and simple. Only problem is some fans get caught up in this buy british thing and clubs often overpay for british players. This is a problem for britain in the long term as the clubs buy the same quality from abroad at half price.

3. Baros BEST EVER total in a season is 12, Owens WORST EVER in a season is 13. He even managed 19 (17 in the league) last season when he was starved of service, playing in a team which miserabley lacked form

I say: How you can embarass yourselves with these claims beats me. Baros never got any support in Houlliers regime, and his match form and self confidence was lacking. Baros made a few starts and mostly came off the bench with 10 - 15 minutes to go. It is hard to score 20 goals on the sidelines, even for Baros. He has proved himself on the international stage against top teams and he is now starting to terrorise defenders in the premiership. His pace and skills on the ball are now far superior to that of Owen. Owen got a few goals since he was the ONLY striker. All the other players were trying to create openings for him. Our other striker, Heskey that is, was usually seen outside the box near the corner flag. And the team being low on form has a lot to do with Owen playing really bad, not even converting spot kicks. This will hurt any team.

4 Now he got 19 last season, according to you, he didn't put much effort in, i disagree. According to me, he was off form for long periods and was missing for three months of the season with injuries.

I say: A valid sound argument. However I disagree on the effort bit. I do not think Owen is the best team player. He works for himself only. And he only got 16 in the league, 4 of them panalty kicks. Baros has 8 goals in 14 games so far this season.

5. Like i said idiot, everytime you open your mouth, you remove all doubt i had that you are a know nothing maggot.

I say: Get your act together and stop your stupid name calling
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:33 pm

I say: How you can embarass yourselves with these claims beats me. Baros never got any support in Houlliers regime, and his match form and self confidence was lacking. Baros made a few starts and mostly came off the bench with 10 - 15 minutes to go. It is hard to score 20 goals on the sidelines, even for Baros. He has proved himself on the international stage against top teams and he is now starting to terrorise defenders in the premiership. His pace and skills on the ball are now far superior to that of Owen. Owen got a few goals since he was the ONLY striker. All the other players were trying to create openings for him. Our other striker, Heskey that is, was usually seen outside the box near the corner flag. And the team being low on form has a lot to do with Owen playing really bad, not even converting spot kicks. This will hurt any team.

Baros got 27 starts. 14 as a sub yet only managed 12 goals.

His team play, awareness and link up play along with the runs he makes aren't clever. Most of the time they are poor. How many times does Baros run the ball out of play?

Also check your facts, Owen got 17 in the league last season. Baros has 11 overall this season. 8 in the league as you stated.

So had Owen been in a bit of form last season, had any half decent service as apose to none and hadn't missed three months with injury and hadn't become disillousioned at playing in that team do you not think he could have scored well above the 19 he got?

Do you ever think Baros will score 25 a season regularly? I don't.
115-1073096938

Postby banana » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:59 pm

stu_the_red wrote:

His team play, awareness and link up play along with the runs he makes aren't clever. Most of the time they are poor. How many times does Baros run the ball out of play?

Also check your facts, Owen got 17 in the league last season. Baros has 11 overall this season. 8 in the league as you stated.

So had Owen been in a bit of form last season, had any half decent service as apose to none and hadn't missed three months with injury and hadn't become disillousioned at playing in that team do you not think he could have scored well above the 19 he got?

You friggin sleep, eat, drink and dream Owen man. Get over it. he is not here anymore. If you wan't to support the team support Baros instead of fourth choice Madrid strikers.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:01 pm

If i want to support the team?

Remind me, how many matches you been to in the last 10 years?

Lol.

Moving on...
115-1073096938

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:02 pm

get morientes AND owen.  Imagine winning the Champions league with Real Mardrid's second best strike force  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:06 pm

??? Erm the 4th choice Madrid striker may be signin for us what will you say then ???
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:12 pm

7_Kewell wrote:get morientes AND owen.  Imagine winning the Champions league with Real Mardrid's second best strike force  :D

that would be great for next year, but this we can. They are cup tied and cannot play in champions league. it would be funny to play them and beat them with the two though.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:12 pm

You friggin sleep, eat, drink and dream Owen man. Get over it. he is not here anymore. If you wan't to support the team support Baros instead of fourth choice Madrid strikers.

Fourth choice?

I take it you Morientes, even you know Owen's above him in the pecking order.  :;):
115-1073096938

Postby crazyhorse » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:13 pm

If Becks were tempted his dog wont come anyway!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:22 pm

stu_the_red wrote:

Milan has the second best goals to minutes played ratio in the EPL
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby mistyred » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:09 pm

First,Second,Third,Fourth? Who cares?, aslong a whoever comes can do the job it's all good right? Do you think Raul should be first choice bcos i don't untill recent he hadn't scored for 4 months and Mori had been scoring regular in certain circles in Madrid they regard Mori as the better player and striker so i don't think this talk is relevent at the end of the day doesn't matter who's scoring at Madrid it's all about politics in the end.

Owens not first choice either so i couldn't care less about Mori bieng behind him as Mori is a first class striker u Dig :D
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:31 pm

jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:Milan has the second best goals to minutes played ratio in the EPL

I read Owen has the BEST goals to minutes ratio in Spain right now. Tis a shame the two of them (MO & Milan) never really looked like they could play together in a red shirt. It could have been good :(
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:46 pm

Fowler was class, Anelka is class, Owen is class.

Baros is just a very good player.

Massive difference.
115-1073096938

Postby 77-1099054247 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:47 pm

Owen stated that he is not leaving and that he doesn't know where these rumours came from...or summat along the lines.
77-1099054247

Postby mistyred » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:48 pm

Stu don't u think if milan could pick his head up more he could be regarded in your view as one hell of a player?.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion