Michael owen - Overrated!

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby red37 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:46 pm

what a crying shame for the lad..

this may just cap a truly awful year for owen. though to be honest, the spark wasnt there yet anyway. still, nobody deserves that much misery on a football pitch. all the best.

ps newcastle eh.. :lookaround

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby 2520years » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:12 am

Some of us mentioned his injury-proneness(?) when we were thinking of splashing out over £12m for him last year.  He's class and always will be, but I'm not sure he'll ever play a full season again.
:(
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:43 am

He's out for another 5 months just been on SSN.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:53 am

Is it ligaments Ciggy?  Does he need surgery?
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:22 pm

2520years wrote:Is it ligaments Ciggy?  Does he need surgery?

Honestly, does it matter England are up sh!t creek without a striker !

Rooneys just come back from injury and isnt 100% fit yet, and probably wont be until the WC has finished. Also he isnt in the same calibre when talking about sticking the ball in the back of the net as M.Owen.

Crouch seems to be a target man more than a striker, again not a prolific goalscorer.

Walcott Sven obviously isnt keen on giving him a shot and he's totally unproven.

Thats the fire power boys and girls, yet another masterclass in how not to pick a squad. Well done Sven you've done it again.

:no   :angry:   :help
66-1112520797

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:27 pm

Yer mate ligament damage, he's flying back to England today.
Cant help but feel that he has had two years of bad Karma since he left us, the grass is never greener on the other side no matter what.
You dont turn the chance down of becoming a Liverpool legend twice.
Every time he gets injured I just think back to the 60 thousand fat geordies with their t1ts out on SKY singing and gloating are you watching Liverpool, well yes we certainly are but we cant hear you singin anymore :;):  :D
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:44 pm

Ciggy wrote:Every time he gets injured I just think back to the 60 thousand fat geordies with their t1ts out on SKY singing and gloating are you watching Liverpool, well yes we certainly are  :;):  :D

:D
66-1112520797

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:16 pm

Bamaga man wrote:

Honestly, does it matter England are up sh!t creek without a striker !

Rooneys just come back from injury and isnt 100% fit yet, and probably wont be until the WC has finished. Also he isnt in the same calibre when talking about sticking the ball in the back of the net as M.Owen.

Crouch seems to be a target man more than a striker, again not a prolific goalscorer.

Walcott Sven obviously isnt keen on giving him a shot and he's totally unproven.

Thats the fire power boys and girls, yet another masterclass in how not to pick a squad. Well done Sven you've done it again.

:no   :angry:   :help

When he released the 23 man squad he was going to take to Germany, I instantly knew by looking at the strikers that England wouldn't win the World Cup.

Without a decent strike force England won't make it past the Qf's.  :no
48-1119859832

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:48 pm

Its heartbreaking for Owen AND England. Owen because he decided his whole footballing future just to make sure he would play in the WCUP and England because we have taken no real alternative in case of his injury. Crouch is a different type of player and Walcott is inexperienced. England should start practising penalties NOW.Last nights game gave me an insight into how Everton fans must feel. Go a goal up with 5 mins to go, and then start thinking "well we should get a draw now".
account deleted by request

Postby stmichael » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:52 pm

looks like shearer's coming out of retirement for the 25th time then :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby PhiLFC » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:53 pm

Owen's an honest lad who was over-hyped by the media especially since the France 98 goal against Argentina... he did the biz at Liverpool & Real Madrid and but for injuries would have continued doing it this year for Newcastle and England.  He is respected by his fellow players and managers throughout the world which is one of the reasons why he was Euro player of the year, the other being that he ripped to shreds defences throughout England & Europe when playing for Liverpool during our 5 trophy winning season not to mention the annhilation of Germany in their own backyard.

I like Cisse but he has a lot to prove... Owen on the other hand has f.cuk all to prove.
PhiLFC

Postby oakton » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:42 am

ouch! it's an ACL unfortunately, the worst ligament injury u can get.
oakton

Postby Judge » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:59 am

oakton wrote:ouch! it's an ACL unfortunately, the worst ligament injury u can get.

not quite. try snapping them all  :oh:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:30 pm

drummerphil wrote:I agree whilst Owen certainly isnt the player who scored that wonder goal against Argentina in 98,his record stands up in internationals,a record when you consider his age he should go on and break Bobby Chartons record of 49.A fit Owen in and around the box you can never discard and England need that.

Well maybe not this world cup,after 3 horrific injurys in one season makes you wonder now if he will ever come back the player he was.I bet Newcastle are wondering what the feck they have bought.16 million is an awful lot of money for something made of lego.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:44 pm

drummerphil wrote:
drummerphil wrote:I agree whilst Owen certainly isnt the player who scored that wonder goal against Argentina in 98,his record stands up in internationals,a record when you consider his age he should go on and break Bobby Chartons record of 49.A fit Owen in and around the box you can never discard and England need that.

Well maybe not this world cup,after 3 horrific injurys in one season makes you wonder now if he will ever come back the player he was.I bet Newcastle are wondering what the feck they have bought.16 million is an awful lot of money for something made of lego.

:D agreed. Im glad he never re-signed for us now, class striker but forever blighted with injury, terrible luck, doubt he will ever get back to how he was, waste of 16mil for newcastle.
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion