Owen told to move - Raul tells owen where to go

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby el_stinger » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:34 am

Raul told reporters in Spain that if he is not 100% commited to Real Madrid, then he can tell his story walking.........

Raul issues Owen warning
by James Pearson -  created on 27 Mar 2005

Real Madrid Raul has urged Real Madrid colleague Michael Owen to make the move back to England if he is not totally committed to the Primera Liga giants.
The former Liverpool striker, who netted for England against Northern Ireland, has been primarily used as a substitute by the El Santiago Bernabeu outfit.
The 25-year-old has bagged key goals after coming from the bench for Real, but is second choice behind the likes of Raul and Ronaldo.
Raul recently conceded he would be willing to sacrifice his place in the team for the greater good, and his long-term future with Real would be enhanced by Owen's departure.
Owen has been linked with numerous returns to The Premiership and Raul believes he should consider a switch if his heart is not in Madrid.
"I know Michael Owen has been linked with a return to England," said Raul.
"All I can say is that Real Madrid has to have players who really want to play for this club.
"If anyone is unhappy here I think it's best that they leave. And that means anyone, including Michael Owen.
"We only need people here who are desperate to represent Real Madrid."

This seems to be unnecessary as Owen has always stated that he is 100% behind the club, it seems to me that the other players maybe a little unhappy with Owen's quiet nature in and around the club. May look to move on.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby marcus.c » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:28 pm

That piece of sh*t just wants owen to be out of his way... I say lets take Owen back.
marcus.c

Postby stmichael » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:30 pm

marcus.c wrote:That piece of sh*t just wants owen to be out of his way

Exactly what i thought.

Raul 33 games 9 goals
Owen 15 games 10 goals

Enough said.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:34 pm

Owen is the quiet shy type, he was never flambouyant always got on with his job thats the way he is.
Come back lad you wont be seen as a failure :)
We really miss his goals whether people wont admit it, i would have him back tomorrow, lets hope Cara has a word hey :;):
Last edited by Ciggy on Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:38 pm

i think the fact that owen's such a nice guy works against him sometimes.

if u are happy in real madrid then tell raul to f**k off and claim that regular starting place. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby marcus.c » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:39 pm

Should owen comes back, let us not be so critical of his decision, when he decided to join Real. Owen is pretty much an introvert on and off the pitch. He is a real professional. Unlike others who seek the spotlight and fame, Owen just wants to play football.

I got a feeling though, he will join Arsenal.
marcus.c

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:45 pm

owens a big fans favourite at madrid and on skys primera liga coverage they mentioned that beckham and raul topped a local fans straw poll of who to get rid off at the end of the season.
raul knows if owen stays then his days at madrid are numbered, its a me or him situation for raul and he`s putting the pressure on owen to be the man to go.
rauls had ten years as the darling of the fans and he isnt gonna walk that easily.
i`d love owen to come back, but if we had to pay top dollar for him after only getting eight- well that would stick in the throat a bit.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby marcus.c » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:50 pm

Raul is so freaking jealous of Owen's surreal personality. The only way for Owen to be a regular at the starting line up,is a change of Real's president.
marcus.c

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:04 pm

I'd do anyting to get him back...anything
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby marcus.c » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:27 pm

I have not been back in England for quite a while. What is the general sentiment there, in regards to Owen returning?
marcus.c

Postby simic_ie » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:33 pm

Sad thing is for Mikey is that if Raul decides he has to go then he's gone.... that's how much influence Raul has in the club. If it's a choice between the two then it's gonna be Raul who wins :(

Pity, I'd like to see him doing well out there... for his own sake. BUt if he was to come back to the premiership I can only see him coming back to a club close to his family... whoever that may be.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Macgregor » Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:02 pm

Hope he comes back to LFC.
Red Macgregor

Postby Woollyback » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:10 am

I think Owen is mentally hard as nails and won't be fazed by Raul (allegedly) shooting his mouth off. He might look like the young lad next door but make no mistake, he's unbelievably driven and focussed on his own success and doesn't strike me as the type who'd be scared by the local bully

If Raul HAS indeed said all this then it's because he's the one who's scared of Owen
Last edited by Woollyback on Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:15 am

stmichael wrote:Raul 33 games 9 goals
Owen 15 games 10 goals

Enough said.

The REAL reason for Raul's outburst   ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:18 am

Woollyback wrote:I think Owen is mentally hard as nails and won't be fazed by Raul (allegedly) shooting his mouth off. He might look like the young lad next door but make no mistake, he's unbelievably driven and focussed on his own success and doesn't strike me as the type who'd be scared by the local bully

I Raul HAS indeed said all this then it's because he's the one who's scared of Owen

Agree whole hearteadly Al.

Raul's obviously feeling the pressure of some decent competition for his position.

2 or 3 seasons ago Raul was possibly in the top 3 players in the world but he's living off past glories and this outburst demonstates his desperation and poor form .....

Class speaks for itself , on the pitch !
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion