Luis Suarez signs for Barcelona

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby fivecups » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:31 pm

7_Kewell » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:20 am wrote:
damjan193 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:50 pm wrote:Well he was similar with us when he first came. He often was a frustrating player at first. Also, I think he's got the most assist in La liga, he's hardly been poor so far.

True, but 1 league goal in 10 games isn't that good for a 75million striker. They've even started playing him as the central striker, but he's fluffing most of his chances.

But as others have said, he's too good to stay like this...so it'll come in time.

He'll come good.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:47 pm

Perhaps not, reports today that Suarez is unhappy and wants to return to England  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:22 pm

When was the last time a player left Liverpool and became a better player ?

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:02 pm

LFC1990 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:22 pm wrote:When was the last time a player left Liverpool and became a better player ?

My mates always try to make fun of me by saying that it's a career ender for anyone who leaves Liverpool. Funnily enough, it seems to be true in a lot of cases. But there are a few that actually became better after they left, Alonso for example. He was a great player with us but did even better after he left IMO. He left in good terms though, in fact he didn't even want to leave, so that must be the reason :D
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:26 pm

I think Alonso is on the boarder. Im not sure he improved as a player just worked with better players. I mean im sure Ronaldo would make Joe allen look good just like Suarez did for the majority of the side last year. But the point about Alonso not wanting to leave is crucial. The likes of Torres and Owen thought they were better then Liverpool and both proved to be not much more than a bench warmer

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:55 pm

LFC1990 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:26 pm wrote:I think Alonso is on the boarder. Im not sure he improved as a player just worked with better players. I mean im sure Ronaldo would make Joe allen look good just like Suarez did for the majority of the side last year. But the point about Alonso not wanting to leave is crucial. The likes of Torres and Owen thought they were better then Liverpool and both proved to be not much more than a bench warmer

Arbeloa has done well, totally under-appreciated when he was here.

Mascherano also.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:24 am

fivecups » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:55 pm wrote:
LFC1990 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:26 pm wrote:I think Alonso is on the boarder. Im not sure he improved as a player just worked with better players. I mean im sure Ronaldo would make Joe allen look good just like Suarez did for the majority of the side last year. But the point about Alonso not wanting to leave is crucial. The likes of Torres and Owen thought they were better then Liverpool and both proved to be not much more than a bench warmer

Mascherano also.

Steve McManaman also did well, but there's not that many who have gone on to better things.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Salty Sock » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:35 am

It's time like these we learn to love again.
Salty Honors Acceptee List: Graham01, grayghost, dawson99, Bamaga Man, GYBS, LegBarnes, frankp57, Toffeehater, crazyhorse , Number 9, dward, Judge, Sabre :) PM for info!

Salty Sock

Postby laza » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:22 am

From Sky site

There is a certainly irony about this considering our season at the moment

Former Chelsea and Barcelona defender Albert Ferrer has said that Luis Suarez is struggling to adapt to life in La Liga since moving from the Premier League.

Suarez has scored just two goals in 11 La Liga appearances for Barcelona and looked a man short on confidence in the 4-0 win over Deportivo La Coruna, snatching at two great chances to score.

Only three forward signings in the last 50 years at Barca took longer than Suarez to score - the club's €81million man didn’t find the net in Spain until his eighth La Liga game.

When analysing Suarez’s performance against Deportivo on Revista de la Liga, Ferrer pointed out that the striker is almost trying too hard to impress and needs to relax when in the final third.

Here's a look at some of Suarez's low points in front of goal.

“Luiz Suarez is a bit nervous of his situation,” he said.

“I think he has realised that he’s come from a team where he was the star and he’s not anymore, so he has to cope with that. You can see from the pictures that he’s still a little bit nervous.

“He’s realising that Barcelona play very accurate passes in the final third which are very quick and with precision. He is trying to do the same instead of having a bit of calmness. He needs some more time to settle down to do things better.”

Suarez has already admitted this season that he’s had to adapt his game, saying: “The defenders are big and strong (in the Premier League)… I was used to them. Here they are more skilful, they complement each other and play tighter together.”

Ferrer thinks this difference in the defensive culture between the Premier League and La Liga is one of the main reasons the former Liverpool man is struggling to find his form.

The panel answer your twitter questions.

“Barcelona play with very tight spaces, at Liverpool he had more spaces to run,” he said.

“At Barcelona you have seven players of the opposition around you defending and you have to be very accurate. He’s still adapting.

“Some of the things he does OK. His movements are fantastic. The only thing he isn’t doing right is in the last position – he’s doing things too quick. He needs to calm down, take his time and take an extra touch
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:19 am

fivecups » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:55 am wrote:

Mascherano also.

if you recall, Arbeloa went thru a long spell of getting injured, returning then getting injured again. I don't think many complained when he finally left, a great player but spent too much time out.  No idea what was different at RM however he seemed to stay injury free once over there - maybe a less physical game?

Masher was a superstar but if you recall again, it was Tevez that convinced him to walk out on Liverpool, we didn't willingly let him go.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:19 pm

Suarez and Barcelona 3-0 down tonight..... and Iago Aspas has scored 2. Unbelievable.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:04 am

11 goals last 7 apps for Barca. Lad has improved as a player even more.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:22 am

17 goals in 17 games. Err.... not bad.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:31 pm

Reg » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:22 am wrote:17 goals in 17 games. Err.... not bad.

But the nastiness still remains doesn't it with him?

https://youtu.be/7BBi-zy6AHA
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:58 pm

He's a nasty little sh!te. That's indisputable, but you can overlook it when he's in your team scoring for fun.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion