Owen told to move - Raul tells owen where to go

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby tel » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:34 am

Doesnt hide the fact that it was a big mistake for him to go there in the 1st place.

Dropping Raul for Owen, no matter how few goals he's scoring this season, is no different to dropping Owen last season for Baros.

We didnt drop Owen during his dry patch as far as I can remember when he wore the red shirt.
tel

Postby Woollyback » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:18 am

tel wrote:Doesnt hide the fact that it was a big mistake for him to go there in the 1st place.

Dropping Raul for Owen, no matter how few goals he's scoring this season, is no different to dropping Owen last season for Baros.

We didnt drop Owen during his dry patch as far as I can remember when he wore the red shirt.

but maybe we should've?  ???
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Macgregor » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:52 am

Owen, Morientes, Gerrard, Cisse, Garcia and Alonso, all playing for Liverpool next season. Is that possible ?  :D
Red Macgregor

Postby el_stinger » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:33 am

Red Macgregor wrote:Owen, Morientes, Gerrard, Cisse, Garcia and Alonso, all playing for Liverpool next season. Is that possible ?  :D

I dont see Owen coming back, I see Baros moving away, and no one causing much of a fuss because of it,  I also dont see Gerrard leaving us. I see Kewell moving on. But I dont see Owen coming back. It might be because of his own pride, but Im not entirely convinced that this is a good thing for us if he does decide to return to the premiership. I dont see him playing for Arsenal or Newcastle as someone has sogessted before me, but I see Chelsea making a bid for him, maybe in a swap for Kezman.
It was sad to see Owen go, but I think the squad would have coped well without him if the injuries didnt affect us so much.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:29 pm

Raul's comments were probably taken out of context as with most of these things.

Owen won't be coming back and I think thats a good thing.  We could get someone better for the price we'd have to pay for him back
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:22 pm

the sitter owen missed for england, if that was baros everyone would be on here calling him ******.
in fact owen missed a couple of sitters.
all strikers miss chances.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:11 pm

Owen won't be coming back and I think thats a good thing.  We could get someone better for the price we'd have to pay for him back

Are you off your tits, stupid are just plainly blind?

Name me 10 strikers in the world who are better than Owen, then name the rest who would be available, then name the rest who would actually come here.

Get a grip and stop talking ******.

Owen's one of he worlds best and the fact is Raul is shitting himself because he knows theres a far better player sitting on the bench.
115-1073096938

Postby JC_81 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:17 pm

stu_the_red wrote:

Are you off your tits, stupid are just plainly blind?

Name me 10 strikers in the world who are better than Owen, then name the rest who would be available, then name the rest who would actually come here.

Get a grip and stop talking ******.

Owen's one of he worlds best and the fact is Raul is shitting himself because he knows theres a far better player sitting on the bench.

Less of the insults you ******, its easy to be cheeky when I'm not standing in front of you.

Owen is an overrated turncoat who was pretty average for his last 2 seasons at liverpool anyway.

Strikers in the world who are better value for money than Owen who might come here?  Here's a few

Defoe - probably wouldn't leave spurs for a few more seasons

Pizzaro - rumoured to be leaving Bayern, quality

Berbatov - very skillful, stood out in the leverkusen games

Angel - gone stale this season at villa, a change of club and he could be back to his form from last season.  Plus Rafa tried to sign him for Valencia

Ibrahimovic - Linked with him before, getting better at Juve but wouldn't be in their strongest lineup.  Might be up 4 a move

Anelka - I know he's just moved but I'm sure he'd jump at the chance if we came in for him.  Moody but proven scoring record in Premiership

Pandiani - Why we didn't draft him in on loan ahead of Birmingham I don't know, especially with our striker shortage.  Available on the cheap at the end of the season.  Decent short term fix

Robbie Keane - Don't know why people always overlook this guy.  Class for Ireland on a consistent basis, good for Spurs this season and still only 24 but with loads of experience.  If he was English he'd be in the national squad.  Needs to improve scoring record but in a better side he'd do just that.  Plus he's a Liverpool fan

Before people start criticising this list, I am not saying that these guys are better than Owen was in his prime.  Owen has lost a yard of pace and isn't the player he was.  I wouldn't bring him back but i think the guys on the above list are worth a look
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:22 pm

Angel ???  not bein funny mate but hes ****** cr@p.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:43 pm

john craig wrote:Owen is an overrated turncoat who was pretty average for his last 2 seasons at liverpool anyway.

and in those two seasons, what kind of service did he get, if any? he was playing in a distinctly average, negative team who'd be lucky to provide him with two chances a game.

in his last season he scored 19 goals despite missing 3 months of the season through injury.

saying he is overrated is just rubbish.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:50 pm

i`d like to see owen back but if you have the right midfield you dont need the worlds best striker.
the united side of the mid nineties was class, and they created that many chances it didnt matter if cole missed a few, they just made more chances for him.
alls you need is a competant strike force which i feel we have at the club at this moment.
i think we just need to get our best players on the pitch and injury free.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:25 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Angel ???  not bein funny mate but hes ****** cr@p.

Thats your opinion

He scored for fun last season in a struggling team but has struggled with injuries this term.  They're not just tap-ins the guy scores either, he can finish.

But hey, you make a list on this site and you get crucified for it, serves me right!!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:31 pm

stmichael wrote:and in those two seasons, what kind of service did he get, if any? he was playing in a distinctly average, negative team who'd be lucky to provide him with two chances a game.

2 chances a game?

bit of an exaggeration there

Also you say he scored 19 goals in his last season, but that gives no indication of the distribution of his goals.  He tends to go through hot and cold spells, rather than scoring 1 in every 2 games for example.  His confidence is too easily knocked if he has a bad game

Every striker goes through cold spells, such as Henry at the moment, but it happened to Owen all too often in his last 2 seasons with us
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:50 pm

Hi guys, I think it's all too easy to criticise a player like Owen when he's left the club although in my opinion those that do are so far wide of the mark it's unreal.

Michael Owen is quite simply one of the best strikers in the game. Some LFC Fans ought to try and put their personal feelings about his transfer to one side and see what we have lost when MO left he club and that is simply a world class striker with loads of goals and a long career in front of him .....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:51 pm

And believe me John Craig he sometimes was lucky if he get two chances a game such was the lack of creativity and forward thinking in the LFC team of the last couple of seasons !!!!! ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion