Luis Suarez signs for Barcelona

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby devaney » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:53 pm

Red - Yes I'm clutching at straws mate because if the information coming out of Barcelnoa FC is to be believed then yes, as you suggest, he had agreed terms for his DREAM move to Spain before the world cup. So why just as Uruguay look as if they are on their way out of the competition did he act with such an amazing degree of stupidity and risk Barca pulling out of the deal? Was it just another moment of madness to add to the ever increasing list or was there more to it. His wife was very keen on the move to Spain and was certainly a driving force. Did Luis have second thoughts about the move and thought no club is going to want me if I commit another biting offence? I don't believe that was the case. Did Barca tell him when they agreed personal terms that they were only prepared to pay the sum of his release clause? I'm not so naive as to believe they said "hey Luis were a bit skint could you go and bite some fkr to drive your price down"  :laugh: The garbage coming out of Barca about him apologising is almost scripted. So is the rubbish about Barca claiming that they will treat Suarez better than he was treated at Liverpool. I just think there is more to this than we will ever know.........
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:12 pm

honestly dev i believe he was doing the nut over the fact uruguay where close to being eliminated. was having a few spats with cheilini and lost the plot without ever having thought of the consequences. as you say its just another on the list.
when luis penned the extension there was talk of him going if any of spains big 2 came in. that clause would have been put in there by suarez's camp and basically removed any power we had to stop him going to one of them. the club didnt mind as when he penned it meant his price would rise in the process. without him signing that deal he would have left for less as there is no way we'd get what we did with only 18 months to run. they came in for him and he was always going to go and the club knew it so put up little fight to stop it.
his wife's family are based in catalonia so im sure she would have been up for the move but i think thats more coincidence rather than telling her husband where he is playing next season.
i think the £75million we recieved is a world record for a player his age. its only £5mil less than what the mancs got for ronaldo and £11mil less than spudz got for bale, both players were younger and have no apparent signs of mental illness either. to us suarez was worth much more than that but in reality we where never going to get any more than we did off barca.
:nod those apologies were pure script and the irony of it is suarez just ended up looking like a liar who would say anything. its barca's pr department at work and all with the intention of getting his ban reduced or overturned, overall i wouldnt say they are happy about him serving a ban but will put up with it and fight it, similar to why we did because he's one of the best in the world.
as we know on the pitch luis never holds back so i hope he retains that idea when it comes to writing his book
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:47 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_indian » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:22 pm

what i still don't understand is why FIFA/UEFA/whoever, have not acted against Barcelona when the club decided to comment on his apology. At the time, he had not signed for the club and so they had nothing to do with Uruguay, Italy or the player himself and so had no right to be commenting on his actions, apology, or anything else for that matter
red_indian

Postby Santa » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:03 pm

I believe the powers that be will maintain Suarez's international suspension but will reduce or do away with his club suspension altogether...do you think this will be under consideration should Suarez remains a Liverpool player? We do need some power broker to be on our side, and it looks like Barca gets away with things, yet again!
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:05 pm

Yeah I just read that his ban might be reduced just to two months, just in time to start the season. It's hilarious if this is true. FIFA are so obviously corrupted, they do their things right in front of everyone's eyes!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:27 pm

The reality is Barcelona are a monster compared with Liverpool and I would be surprised if his ban wasn't
reduced considerably now he's on their books, and possibly money changed hands with FIFA and or the CAS
before they agreed to transfer £75m into LFC accounts.

FIFA will take money from anyone and under any circumstances with bans imposed almost with kickbacks
in mind, rotten to the core, but a beast of an organisation in their own right.

No one can make anything stick despite the stench of corruption and nobody has dared to take them on 
through the courts either.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:49 pm

eds » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:05 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:08 pm wrote:
cardiff-red » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:19 pm wrote:Uruguayan FA have now officially appealed. I'd imagine it will be reduced once he joins Barca, they seem to be good with that stuff.

This made me laugh.... Suarez banned from all football activity apart from transferring to Barcelona who are banned from transfers apart from this Summer. #FIFA

its absolutely hilarious is what it is  :laugh:
and they say they ain't corrupt  :glare:

A few days after signing for Barcelona watch FIFA over turn the ban with a message about his humble apology and accepting his "flaws" for what they are and what victim he has been in all of this.........

I called it about a month ago.

FIFA and Barcelona are the worst two footballing institutions on the planet.  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:55 am

Why is this thread still open? He's gone, FFS
Not ours
Someone else's problem now
End of
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:52 pm

hearing reports that his suspension still stands but he is able to train with them.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:56 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:52 pm wrote:hearing reports that his suspension still stands .

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MTlqBYuShAU
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:13 pm

Eds yes you called it and like a lot of people you got it wrong !! Thankfully !!

I feared the ban would be reduced and it restores just a little bit of my faith in the overall system that it hasn't been. Suarez's idiotic behaviour has cost Liverpool possibly as much as £25m. I have constantly supported Luis but enough is enough and it is now time for somebody else to try and defend his bizarre behaviour.

He will be nearly 28 when his ban ends. We maybe just got the best out of him. He certainly helped us get back into the CL. Very unlikely that Barca will make a £53m profit if they ever sell him. His amazing skills have given us a platform to build a *NEW* Liverpool.

Thanks for the memories Luis. Just make sure you give Barca as many headaches !! And try not to score as many goals you crazy loon !!  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:27 pm

4 months suspension remains, but he'll be allow to train
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:03 pm

I guarantee he'll do something daft again within the next 15 months...then he'll get a 8-12 month ban.

We sold at the right time and we've moved on. Good luck Luis, you'll need it next time you get banned.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:23 pm

7_Kewell » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:03 pm wrote:I guarantee he'll do something daft again within the next 15 months...then he'll get a 8-12 month ban.

We sold at the right time and we've moved on. Good luck Luis, you'll need it next time you get banned.

doubt he will bite again, if he does then he will never be allowed set foot in a stadium for the rest of his life.
next time he wants to have a go at another player then he should give him one square in the nose with a punch or headbutt  :nod  that way he will only get a 3 match ban if he's done.  :;):
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion