Owen hargreaves-what am i missing

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby madred » Wed May 31, 2006 12:43 pm

Ok so why is he going to Germany? What does Sven see in him that we cant? I dont see any Bayern Munich games so am i missing something. Every time i have seen him play i have often wondered why he has stayed at a club so big in european football. I hate to say this but i think Phil Neville would make a bigger contribution than him and thats saying something.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed May 31, 2006 1:53 pm

It's not just you MADRED, I think the only person currently in this country that actually belives hargreaves brings anything to the england team is Sven.
I nearly fell off me chair when hargreaves announced that he would only move to a team in the premiership that he thought were upto his stanards; obviously Middlesbrough, Charlton or Aston Villa couldn't afford him at the time  :D  . They are the only sort of teams that would find any benefit of having him in the squad ' cos he ain't good enough for any of the big boys (except 'Spurs possibly - and that's if you actually think they are one of the big boys!!!) The only thing tha was achieved by bringing him on last night was to get that ugly manc fucker Neville off of the pitch.
The really sad thing about Hargreaves in the England squad is that he's taking the place away from a Proper englishman. If he isn't good enough for Canada why does sven think he's good enough for england???
:veryangry  :veryangry
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby craig da Toxteth iron » Wed May 31, 2006 2:40 pm

Hargreaves should never be in the England squad. Sven Should’ve put Hargreaves on stand by, swapped him with Reo-Coker.
Image Image

craig da Toxteth iron

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed May 31, 2006 2:43 pm

I said last night to my brother that I'd be surprised to see him as a regular when McLaren takes over.  I could be wrong of course, but Sven must see something in him that nobody else can.
jonnymac1979

Postby craig da Toxteth iron » Wed May 31, 2006 2:50 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:I said last night to my brother that I'd be surprised to see him as a regular when McLaren takes over.  I could be wrong of course, but Sven must see something in him that nobody else can.

???
Image Image

craig da Toxteth iron

Postby Bad Bob » Wed May 31, 2006 3:24 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:The really sad thing about Hargreaves in the England squad is that he's taking the place away from a Proper englishman. If he isn't good enough for Canada why does sven think he's good enough for england???
:veryangry  :veryangry

Mate, I assure you that he is good enough for Canada...

That's not a remark in support of Hargreaves, mind, but an indictment of our pathetic national "soccer" team!  When Tomas Radzinski and Paul Stalteri are your greatest players, you are truly and deeply in the sh!te.

To put Canada's footballing prospects in perspective...while England plays its qualifying matches before packed crowds at Anfield, Villa Park and Old Trafford, Canada plays in front of a couple hundred people (on a good day) at university "soccer" stadia in places like Victoria, Edmonton or Kingston (where I saw them against Belize last year).

Back to Hargreaves...believe me when I say that his decision to play for England is a massive disappointment to the 15 or so supporters of the Canadian national team and that, should he decide to one day play for Canada (after hopefully having been dropped like a ton of bricks from the England squad)...commentators and "soccer" pundits over here would absolutely cream their pants at the prospect!   :help
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Wed May 31, 2006 3:39 pm

If he played for Hamburg and not Bayern Munich he'd get nowhere near the England squad.

Versatile in many positions but a master of none.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed May 31, 2006 3:51 pm

I think he is just in there because he can understand german and we can use him as a spy :D
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed May 31, 2006 6:38 pm

Think St Mike has hit the nail on the head really, he is a player that is versatile and can play either at fullback and in most midfield positions.
But he is average in all of them tbh and in taking Carragher Sven already has a player that can cover at right back or play midfield as well as centre half, we would have to have a catalogue of injuries during the tournament for it to make any sense at all taking Hargreaves, as if Neville is injured you play Carragher right back, if the holding midfield player is injured you could still put Jenas there (who tbh i think is overrated) but he is better in every department than the Bayern Munich man.
I actually do think he performs worse every time he pulls on the England shirt, he is sloppy in posession and not as strong as the majority of midfielders.
Sven should of taken Defoe instead of Hargreaves we are short of options in that area and that is the type of player that could come on and change a game for you.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed May 31, 2006 7:54 pm

craig da Toxteth iron wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:I said last night to my brother that I'd be surprised to see him as a regular when McLaren takes over.  I could be wrong of course, but Sven must see something in him that nobody else can.

???

What do you mean by ???

Don't they speak English in Tocky lar? 

I know for a fact they do so why the ???   What bit of my post didn't you understand?

Ahhh, hang on........ silly me.  I see what's happened here.

Would you like me to post what I said again in a language you understand?

Here you are, below in big writing for you.

LOL WTF SED LST NITE 2 MY BRO DAT I B SOPRIZED 2 C HIM AZ DA PLAYIN WEN MCLARIN IN CHARGE.  LOL CUD B RONG BUT SVEN MUS C SUMTING IN IM DAT NOBODY ELS CAN LOL WTF.

There you go mate.  Is that better?
jonnymac1979

Postby madred » Wed May 31, 2006 7:58 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:

???

What do you mean by ???

I know for a fact they do so why the ???   What bit of my post didn't you understand?

LOL WTF SED LST NITE 2 MY BRO DAT I B SOPRIZED 2 C HIM AZ DA PLAYIN WEN MCLARIN IN CHARGE.  LOL CUD B RONG BUT SVEN MUS C SUMTING IN IM DAT NOBODY ELS CAN LOL WTF.

:D  :D  :D
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed May 31, 2006 8:00 pm

That's sarcasm in it's greatest form.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Last edited by 48-1119859832 on Wed May 31, 2006 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
48-1119859832

Postby H_K_LFC » Wed May 31, 2006 8:27 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:

???

What do you mean by ???

:laugh:  :D  :D  :laugh:
Brilliant!!
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 65-1149024436 » Wed May 31, 2006 8:38 pm

craig da Toxteth iron wrote:Hargreaves should never be in the England squad. Sven Should’ve put Hargreaves on stand by, swapped him with Reo-Coker.

I wouldn't have Hargreaves on stand-by..he's awful.

Nigel Reo-Coker is a good young talented player, and I think if he wasn't injured he'd be at least on the stand-by list.
65-1149024436

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:14 am

He's got curly hair.

That's why he plays for England.

Sven likes curly hair.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<