Luis Suarez signs for Barcelona

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby devaney » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:45 pm

£75m for a player with Luis's tendencies is not too shabby !!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:47 pm

eds » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:40 pm wrote:http://www.espnfc.com/story/1944862/liverpool-confirm-luis-suarez-move-to-barcelona

63m pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I will repeat that so it sinks in 63 million pounds................

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

The third best player in the world has been sold for a sickening and paltry 63m pounds

I have thrown up in my mouth, Ayre has sold us up the river.

Truly astonishing that no one cares that we have been absoluately mugged here.

Barcelona are laughing their tits off.............Sanchez + 30m = Suarez

Haha you actually believe that?  :laugh:

All the talk of £63 is from the Catalan press. The same lot who said Neymar signed for about £30m less than was actually the case.

All the media over here including The Echo quoting £75m. I know who I'd believe.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:48 pm

eds » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:43 pm wrote:
cardiff-red » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:41 pm wrote:Espn is not the best of sources, would be more inclined to believe James Pearce at The Echo who has stuck with the £75 million release fee

I really hope it is Cardiff.

Even 75m is low compared to what Bale went for last season.

Bale wasn't on the verge of turning 28 though, £75m is good money for someone of Suarez's age.
We haven't been ripped off with that fee and he hasn't gone to another English club so it's about as good a deal as we could have hoped for really.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:53 pm

stmichael » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:47 pm wrote:
eds » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:40 pm wrote:http://www.espnfc.com/story/1944862/liverpool-confirm-luis-suarez-move-to-barcelona

63m pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I will repeat that so it sinks in 63 million pounds................

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

The third best player in the world has been sold for a sickening and paltry 63m pounds

I have thrown up in my mouth, Ayre has sold us up the river.

Truly astonishing that no one cares that we have been absoluately mugged here.

Barcelona are laughing their tits off.............Sanchez + 30m = Suarez

Haha you actually believe that?  :laugh:

All the talk of £63 is from the Catalan press. The same lot who said Neymar signed for about £30m less than was actually the case.

All the media over here including The Echo quoting £75m. I know who I'd believe.

At the end of the day irrespective of whether its 63 or 64 or 75 we all agree that we need to bring in one (hopefully two) world class recognised players now.

Based on who we have been linked to and the players coming in, Rodgers and the recruiting team at Liverpool FC have completely different plans.

I'm not sure how this makes you all feel, but as I have been harping on about, their is concern that this will genuinely blow up in a faces this season.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby laza » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:56 pm

devaney » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:45 pm wrote:£75m for a player with Luis's tendencies is not too shabby !!!

Not to mention the savings on his wages with that 4 month ban
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:02 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:30 pm wrote:
stmichael » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:06 pm wrote:I'm positive the club knew this would happen this summer a while back. I'm sure there's a contingency plan (p.s. Bony isn't it).

I think the contingency plan was Sanchez mate, I don't think they expected him to knock us back.
Bony is just a panic buy IMO, and if he comes I don't think we'll be buying another CF, we only play with 1 up front as it is and £20m would be a lot of money to spend on a 3rd choice striker.

how real was our interest in sanchez though ? if we knew suarez was likely to leave then why did we wait until we sat down with barca to discuss suarez before making it known we would like him to of been part of the  deal? . it was well known he would be leaving the camp nou this summer and wenger sounded out his agent weeks ago in brazil and struck the deal and now he has signed for them. it was pointless us waiting as late as we did with a half ar$ed interest.
if we had of chased him with the same intensity that we did with lallana, allen and borini then we would have got him imo.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:14 pm

I love the official "Statement" release, straight from Suarez's PR teams heart.

Glad we are rid of his emotional issues but gutted that we now have to replace the number 3 player in the world with a manager that looks shaky at best in his latest transfer dealings.

If its true he went for 63 million pounds I hope he brings Barca through hell and ends up costing them the difference that should have been paid to us in full. He is easily worth 80 mil, without the bite he would be in Messi territory 100+... so you have to wonder what was going through his head as his action made everything fall into place nicely for him.

No wonder the ***** plays so well, he has 6 months off almost every year!!!!!
killerp

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:15 pm

red till i die!! » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:02 pm wrote:
stmichael » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:06 pm wrote:I'm positive the club knew this would happen this summer a while back. I'm sure there's a contingency plan (p.s. Bony isn't it).

I think the contingency plan was Sanchez mate, I don't think they expected him to knock us back.
Bony is just a panic buy IMO, and if he comes I don't think we'll be buying another CF, we only play with 1 up front as it is and £20m would be a lot of money to spend on a 3rd choice striker.

how real was our interest in sanchez though ? if we knew suarez was likely to leave then why did we wait until we sat down with barca to discuss suarez before making it known we would like him to of been part of the  deal? . it was well known he would be leaving the camp nou this summer and wenger sounded out his agent weeks ago in brazil and struck the deal and now he has signed for them. it was pointless us waiting as late as we did with a half ar$ed interest.
if we had of chased him with the same intensity that we did with lallana, allen and borini then we would have got him imo.

I think we assumed that because we had a player Barcelona desperately wanted (Suarez) and they had a player we wanted (Sanchez) then a deal could have been done. I think we thought that Barcelona might have encouraged him to join us in part-ex in order to lower the cash payment they had to pay.
Don't forget these talks have been going on near a fortnight now, I think most of that time was us trying to convince Sanchez to come here.
Phil Thompson went on Irish radio and said Sanchez was a done deal so people within the club must have been assuming he'd come to us.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:45 pm

Sky saying fee is £64.3m. Don't know what to believe
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:51 pm

Balague saying...

The figures of Suárez cost: clause was €100 milion.  FCB paid €81. The sale of Alexis (€34.6+3 depending targets) helped reduce the cost

Eh? How does that work out?
Doeboy

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:52 pm

why do you feel the need to believe anything ? fact is he has now departed us  so we move on.
don't get so wound up in the things that you have nothing to do with.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:20 pm

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:42 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:15 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:02 pm wrote:

I think we assumed that because we had a player Barcelona desperately wanted (Suarez) and they had a player we wanted (Sanchez) then a deal could have been done. I think we thought that Barcelona might have encouraged him to join us in part-ex in order to lower the cash payment they had to pay.
Don't forget these talks have been going on near a fortnight now, I think most of that time was us trying to convince Sanchez to come here.
Phil Thompson went on Irish radio and said Sanchez was a done deal so people within the club must have been assuming he'd come to us.

barca had said pretty much as soon as they sat at the negotiating table that sanchez wouldnt be part of a deal, it would be for cash only. so we spent 2 weeks faffing about for nothing. we should have made contact with him much earlier just like wenger did when he sounded out his agent in rio and at that stage barca probably knew fine well he was never going to us so thats why they didnt offer him when they sat down with us.
arsenal paid barca almost £32 mil and probably up front so barca had no fear whatsoever about the suarez deal collapsing because we had been resigned to losing luis and accepting the buy out clause.
its fine that we did miss out on sanchez, you wont get them all but if you are going to try to get the best then you have to really work hard at it. its not like tapping up a player behind their clubs back is beyond us either  :eyebrow
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:12 pm

damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:22 pm

I don't know why people are going on about Sanchez, he went to Arsenal because of London, he abviously know jacksh1t about the club when he was saying that they are a club with a massive worldwide fan base
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion