Michael owen - Overrated!

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby puroresu » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:57 am

I find it amazing at all those that say "Cisse has no 1st touch" yet would like Owen back at Anfield.  Once again today as usual Owen showed us how technically poor he is.  He fails to control simple passes time and time again.
puroresu

Postby kopite_1232002 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:19 am

what a total and utter blert u r,

the lad has just been out injured, people like u anger me,  :veryangry
kopite_1232002

Postby puroresu » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:32 am

kopite_1232002 wrote:what a total and utter blert u r,

the lad has just been out injured, people like u anger me,  :veryangry

I knew that excuse would come out.  Owen has always been average technically with an average 1st touch.
puroresu

Postby kopite_1232002 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:41 am

yeh thats y he has one ov the best goal per game ratios in the world
kopite_1232002

Postby puroresu » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:42 am

I aint disputing his goals record.  I 'm making the point that technically his average.
puroresu

Postby Santa » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:55 am

isn't that his 'goal per game' ratio the reason why some wants to bring back Owen? His 1st touch ain't bad either, definatly better than Cisse and his goal scoring record is also better than Cisse as well. Anyway, what's your point? judging a player who's still not match fit in a high profile game?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:12 am

not judging it on one game. Owen has always been technically average.  If Rooney played after being injured I gurantee his touch would be fine as his technically v good.  Owen isnt.
puroresu

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:35 am

puroresu wrote:not judging it on one game. Owen has always been technically average.  If Rooney played after being injured I gurantee his touch would be fine as his technically v good.  Owen isnt.

owen ain't average...... He just needs a run of games to get back into "groove". (he had the same problem when he was here. Once he recovers from injury, he needs 5 or 6 games to get back sharpness).

But agree with u in 1 point...rooney is way better than owen.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:16 am

A fit Owen gaurentees goals! Anyone who says otherwise does not know their football! :angry:
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:51 am

puroresu wrote:I find it amazing at all those that say "Cisse has no 1st touch" yet would like Owen back at Anfield.  Once again today as usual Owen showed us how technically poor he is.  He fails to control simple passes time and time again.

So you're saying that Owen has and always been technically "average" and that the England vs Paraguay game was further proof of such?

You are laughable.

:laugh:

I agree that the technical aspect of Owen's game isnt his best but I think that it is certainly better than "average".

You seem to be overlooking the fact that he is in no way match fit and that Eriksson is a total poof who would rather gamble the fate of England in the World Cup on half-fit strikers and media hyped teenagers rather than to play it safe, and put on  players who are more experienced and are match fit.

If you were going to start a topic like this, the least you could have done was to provide us with some points that support your arguments (not your "poor touch and failure to control simple passes" routine) and specific examples that would prove that Owen is "technically inept".

El Stinger said it all, when he said that a fit Owen would bang in goals.

And you know that Owen would.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:13 am

not another owen thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :O
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:13 am

puroresu wrote:I find it amazing at all those that say "Cisse has no 1st touch" yet would like Owen back at Anfield.  Once again today as usual Owen showed us how technically poor he is.  He fails to control simple passes time and time again.

You're forgetting Owen has spent most of last season on the treatment table and isn't at his sharpest. I agree Owen's not techincally superior then again he doesn't have to be, when he's fit and he gets the ball 9x out of 10 he usually sticks it in the back of the net, you're forgetting there are several different types of striker and Owen's different from Henry and Ronaldinho, Owen is a poacher.

Cisse however has a far worse techincal ability, Cisse hasn't got the ability to change a match, or have a quiet match and then pop up with a few goals. Owen does F.A Cup 2001.

Cisse also has about twenty shots on goal per match where as Owen usually has a handful and slots one or two home. Owen's scored against some elite clubs and elite players, same can't be sed for Cisse.

So Owen's not the greates striker in the world and he's no where near as good as he once was, but he's still a damn sight better than Djibril Cisse.

You really are blinded by your undying love for Cisse, it would seem. And no I'm not taking the (p)iss you do actually sound like Cisse's partner.
48-1119859832

Postby Good Bob » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:35 pm

Average technically and an average first touch? Are you having a laugh?

His first touch isn't the best, but its not bad at all. Don't sit there and question his technique though for christs sake, you probably don't even know what technique is.

How the hell you can come on here bigging up Sissy then slagging one of the best players to pull on a Liverpool shirt is beyond me. You've clearly never been to a match in your life.
Good Bob

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:47 pm

Owen's first touch and technique may not be his best attributes but he is certainly superior to Cisse in these attributes and just about every other attribute apart from pace.

Maybe part of it was lack of sharpness but it pained me to watch Owen at times yesterday.  Gerrard played a great through ball for Owen down the inside left channel in the first half yesterday and Owen just didn't have the acceleration to stay goalside of the last defender.  Owen of a couple of years ago would have left that guy for dead and put the ball in the net.  While he's still an excellent goalscorer when fit, it's sad to see just how much pace he's lost due to his hamstring trouble over the years - his powers have unquestionably diminished and he's only 26.  He could still be crucial for England in the latter rounds of this tournament though when he gets some sharpness back.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:20 pm

God some of you are bellends, what are you going to say next? ronaldinho, thierry henry etc. are overrated and are really cr.ap?
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion